Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#381 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Happy to hear. It is a great feeling when the program seems dead and you can get it back to life.

I think codecs or something gets corrupted/go missing and the built in download process won't redownload what is needed for the program to work.

Doing a completely clean install of Directv2pc makes sure all components are installed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#382 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hey guys, I just ordered a new PC.  I have to put it together but I ordered a Nvidia GTX 650 video card.  Has anyone tried using a 650 with Directv2PC?  Does it work?

#383 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,037 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

It has worked with every nVidia card I've ever used, but it doesnt work with every driver version....I recommend trying the latest drivers from the nvidia site, if they don't work, try the ones that come with the card.  I've got a pair of 560Ti's running in SLi on Windows 7 64-bit...works great.  DIdnt work with the drivers that originally came with the card.

Edited by CCarncross, 25 April 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#384 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,883 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

My experience parallels the one above. I've had it quit with an update and just rollback a version or two.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#385 OFFLINE   EricBergan

EricBergan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hey guys, I just ordered a new PC.  I have to put it together but I ordered a Nvidia GTX 650 video card.  Has anyone tried using a 650 with Directv2PC?  Does it work?

Works with my 680, now running the 320.00 beta driver. Also worked with the 314.22 driver. This is on Win7 64-bit.

#386 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Works with my 680, now running the 320.00 beta driver. Also worked with the 314.22 driver. This is on Win7 64-bit.

Thanks that puts my mind at ease.

#387 OFFLINE   azjerry

azjerry

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Recently upgraded to an HR44 with whole home and kept my old HR22. I decided to try Directv2pc again. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the program saw all the recorded programs on both DVRs. A day or two ago the HR44 received a firmware update. No the program only sees two HR44 shows recored on 4/29. None of the previous recordings show up even though they do show up on the HR44. Ideas?

#388 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I changed to a new router and now the dang program crashes when I try to play something.  Uninstalled and reinstalled to no help.  Any ideas?

#389 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

This program makes me want to pull my hair out.  It works for a few days in a row and then it craps for a couple days, and then works fine again.. 

#390 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I changed to a new router and now the dang program crashes when I try to play something.  Uninstalled and reinstalled to no help.  Any ideas?

Can you go back to your previous router -  just for troubleshooting this problem?

#391 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Can you go back to your previous router -  just for troubleshooting this problem?

Old router died.  It works with the new one sometimes.

#392 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,883 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Your router shouldn't have anything to do with the client unless it's wireless.  Check that your security settings are in synch.  If it's a wireless laptop, delete the wireless connection and re-connect.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#393 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hey, its a wired connection.

#394 OFFLINE   PhilS

PhilS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Old router died.  It works with the new one sometimes.

Check the IP address of the HR44 under your Router DHCP settings. Make sure it matches the IP address in the HR44 settings. If the IP address in the HR44 has a 169 in it, then it is not getting the IP address from the Router.

#395 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Check the IP address of the HR44 under your Router DHCP settings. Make sure it matches the IP address in the HR44 settings. If the IP address in the HR44 has a 169 in it, then it is not getting the IP address from the Router.

I had my two bedroom DVR IP's set manually.  I restored defaults and had the DVR's get their own IP'svia the router.  I tried playing recording and it crashed 2 times and finally on the 3rd try it played.  We shall see how it goes. :)

#396 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Short lived.  It played for 2 minutes and crashed and now I can't get it playing again.

#397 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Short lived.  It played for 2 minutes and crashed and now I can't get it playing again.

This is a cut and paste from an earlier post by another user...

it might be worth a try, as it worked for him.

I did some searching on Google and found my own answer from earlier in this thread.. http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=124

These are the steps to fix if you have this problem:

• Download Directv2pc from the first post of this thread
  • Uninstall current version of Directv2pc
  • Shut down PC then turn it back on
  • Turn off your firewall/AV program
  • Right click install as admin - the file you downloaded from first post of this thread
  • Enter your most recent activation key when prompted that was emailed to you. (I used one from 2011) Save your activation code email!
  • After you enter activation key you know things are going well if you get messages about downloading and installing codecs and updating program.
  • After install Start Directv2pc
  • It will scan and find your DVRs, select one and start watching TV.
  • Restart Firewall/AV program.

Restarting PC, installing as admin, and turning off Firewall AV may or may not be necessary, but I wanted to cover all bases in one reinstall.

I really love this program when it works. With March Madness and baseball season coming up it is a must for me to have so I can watch and work at the same time.

I had 2 years of flawless use, reinstalled, 2 more years of flawless use, and reinstalled. Hopefully I get two more years.

I am fairly sure this problem is caused by the codecs this program uses getting deleted, corrupted, or quarantined.

It would be nice if they had a codec pack to reinstall but since this program is not supported, I was happy the download still worked. I am saving my copy this time in case the download link stops working one day.

I really don't see this program sticking around much longer.

*** If the program used to work for you and stopped working for some unknown reason, can't find recievers, crashes, etc... I would recommend the full uninstall and reinstall steps above. It takes about 30 minutes and is worth a shot.

#398 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hmmmm I guess I can give it a try.  Thanks.

#399 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well I tried the uninstall and all the steps above with the same result.  I guess this program has some kinks and is a tad unstable.  So when it works I'll be thankful.

#400 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

can you post a picture of the crash?

Edited by tbolt, 25 July 2013 - 03:54 PM.

spam firewall