Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   freerein100

freerein100

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Directv2PC has the parental settings set to pg13 and I have never set a pass code , is their a way to reset the pass code?

To those having this problem, set a pass code on one of the connected receivers with blocked programming and then unlock that receiver and then go to Directv2PC and unlock the parental controls and the programs should now be available

Edited by freerein100, 02 August 2011 - 07:48 PM.
New Info for problem

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,671 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ok let me just put all my issues and wishes in one post... keep in mind this is first impressions.

1. DirecTV2PC Adviser tool can't properly detect my memory or video card drivers. Puts a red circle next to video card, but guess what, it works fine.
2. Activation Key had to be resent to another e-mail address. It's not clear if there is a way to install it to multiple PC's in a household (more common these days). Even if you can't it's not clear if there is a procedure to 'deactivate' the key on one PC to allow it to activate on another PC.
3. GUI is a little slow... could be my PC (it's a little older).
4. 30 sec Skip button takes like 5 to 6 seconds to complete. It certainly isn't instant like it is on the actual DVR.
5. Sometimes the transport controls show up on screen and take a real long time to disappear... other-times the transport bar goes away in a few seconds.
6. The DVR free space indicator text is truncated. Says "29% Availab" as opposed to "29% Available" despite having plenty of room for the text.
7. The text is nice and sharp, but the DirecTV logo in the upper right looks like its a small graphic upscaled ie) blurry. A higher resolution source graphic would look better. Looked at this on my 1280x1024 monitor and my 1920x1080 monitor.
8. Installer took a little bit of time to fire off. The installer icon appeared in the taskbar, but there was no on screen indication that anything was installing for a few minutes. Then finally the install window appeared with the next/cancel buttons.
9. The info bar at the top comes down but there is no logo in the upper left corner. Shouldn't I see the same logo in the upper left corner that I see on the DVR?
10. It took me a bit to figure out how to get the PIG(Picture in Guide) back to full screen. I didn't realize you could just click on it!
11. Windows 7 disables Aero while this app is running. Any way around that?
12. Can't seem to play SD content! App hangs at 99% CPU usage. Have to lower priority to "Below Normal" in task manager just to be able to do anything on the computer. After a few minutes DirecTV2PC says that the connection to the receiver timed out. HD content plays fine.

Wishlist:
1. Live TV with full guide (as long as you have an unoccupied tuner). Call it something like DirecTV2PC Doubleplay as a play on that feature. Give the same warnings when the tuner is called for recordings or a user requests using it.
2. Ability to browse on demand channels and pick content to download to the DVR. It would be great to queue up VOD material for watching later.
3. A port to iPad or MacOS (DirecTV2MAC, DirecTV2iPAD ?)
4. Ability to access the ToDo list to manage DVR recordings, history, priorities. Can you delete recordings on this version? Maybe even the ability to set favorite channel lists up and other settings (a real remote access to the DVR).
5. Bring these neat UI animations and crisp text to the real HR2x DVR as well!

Edited by cypherx, 02 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#23 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

High tech and loving it.

• Super Moderators
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

I would like to try this on my desktop computer. It says the logmein mirror driver is not compatable. That shouldnt matter right, because not like I'm going to be using this through logmein.

Does say to update my AMD catalyst drivers. I will download that and try to run the thing again.

I have the old version installed on my laptop, but its so buggy and hardly anything plays (at least HD content doesn't play, or is very choppy/buggy).

Even if you are not "using" the logmein driver at the same time as DIRECTV2PC, it is basically always present in the system as part of the video driver system. And that could be a problem.

Cheers,
Tom
Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#24 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I am sooooooo sick and tired of needing to get a new key, or re-enter it ever freggin' time they release a new version.
This is so annoying.
I've lost me other key numbers, and have no more "new" e-mail addresses for them to send one to.

so stupid

#25 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,529 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Do we uninstall first?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#26 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

I am sooooooo sick and tired of needing to get a new key, or re-enter it ever freggin' time they release a new version.
This is so annoying.
I've lost me other key numbers, and have no more "new" e-mail addresses for them to send one to.

so stupid

This is the exact reason i am not upgrading. Its a real PITA to play the key game. Last time I had to make another gmail account just to get a key.

#27 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,529 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

This is so annoying.

so stupid

This is the exact reason i am not upgrading. Its a real PITA to play the key game. Last time I had to make another gmail account just to get a key.

Am I alone in having a couple email addresses for situations like this? I have 2 "throw away" addresses and 2 real ones.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#28 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,391 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Am I alone in having a couple email addresses for situations like this? I have 2 "throw away" addresses and 2 real ones.

And for a 10 min email address: http://10minutemail....Mail/index.html
A.K.A VOS

#29 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,384 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

Wow, this thread suprised me. I know I will be downloading when I get home.

#30 OFFLINE   Donb01

Donb01

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationManitowoc, WI

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

1) I'm running Win 7 32 bit. I have the latest and greatest version of the logmein free version running on here and having no issues.

2) I had not issues with activation or install. I *did not* waste my time running the adviser, figuring it already worked with the old version and nothing changed.

3) After my earlier reported crash I came back to the program I was watching when it crashed and hit resume. It started over and I had to fast forward to where I left off.

4) Wish list: I should be able to delete a program when I'm done. It was annoying to have to go to the living room to delete the program.

5) When I ran the program I was watching that had caused the crash the second time it played all the way through and did not crash.

6) I'm also complaining about the parental controls. My receiver is wide open therefore this prg should read that and also default to wide open. If not, then when I go through the PITA process of setting it to view all then it should SAVE those selections and not reset them every time I go in. Plus it also reset them after I finished watching a program. This is the most annoying thing to me right now - that or if I unlock it then leave it unlocked until I change it! Edit: Maybe just in case of family folks maybe it can ASK if you want to re-lock the parental controls upon exit.
HR20-700S (Jan 07 build), 5LNB Dish - 2 feeds, wired ethernet, Vizio L32 - 32" LCD TV - HDMI, Analog audio to the TV and a wireless transmitter right now, Harmony 670 remote

#31 OFFLINE   Donb01

Donb01

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationManitowoc, WI

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

OK, had another crash - this time 3/4 way thru Haven.

Other things that happened is I used 30 sec skip and when it resumed the screen was all blocky and pixelated. I exited and came back in and it was still that way, but I did a couple more 30 sec skips and then it cleared up. Crashed about 10 minutes later.

Here is the APPCRASH window if it is useful to the programmers:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DIRECTV2PC™.exe
Application Version: 2.0.0.7507
Application Timestamp: 4a23d8d0
Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bda6f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00018b23
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
HR20-700S (Jan 07 build), 5LNB Dish - 2 feeds, wired ethernet, Vizio L32 - 32" LCD TV - HDMI, Analog audio to the TV and a wireless transmitter right now, Harmony 670 remote

#32 OFFLINE   ajiuO

ajiuO

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

I only have one thing on my wish list...

1. Mac compatibility

#33 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

This version seems to knock my internet down on the PC using D2PC more than the last version.

#34 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

i do have a couple of email addresses, I used them all up in the past getting serial numbers because the new versions don't think the old number is valid.

#35 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

Every time there is an upgrade to this I always see people struggling with the whole license key issue. I save all my software license keys in a file so it's not an issue for me but I have a suggestion.

Why don't the developers follow the VMware model and leave the license key in the registry during the uninstall process? In fact, VMware Desktop always asks you if you want to leave the key in the registry and always uninstalls the old version before installing the new version. Works perfectly every time.

Onto my experiences with the upgrade...

1) Installed 7507 on top of the old version
2) It asks to uninstall the old version, uninstalled
3) Used previous saved key during install
4) Directv2PC starts up full screen
5) Asks to activate the key
6) Activated successfully and downloads/installs upgraded CODEC

Initial test appears to be running succesfully in both full screen and windowed mode.

I'm on Windows 7 x64. AMD video card.

#36 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

This is so annoying.

so stupid

If you have a gmail account you can make different address out of your current email. That's because GMAIL just ignores the "."

For example if your email is stevehas@gmail.com You can make it steve.has@gmail.com or s.tevehas@gmail.com or st.evehas@gmail.com and so on. You don't need to do anything with your gmail account. Just register the different format it with whatever service you like. It will get to your gmail account.
It's only tv!

#37 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

Every time there is an upgrade to this I always see people struggling with the whole license key issue. I save all my software license keys in a file so it's not an issue for me but I have a suggestion.

Why don't the developers follow the VMware model and leave the license key in the registry during the uninstall process? In fact, VMware Desktop always asks you if you want to leave the key in the registry and always uninstalls the old version before installing the new version. Works perfectly every time.

Onto my experiences with the upgrade...

1) Installed 7507 on top of the old version
2) It asks to uninstall the old version, uninstalled
3) Used previous saved key during install
4) Directv2PC starts up full screen
5) Asks to activate the key
6) Activated successfully and downloads/installs upgraded CODEC

Initial test appears to be running succesfully in both full screen and windowed mode.

I'm on Windows 7 x64. AMD video card.

I keep all my keys as well the email they are sent to. The problem is when you go to use that key it won't let you, it whines about authorization errors.

#38 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,384 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

No problems installing or activating. Playback has been smooth on the shows I have tried.

One suggestion though, unify the playlist like what you see on the HDDVR's.

#39 OFFLINE   Steveknj

Steveknj

Icon

• Registered
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

There needs to be a tablet version of this!!

#40 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Oh I don't know if the driver detection is working either. Look at attached screen shots. I'm going to try to install it anyway.

I looks like your installing or running the adviser remotely using logmein... which would load a different display driver when remote versus sitting in front your machine.

Just a thought...

spam firewall