Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,720 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

I think you're missing the part about software that will capture the screen video.

But what does that have to do with the video card? Software vs hardware...

I know on my PC when I take a screen shot, the playback window is blank, so the software seems like it's already preventing screen capture.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

But what does that have to do with the video card? Software vs hardware...

I know on my PC when I take a screen shot, the playback window is blank, so the software seems like it's already preventing screen capture.

The hardware and the drivers have to support the features necessary for the copy protection. Cyberlink can't do it without some operating system and hardware support.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#83 OFFLINE   ttrayner

ttrayner

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Can't get the software for this version to download from forum. Any suggestions. My programs skip and hang with the version from Direct Tv site. My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3200. Is that an issue? Running windows 7 64bit. Need help.

#84 OFFLINE   ttrayner

ttrayner

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

where did you find the download for the v7507?

#85 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

where did you find the download for the v7507?

The very first post in this thread has the links.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#86 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,615 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Can't get the software for this version to download from forum. Any suggestions. My programs skip and hang with the version from Direct Tv site. My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3200. Is that an issue? Running windows 7 64bit. Need help.

This card/chip shouldn't be a problem.

http://hr20.dbstalk....RECTV.v7507.zip
A.K.A VOS

#87 ONLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

I downloaded and installed this version this morning.

1. Download time was fast, much faster than the time to download the current version on Cyberlink's website.

2. Installation was good except that my old activation key didn't work. I had to download again using another e-mail address.

3. This version has the same problem that the previous version had. It recognizes my HR21-200 but says that the Playlist is empty. I wonder if it's because I have an external HD on that machine?

4. Playback over my HR24-500 is excellent. A small delay at startup but otherwise smooth. I'm using a wireless connection to the PC and the dd-wrt firmware definitely makes a big difference in pq.

2H/1J

#88 OFFLINE   delete2end

delete2end

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

is there any way to use this program to watch TV when away from home? maybe by remote connecting back to my home network or via VPN?
James

My Rig & Setup
Dell Latitude E6400
Core 2 Duo @ 2.8ghz
6 Gig Ram
256 MB NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M
HR24-500

#89 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

is there any way to use this program to watch TV when away from home? maybe by remote connecting back to my home network or via VPN?

Basically no. The network tests would likely fail from lack of performance.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#90 OFFLINE   edenkers

edenkers

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

I recently puchased a Toshiba P775 series that has the Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset which is also part of the Intel HD Series graphics chipsets. I'm running the latest drivers.

The application loads and I can view recorded content that is Standard Definition and also content that was recorded in High Definition from over the air channels. Any HD content that was recorded from any other channel has sound but the video is a solid green picture.

I almost traded in my brand new Toshiba P775 series for a Samsung RC512 notebook which also has an Intel Core i7 processor. I was looking at the Samsung becuase it had the NVIDIA® GeForce GT 525M, however the screen was smaller (only 15.3") with lower resolution (1366x768). Boy am I glad that I did not because I found another satellite forum where someone was having the same GREEN SCREEN problem with their Samsung RC512. :hurah:

It looks like the DIRECTV2PC application is not ready for the Intel 2nd Generation Platforms which offers built in technology for "PROTECTED CONTENT". Can you say Intel ® Insider? :eek2:

Intel Insider is a feature that enables consumers to enjoy premium Hollywood feature films streamed to their PC in high quality 1080P high definition. Currently this service does not exist because the movie studios are concerned about protecting their content, and making sure that it cannot be stolen or used illegally. So Intel created Intel insider, an extra layer of content protection. Think of it as an armoured truck carrying the movie from the Internet to your display, it keeps the data safe from pirates, but still lets you enjoy your legally acquired movie in the best possible quality. This technology is built into the new Intel chips and will become even more important once wireless display technology like Intel’s WiDi become more popular, as it would prevent pirates from stealing movies remotely just by snooping the airwaves. WiDi enables you to wirelessly beam video to your big screen TV easily and in HD.

I'm glad that I kept my Toshiba notebook and will just have to live without :nono2: DIRECTV2PC :nono2: on my laptop until they get it right.

#91 OFFLINE   opelap

opelap

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Nevermind, my issue went away

Edited by opelap, 11 August 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#92 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

I just loaded Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on this HP desktop (nvidia GE7100 video) that was running Vista 64 (and D2PC worked fine)

I first got the 'cannot display Protected content message' - Win 7 stock driver.

I went to nvidia and downloaded their current driver. D2pc works but it now maxes the CPU unless I kill some other apps. Probably the difference in 32 vs. 64 bit OS, but this machine was crap with 64 - even though D2PC worked fine.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#93 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

This is the exact reason i am not upgrading. Its a real PITA to play the key game. Last time I had to make another gmail account just to get a key.

I save just about all emails unless it is total junk. I just do a windows search on "directv2pc Activation Key" and my original activation email from over a year ago pops up. Finding emails from years ago has come in handy so many times. PCs have so much space it is not any issue and if you use gmail they give you so much free space saving emails is not a problem. Just make sure you have lots of folder set up to move stuff out of your inbox. Start saving all emails now.

My main problem with directv2pc is the parental lock 'feature'. I never set parental locks on my receivers so there is nothing to turn off. I have found the unlock code 0000 works but still adds time to getting into any program that has no rating like baseball games or has a > PG rating.

Maybe there is some work around for this but have not seen the answer yet.

#94 OFFLINE   JimMariner

JimMariner

Just Another Ol'Salt

• DBSTalk Club
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

I almost traded in my brand new Toshiba P775 series for a Samsung RC512 notebook which also has an Intel Core i7 processor. I was looking at the Samsung becuase it had the NVIDIA® GeForce GT 525M, however the screen was smaller (only 15.3") with lower resolution (1366x768). Boy am I glad that I did not because I found another satellite forum where someone was having the same GREEN SCREEN problem with their Samsung RC512. :hurah:

It looks like the DIRECTV2PC application is not ready for the Intel 2nd Generation Platforms which offers built in technology for "PROTECTED CONTENT". Can you say Intel ® Insider? :eek2:

Intel Insider is a feature that enables consumers to enjoy premium Hollywood feature films streamed to their PC in high quality 1080P high definition. Currently this service does not exist because the movie studios are concerned about protecting their content, and making sure that it cannot be stolen or used illegally. So Intel created Intel insider, an extra layer of content protection. Think of it as an armoured truck carrying the movie from the Internet to your display, it keeps the data safe from pirates, but still lets you enjoy your legally acquired movie in the best possible quality. This technology is built into the new Intel chips and will become even more important once wireless display technology like Intel’s WiDi become more popular, as it would prevent pirates from stealing movies remotely just by snooping the airwaves. WiDi enables you to wirelessly beam video to your big screen TV easily and in HD.

I'm glad that I kept my Toshiba notebook and will just have to live without :nono2: DIRECTV2PC :nono2: on my laptop until they get it right.

I guess I am in the same boat as above :(

Brand new Dell XPS 15, Full HD Screen, Same as above, SD plays as it should, HD is a Green Screen.

If I connect this laptop to my TV Via HDMI, the HD content can be seen there. Just not on my laptop Screen.

i7 core, 8 gigs ram, Blu Ray, ect ect, this thing is loaded. DirecTV2PC just doens't want to play HD Content on it. And yes, I downloaded the latest Drivers from Nvidia too. All up to date.
Where Ever You Go, There you Are !  B)

#95 OFFLINE   Denman

Denman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

Trying to sort out lockup issue, dual ATI Radeon 3870 cards (Crossfire), Intel Quad Core Proc, locks up solid during playback with two different OS's Win 7 32 and 64, fiddled with different drivers have not tracked down issue yet.

#96 OFFLINE   edenkers

edenkers

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

I guess I am in the same boat as above :(

Brand new Dell XPS 15, Full HD Screen, Same as above, SD plays as it should, HD is a Green Screen.

If I connect this laptop to my TV Via HDMI, the HD content can be seen there. Just not on my laptop Screen.

i7 core, 8 gigs ram, Blu Ray, ect ect, this thing is loaded. DirecTV2PC just doens't want to play HD Content on it. And yes, I downloaded the latest Drivers from Nvidia too. All up to date.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one spending a chunk of change to get a pretty decent laptop (Core i7, 6GB Ram, 750GB hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics, Blu-ray, etc) only to find out that the DirecTV2PC software won't play my recorded content. I should have continued to use my 2 year old Acer with a Core 2 Duo which worked just fine with this software.

My wife has an HP laptop with Intel Core i3 processor and older Intel Graphics chipset and it plays all the Directv content fine. I just don't ef'en understand why a newer, more powerful laptop won't play the HD content.

What's the deal here DirecTV???? According to the searches that I have done and information I've found on Intel's web site, their 2nd generation chips are fully HDCP compliant. So why then does the DirecTV2PC software and the Advisor not detect that? I wish that all the playes would sit down at the same table and get their heads together and work out an agreement.

Just finished updating the graphics drivers to the latest version available. Re-installed the DirecTV2PC application and tried it again. Still displaying green screen with audio on any HD channel that is on satellite. All local off the air broadcasts that are HD play great. All SD Content plays great.

I just don't get this. It is pretty F'd up. I guess I'm going to go backwards and start recording programs in SD so that I can watch them when I want on my fancy new laptop.

Edited by edenkers, 26 August 2011 - 09:17 PM.
Additional Information Provided

#97 OFFLINE   cantil

cantil

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

i just love to try new stuff out

#98 OFFLINE   Angelus7310

Angelus7310

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

So, forgive me if I have missed it, but I have searched the forum for info on how to activate 30 second SKIP as opposed to 30 second SLIP on Directv2PC and come up blank. Is this an option somewhere that I have missed? Thanks in advance.

#99 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

So, forgive me if I have missed it, but I have searched the forum for info on how to activate 30 second SKIP as opposed to 30 second SLIP on Directv2PC and come up blank. Is this an option somewhere that I have missed? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, CTRL-K is the only option, which is a 30 sec skip.

#100 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Click on the progress bar to jump as far as you need to.

spam firewall