Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Important Note:

Please, DO NOT CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT about this version.
Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

The Contents of this Download: (Differences based on previous version)

Please subscribe to the Extra, Extra! thread for news about DIRECTV2PC updates.

Download v7507
Download DIRECTV2PC Playback Advisor

New features
  • No new features since last version

Improved/Updated
  • Stability

Notes
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc
  • New Codecs may be download & installed as part of the setup/activation process after installation.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

They're still working on it, eh? Been a long time since the last update!
Haven't used it so much since we got MRV but I'll load it up and give it a go.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#3 OFFLINE   Donb01

Donb01

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationManitowoc, WI

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Installed, used key, activated. Connected to HR20-700. Win 7 32-bit Ultimate, Outlook, firefox and Trillian Comm program running in background.

Was playing Torchwood, most recent episode. Ran about 20 minutes and had an APPCRASH and exited. No further info unless in the future they want us to post the contents of the APPCRASH box.
HR20-700S (Jan 07 build), 5LNB Dish - 2 feeds, wired ethernet, Vizio L32 - 32" LCD TV - HDMI, Analog audio to the TV and a wireless transmitter right now, Harmony 670 remote

#4 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Been using the old version, without problems, for months. Now when I run the Advisor I get strange results, it does not recognize my CPU(AMD PhenomII X6 1075T) nor my graphics card(ATI Radeon HD5770 1Gb). I suppose I should not upgrade?
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#5 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,524 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

WOW - very smooth install.

Very fast detection of all the HD DVRs on the network here - fastest to date.

The menu operation and playback is also very quick.

Only one quirk - during the first playback - it asked me for the 4 digit code to release parental controls...even though I have it unlocked on the HD DVR being viewed already.

Otherwise - flawless playback.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#6 OFFLINE   DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Here we go again ;( ! Installed with my previous SN and un-install/install went OK. Ran the app and got the "You Must Activate" notification. pasted in my key and got a "Activation Limit Reached" warning so no-go.

Should've just left it alone...

#7 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I would like to try this on my desktop computer. It says the logmein mirror driver is not compatable. That shouldnt matter right, because not like I'm going to be using this through logmein.

Does say to update my AMD catalyst drivers. I will download that and try to run the thing again.

I have the old version installed on my laptop, but its so buggy and hardly anything plays (at least HD content doesn't play, or is very choppy/buggy).

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#8 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Ok I updated my AMD/ATI graphics driver and reran the DirecTV PC advisor tool. It still errors on the graphics driver even though the AMD tool supposedly detected the best/latest driver out there and installed it.

Should I still proceed with the hassle of re-registering it and installing it to this PC?

Also the DirecTV2PC adviser tool incorrectly detects the amount of RAM in my computer. Attached screenshots.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#9 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Oh I don't know if the driver detection is working either. Look at attached screen shots. I'm going to try to install it anyway.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#10 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

I had similar errors with ATI, everything is up to date) and decided to leave well enough alone, the old version works fine.
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H

#11 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

I got the "activation failed, enter new key" as well. I don't have any other keys, so this version will not work for me.

Attached Thumbnails

• DIRECTV2PC.PNG

Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#12 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Update: I found an older key and got it to activate, and got this next message. In each case here my computer locks up for a couple minutes.

Attached Thumbnails

• DIRECTV2PC2.PNG

Barry
MY SETUP

#13 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

I get activation limit reached. Is that because I have it installed on my laptop? If I uninstall it from my laptop will part of the uninstaller process release the key so I can install it on my desktop?

I know with Adobe products there is an unregistered licence option in one of the help menus that you run before uninstalling, that way you can reinstall on another computer.

They seem really strict about the activation keys. Microsoft even lets you use the same key a few times just in case you formatted your PC or something. The DirecTV2PC app seems to say it is for playing back protected content. But without a key you still can't play back recordings from say FOX, ABC, CBS? I could understand not being able to playback recordings from any non shopping channel or FTA channel above 100.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#14 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Update 2: when I now click on the DIRECTV2PC (.exe) icon, it wants to install codecs, then give me this:

Attached Thumbnails

• DIRECTV2PC3.PNG

Barry
MY SETUP

#15 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

Now I really am glad I did'nt try and upgrade:)
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H

#16 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Update 3: I have not rebooted yet.... but getting close. I clicked on the .exe file and now I've been on the "receiver selection" screen for right about 5 minutes. Program seems to be hung up.
Barry
MY SETUP

#17 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Ok I ended up sending a new activation code to another one of my email addresses. It took that, did a codec download, installed it and it seems to work.

I'd say the warnings about the video drivers are faulty. It works fine. Navigation is a little slow, but I'm streaming Hell's Kitchen right now off of Fox29 HD. Interesting that I can't take a screenshot of it. Well I can, but you don't see the actual video. They really did secure it. Reminds me of the "Video Overlay" I used to have in the 90's with a creative labs DVD decoder card that your VGA cable had to pass through.

Now only if you could watch LiveTV on this thing, presuming you had a receiver with an unoccupied tuner somewhere in your MRV cloud. That an an iPad port of this would be AWESOME.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#18 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

After multiple freezeups I got the program to see one of my DVRs. See enclosed pictures above.

I didn't have to reboot.

I am now watching content on my computer again.

When I drag the window from one screen to another it does freeze for a moment but comes back.
Barry
MY SETUP

#19 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Issue:

When attempting a playback of "Weeds", "Big C" played instead. "Big C" was the program listed under "Weeds" in my program list.

It said "Weeds" above the scroll bar (at the bottom of the screen), but was playing "Big C" instead.

I restarted the program and "Weeds" was playing.
Barry
MY SETUP

#20 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

When I drag the window from one screen to another it does freeze for a moment but comes back.

Mine does the same, I assumed the pause was my video card making adjustments as my two monitors are slightly different resolutions.
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H

spam firewall