Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Considering I've tried it on two other PCs and am having the same problem--the program is unresponsive--I can only conclude it is, in fact, a DirecTV2PC problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Wish I could help, but I'm still baffled by 11 receivers in an apartment. :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#183 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

There are several in each room! The living room alone has 3, while each bedroom has multiples. One of these days the hundreds of thousands of hours of recorded material WILL be viewed! :P

#184 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Considering I've tried it on two other PCs and am having the same problem--the program is unresponsive--I can only conclude it is, in fact, a DirecTV2PC problem.

You may have railed into too many DVRs for DirecTV2PC, as I don't know of too many with 11 and use this app.
A.K.A VOS

#185 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

"Menu" then system setup, then pick receiver

Just an FYI--the program isn't designed that way. On the lower left of the screen is the "Menu" icon and "Back." The latter is grayed out, and when one clicks on "Menu," the receiver's menu pops up. There is NO other menu available except that of the receiver being viewed, and considering the program only allows one receiver to be viewed and not be changed, the program itself is rather worhtless.

#186 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

You may have railed into too many DVRs for DirecTV2PC, as I don't know of too many with 11 and use this app.

I don't think that's the problem, because not all of them are connected for logistical reasons. Right now there are 5 connected.

#187 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Just an FYI--the program isn't designed that way. On the lower left of the screen is the "Menu" icon and "Back." The latter is grayed out, and when one clicks on "Menu," the receiver's menu pops up. There is NO other menu available except that of the receiver being viewed, and considering the program only allows one receiver to be viewed and not be changed, the program itself is rather worhtless.

"NO" that isn't the receiver's menu.
Once you select system setup you get this:
Capture.PNG
A.K.A VOS

#188 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

I wonder if I have an older version or something. Weird.

#189 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

I wonder if I have an older version or something. Weird.

:shrug: they've all been this way from the earliest versions.
A.K.A VOS

#190 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Well, clicking on that wasn't responsive as it was supposed to be.

I'm going to try a few things and see if it works after that.

#191 OFFLINE   stevenme

stevenme

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'm in the exact same boat. My 1 year old laptop with a Radeon HD 5650 works perfect with DirecTV2PC. My new laptop with a Radeon HD 6630 works great right up to the point you try to play video, then the error saying the graphics card does not support screen capture protection. Funny thing is I can play Blu-rays just fine, so I have to believe the laptop is HDCP compliant.

Is there any hope of Cyberlink addressing this issue with newer graphic cards? How would we contact them to make them aware of the issue?

I'm not having much luck with this. I've contacted Sony (they don't support 3rd party apps), CyberLink (they are looking into it), and AMD (filed a incident, nothing back yet). I've tried just about everything I can think of, but no luck. I know my hardware/software supports this app, I just need to figure out why D2PC doesn't detect it properly.

Has anyone every resolved the issue of Screen Capture Protection? If so, how?
Steve
HR24-500 + AM-21 -> Samsung 52" LCD
HR24-100 -> Samsung 55" LED
H25-100 -> Samsung 40" LED
MRV DECA-BB
SWMLine

#192 OFFLINE   afulkerson

afulkerson

MI Citizen Corps Vol of Year

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

"NO" that isn't the receiver's menu.
Once you select system setup you get this:
[ATTACH]27594[/ATTACH]

I have the same problem after installing a HR34. Not sure if that is related or not!! The same program worked last night with no problems.

I will work on it later on.

#193 OFFLINE   stevenme

stevenme

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

I'm not having much luck with this. I've contacted Sony (they don't support 3rd party apps), CyberLink (they are looking into it), and AMD (filed a incident, nothing back yet). I've tried just about everything I can think of, but no luck. I know my hardware/software supports this app, I just need to figure out why D2PC doesn't detect it properly.

Has anyone every resolved the issue of Screen Capture Protection? If so, how?

Ok, after spending a couple of hours on the phone and reaching level 3 support at Sony, I've been told the ATI chipset/adapter does not support HDCP on my Vaio VPC-SA. The only hope is to get D2PC working with the Intel HD 3000 adapter.

The issue I have with the Intel GPU is that the audio plays fine but instead of video I get a blank green screen. I'm thinking this may be that D2PC isn't compatiable with the Intel chipset. I've tried using an HDCP compliant external monitor over HDMI but same issue.

Has anyone figured out a way around this issue? Is there any hope that CyberLink will release an updated D2PC? I have an email into CyberLink, but no response so far.
Steve
HR24-500 + AM-21 -> Samsung 52" LCD
HR24-100 -> Samsung 55" LED
H25-100 -> Samsung 40" LED
MRV DECA-BB
SWMLine

#194 OFFLINE   sritter

sritter

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Does anyone have this working with an HR34? I've tried this version and an older version. They see the HR34, Activate, but return "There are no recorded programs". I've tried RBR with firewall off and same issue. PC and DVR are on same subnet/same switch.

#195 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

I tried to use this app this morning and got the dreaded HDCP error message.
I'm running Win7 64 and haven't had an issue before.
Checking my audio driver status showed Windows [Microsoft] had updated the driver in November.
"Thank you very much Microsoft", as you just broke this app for me. :(

Since I know my hardware works, I had to go to Realtek's website and download their driver.

Once again, I have no problem now with this app. :)
A.K.A VOS

#196 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone have this working with an HR34? I've tried this version and an older version. They see the HR34, Activate, but return "There are no recorded programs". I've tried RBR with firewall off and same issue. PC and DVR are on same subnet/same switch.

The DirecTV2PC missing titles for the HMC HR34 PlayList has been turned over to DirecTV Engineers.

Edited by Drucifer, 07 January 2012 - 07:57 PM.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#197 OFFLINE   tgaratx

tgaratx

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

The DirecTV2PC missing tittles for the HMC HR34 PlayList has been turned over to DirecTV Engineers.

Have the same issue...how long before they fix?

#198 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Have the same issue...how long before they fix?

We're in week three or as long or as I own the HR34. The CSR I spoke to wouldn't give any tracking details. So I'll just keep calling and emailing. They could be trying to hold out until DirecTV EveryWhere is release. But come Monday, I'll start asking for some account credits.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once

#199 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

But come Monday, I'll start asking for some account credits.

yeah, they really ought to credit you for not being able to use a FREE app.

!rolling

[some people :nono:]
A.K.A VOS

#200 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

yeah, they really ought to credit you for not being able to use a FREE app.

!rolling

[some people :nono:]

When you pay $400 for a receiver, you do want everything to work. That includes the so-call FREE stuff.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once

Protected By... spam firewall...And...