Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

3 of the last 5 nights my HR22 has rebooted. It only happens in the middle of the night when no one is watching or recording, so I have no idea if there is any warning message before it does.

It is on the latest software (which downloaded about 2 weeks ago when I had also noted it had rebooted overnight). It is also as slow as ever, but as far as I can tell, it is working normally otherwise. I only know it's rebooted because when I go to "list," I have to change it back to local playlist every time it happens.

Is this likely a sign it's giving up the ghost? I actually wouldn't mind as I might get an HR24 in its place if I return it (though I know it's not really likely), and it would be an excuse to add an external drive for more storage.

Any thoughts?

SMK

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Before you give up on it, try unplugging it for at least 6 hours. You wouldn't believe how often that just fixes stuff.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thanks, I'll try it, but I found another (slight) problem with it. I have always had my DVRs connected to a phone line. Yesterday afternoon when my wife went to use the phone, it was dead. When I came home, I disconnected all the phones and worked at the ONT (we have FIOS) to isolate the problem. I had completely forgotten about the 3 DVR phone connections until about midnight. When I disconnected the phone line from the HR22, the problem disappeared. Now, I know I don't have to keep the phone lines connected, especially as they are connected to the internet, and I never buy PPV movies, but still it is annoying to know that it failed, and it still makes me wonder about the stability of the unit going forward.

SMK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...