After a few years of flawless use I am getting the "an error has occurred" message when I try to play something. It's been a while but I believe I had that error and I fixed it by turning of digital on my sound card. I have been messing with sound card settings with no luck.
I haven't made any changes to my set up at all.
Might be time for a fresh install and reinstall codecs unless someone has other things for me to try.
I did some searching on Google and found my own answer from earlier in this thread.. http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=124
These are the steps to fix if you have this problem:
- Download Directv2pc from the first post of this thread
- Uninstall current version of Directv2pc
- Shut down PC then turn it back on
- Turn off your firewall/AV program
- Right click install as admin - the file you downloaded from first post of this thread
- Enter your most recent activation key when prompted that was emailed to you. (I used one from 2011) Save your activation code email!
- After you enter activation key you know things are going well if you get messages about downloading and installing codecs and updating program.
- After install Start Directv2pc
- It will scan and find your DVRs, select one and start watching TV.
- Restart Firewall/AV program.
Restarting PC, installing as admin, and turning off Firewall AV may or may not be necessary, but I wanted to cover all bases in one reinstall.
I really love this program when it works. With March Madness and baseball season coming up it is a must for me to have so I can watch and work at the same time.
I had 2 years of flawless use, reinstalled, 2 more years of flawless use, and reinstalled. Hopefully I get two more years.
I am fairly sure this problem is caused by the codecs this program uses getting deleted, corrupted, or quarantined.
It would be nice if they had a codec pack to reinstall but since this program is not supported, I was happy the download still worked. I am saving my copy this time in case the download link stops working one day.
I really don't see this program sticking around much longer.
*** If the program used to work for you and stopped working for some unknown reason, can't find recievers, crashes, etc... I would recommend the full uninstall and reinstall steps above. It takes about 30 minutes and is worth a shot.
Edited by Special Ed, 14 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.