Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#421 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Do you have DEP on for all apps or just MS Apps and Services? It is in the Control Panel, System, Advanced Settimgs area. I have solved c0000005 access violations in the past in other apps by excluding the app from DEP or try turnimg DEP off for a test.

Mine was just set for essential Windows and services.

EDIT: I tried turning it on for all and adding an exception for Directv2PC but it still crashes.

Edited by SParker, 11 September 2013 - 11:12 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#422 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hmmm well isn't this interesting.  I was looking under my network properties and I sometimes use a VPN service.  Even when I'm not connected to the vpn there is a TAP adapter.  I disabled it and playback worked fine...Hmmmm.  Wondering if that was it.

#423 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Well so much for that theory.. :bang

#424 OFFLINE   videog

videog

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Wanted to share this. I've gone through a few periods with the "Can't connect to update server" and D2PC almost showing a program, but failing just as it was ready to start. I have just come out of one of those. Here is what happened:

I am a "chrome browser" user. I had an issue with some site or feature that was not working correctly in Chrome, so I went to fire up "Internet Explorer" (In my case, IE 10). Turns out I had IE issues, and was getting APPCRASH's in IE. I didn't know it because I don't use IE.

The fix for the IE issue was

·         Close any Internet Explorer windows

·         Click Start

·         Click Control Panel

·         Open Internet Options (you may have to switch from category view to icons to find this)

·         Click the Advanced tab

·         Click Reset…

·         Click Reset

·         Click Close

·         Click OK

·         Open Internet Explorer

This also cured Direct2PC! Apparently some IE related stuff making the D2PC app nutty.

Worked for me

YMMV

#425 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Think my problem was the VPN tap adapters.  If I disable them when I'm not using them I haven't had the issue..

#426 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

I have the Dishanywhere application.  Makes DTV2Home look Stone Age.

#427 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I have the Dishanywhere application.  Makes DTV2Home look Stone Age.

I have Directv's version of that, its called a Slingbox and it also has Android App so I can watch on my smartphone.  Yours just happens to be built into your DVR, because Echostar bought Sling Media a few years ago and they make Dish's DVR's.  With my Slingbox, I can also control and watch recordings from my OTA DVR.   I use DIRECTV2PC only to watch recorded programs from my DIRECTV DVR, while watching another program from that DVR live. For example, 2 NFL Sunday Ticket games.

HR34-700, HR22-100

Protected By... spam firewall...And...