Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   EricBergan

EricBergan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Two out of my three DVRs received the "Pandora" update last night. It appears that this last update broke DirecTV2PC with regards to opening folders.

If you try to open up a folder from within DirecTV2PC, the folder doesn't open and it just changes the folder icon to a triangle icon.

HR20 with the update, no problem here.

eric

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

HR20 with the update, no problem here.

eric

Leaving DirecTV2PC up running all day appears to have "fixed" the folder problem and they are now working. Weird. Thanks to those that tried it on their own and reported it working normally!

#223 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm having this issue too with opening folders on my HR20. I also have the latest update.

#224 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

I am thinking Nomad will make this obsolete when I get it. I'll buy it when they support more devices. It will be great to load up my laptop with hdmi out with entire seasons of TV shows I never had time to watch and get through them at the summer vacation home HDTV.

OT: Got the Pandora update. Messed with it a little then checked out music/pictures and at folders it went crazy and I had to reboot. They keep adding more and more features two this things and they are getting slower and slower. No more features - more speed please.

#225 Guest_MLB_Fan_*

Guest_MLB_Fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Do we know if this APP will ever come out of the beta state and become an official supported NR?

The website still doesn't have a direct link under Technology. You have to google DirecTV2PC in order to get direct access to the link on their website.

#226 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Do we know if this APP will ever come out of the beta state and become an official supported NR?

The website still doesn't have a direct link under Technology. You have to google DirecTV2PC in order to get direct access to the link on their website.

I don't expect much more from this app. I think D* used it as a springboard for things like multiroom viewing.
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#227 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I think DirecTV2PC was used as a testing ground for the Nomad service that is rolling out. That being said I am very glad I have it working. I even had a special CAT line ran, mostly for it, to my DVRs so I could watch sports in my home office without stutter.

My understanding is that nomad downloads then you watch shows so I am not sure it would work for sports as well. I don't mind being behind on a game but don't like it to be over when starting to watch.

#228 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I don't expect much more from this app. I think D* used it as a springboard for things like multiroom viewing.

As long as it continues to work is all I care about. I do a TON of my TV viewing on my PC with Directv2PC.

#229 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Does any one know if you can capture DirecTV2PC video from your PC via a video capture card?

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#230 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,863 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Nope. But if you do, let us know!

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#231 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Does any one know if you can capture DirecTV2PC video from your PC via a video capture card?

Even if you try to get a screen capture it turns out green. I caught my son and I at a baseball game I recorded and tried a screen capture with no joy :(

They have DRM nailed down well in this app.

#232 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,407 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Even if you try to get a screen capture it turns out green. I caught my son and I at a baseball game I recorded and tried a screen capture with no joy :(

They have DRM nailed down well in this app.

I ended up using my camera to take a picture of my screen.

Drew
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR:HR34-7, Dn:HR24-1, MB:HR24-5, Bm:HR21-2, Kt:H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV '00

#233 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

I recorded the Daytona 500 on an HR24-100. When I tried to view it on DirecTV2PC I get the following message: DirecTV2PC could not connect to the receiver, check your internet connection and try again.

I have several other programs recorded on the receiver. DirecTV2PC plays all but the Daytona 500. Any ideas or suggestions.

2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#234 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

I ended up using my camera to take a picture of my screen.

Yeah, I thought about that but by the time I thought about again it it was long deleted. At least I know I can record hi def movies with my camcorder on a tri-pod. :grin:

#235 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm having this issue too with opening folders on my HR20. I also have the latest update.

I also had this issue.

I came here and spent about 15 minutes reading this thread and then went back to my laptop.

I clicked on a folder and it opened! Based on an earlier post here it seems with some setups/equipment combinations it just takes a while to load the contents of folders.

:D

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#236 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

I also had this issue.

I came here and spent about 15 minutes reading this thread and then went back to my laptop.

I clicked on a folder and it opened! Based on an earlier post here it seems with some setups/equipment combinations it just takes a while to load the contents of folders.

:D

I could not open a folder when something was recording. When the recording finished, the folder opened. Also, I discovered closing and reopening DirecTV2PC permits the folder to open. Best wishes!

2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
Linksys WRT310N

#237 OFFLINE   Jasqid

Jasqid

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Guys, I don't know about you, but I figure most of you are much like me. A geek when it comes to this kind of stuff and PCs. And most geeks find it necessary to refresh their PCs from time to time. (once or twice a year perhaps?).

Anywho, I am almost on a regular schedule to do a fresh install every 8 months or so. So guess what I did today. Yep. blanked my OS for a clean install. No, not a big issue, matter of fact, I enjoy doing it most of the time. So you know, with a fresh install comes re-installing the Directv2PC software. .... ..... I think you all know where this is headed....

Who the H**l came up with the idea to limit activation keys for this buggy mess? Why are they making me create an email address I will never use again? Over the last 3 years or so I have reinstalled my PC 4 or 5 times. (This does not include the 2 upgrades of new machines I built in this period either.) The last was this past July. I put new hardware in this tower and did a reinstall. Had to use a new email address to get a key. I saved the email from July when I got it. Used it once. Tonight I get a message that too many activation attempts were used. Hello? It's only been used once!!

So I try to use my email address and it says I already reached the maximum of two keys per address. (No I didnt). WHAT GIVES? IS there a work around? It's free software. Why the big deal with these @@#@$#^&$&$^*^%*U activation keys.

(Yeah. I am p%%d!)
=================================
HR22-100 (HDMI) -> Samsung 56" DLP (HL56A650)
H21 - 100 (Composite) -> Magnavox 32" Combo (SD)

#238 OFFLINE   ChuckM128

ChuckM128

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I had DIRECTV2PC on my previous computer that worked great; I bought a new HP Touchsmart 520-1047C with all the latest and greatest; downloaded and installed the program fine; program found my receiver with all my recorded programs; went to test one and got this message:

UNKNOWN OUTPUT CONNECTOR; supported connectors are: 1) DVI 2) HDMI 3) Japanese D Terminal Output 4) Component Video 5) S Video 6) Composite Video 7) Analog RGB

I have no idea what this is!!! DVR is connected via Ethernet to my home network and only HDMI is used elsewhere.

Any ideas???
HR34, HR24-100
Mitsubishi 82" DLP RPTV
Denon-AVR791
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray
Ethernet WD Live Wire

#239 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,352 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

I had DIRECTV2PC on my previous computer that worked great; I bought a new HP Touchsmart 520-1047C with all the latest and greatest; downloaded and installed the program fine; program found my receiver with all my recorded programs; went to test one and got this message:

UNKNOWN OUTPUT CONNECTOR; supported connectors are: 1) DVI 2) HDMI 3) Japanese D Terminal Output 4) Component Video 5) S Video 6) Composite Video 7) Analog RGB

I have no idea what this is!!! DVR is connected via Ethernet to my home network and only HDMI is used elsewhere.

Any ideas???

This app doesn't care about the DVR, but does about the Touchsmart, which is where this connector must be.

FWIW: if you have an Optical audio output without a HDCP compliant driver, it must be disabled, "so" if you can find this output connector, you may be able to disable it within Windows, and get this App working.
A.K.A VOS

#240 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

.......Any ideas???

Check the following: Win 7 Control Panel; Hardware and Sound; Sound; Manage audio devices; Playback tab; verify that no digital output is the default. In the attached Picture, I have Speakers as the default and digital output disabled).

DRM and D* prevent us from using digital output unless it is DRM compliant.

I hope that helps. Best wishes!

Attached Thumbnails

• AudioSettings.JPG

2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
Linksys WRT310N

spam firewall