Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

My main problem with directv2pc is the parental lock 'feature'. I never set parental locks on my receivers so there is nothing to turn off. I have found the unlock code 0000 works but still adds time to getting into any program that has no rating like baseball games or has a > PG rating.

Maybe there is some work around for this but have not seen the answer yet.

If you go to the menu screen and unlock the Parental setting once, it fixes the issue permanently.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   zachahuy

zachahuy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

I also have a similar problem. The app starts fine, but crash when starting to play a recorded video. I hear probably 2 seconds of sound no video...then a Window 7 popup stating the app is no longer working. Anybody have a solution?

#103 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Wow, so easy thanks for replying!

#104 OFFLINE   HCN3

HCN3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Well I have updated my DirecTV2PC software 3 times. I have SAVED the keys. Each time I use the same key it tells me that the software has reached its activation limit and will not let me reuse the key. I have YET to ever be able to reuse a key so I stopped saving them.

#105 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

Anyone know if there is a slow motion key? I can hit and hold ctrl-p and it stutters between pause and play simulating slow motion but the sound comes in and out and it is a more jittery than natural slow motion.

#106 OFFLINE   t_h

t_h

Icon

• Registered
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Well I have updated my DirecTV2PC software 3 times. I have SAVED the keys. Each time I use the same key it tells me that the software has reached its activation limit and will not let me reuse the key. I have YET to ever be able to reuse a key so I stopped saving them.

Could be worse. I've created 8 additional email addresses just for the purpose of getting directv2pc keys. Why they limit to two when anyone can simply create a fake email addy and get more is a mystery. They also wont take the gmail "address+word@gmail.com" that routes email to your regular gmail, so a simple way to go around the limit doesnt work.

I guess I am in the same boat as above :(

Brand new Dell XPS 15, Full HD Screen, Same as above, SD plays as it should, HD is a Green Screen.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one spending a chunk of change to get a pretty decent laptop (Core i7, 6GB Ram, 750GB hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics, Blu-ray, etc) only to find out that the DirecTV2PC software won't play my recorded content.

I'm having the same issue. Apparently the content protection in Directv2pc doesnt recognize the new(er) intel integrated graphics products. I just built an i3 with the hd3000 graphics, and everything works great with it. Except d2pc gives me a green screen.

I guess they've successfully protected the content from us. Even though you can get 99% of any content you want from 1000 other places, probably with greater ease and convenience.

#107 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

I have never had key problems :shrug:
I've upgraded over 2 dozen times and used the same keys.
During this time, I have had hardware failures which has caused four keys to no longer work.
I've upgrade versions of Windows, and used the same key later on the same machine.

I do understand some don't have this luck, but have no idea why. :confused:
A.K.A VOS

#108 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Same key has never worked for me twice.

#109 OFFLINE   rynorama

rynorama

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Suddenly tonight I can not watch Monday Night Football. I've not changed anything for a while. I always watch sports or the news after the wife goes to bed. Tonight, I get a content protection error telling me to update my monitor drivers. So I went upstairs and clicked record on the R22. Every time I try to watch it crashes. So downstairs connects and works fine, but stops after a little bit with a error, and upstairs doesn't work at all. Bummmmmmmer
HR34-700 on a 73" Mitsubishi 1080P
HR22-100 on a 23" Acer Monitor (3 input w/Dual monitor and Home server on KVM )
R22-100 on a 42" Vizio 1080P
R22 on a 32" Sylvania 1080i
R22 on a 32" Sanyo 1080i
H24 on a 26" Westinghouse 1080i
Plus 3 D12's on other TVs

#110 OFFLINE   gphvid

gphvid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationThousand Oaks, Ca

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

I have downloaded the program and try to install it and it tells me it detects a previous version which is the one I was using to this point. It then asks if I want to uninstall it before installing 7507. I say yes. It then sits for a few seconds and then an error box pops up saying "Error. The product definition file lost." And the install aborts here. Previous version is still active and not uninstalled. New version not installed.

What do I need to do to get the new version installed?

When I say no to the uninstall question, the install aborts too. Nothing gets updated.

#111 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

Anyone know if there is a slow motion key? I can hit and hold ctrl-p and it stutters between pause and play simulating slow motion but the sound comes in and out and it is a more jittery than natural slow motion.

There is supposed to be a directv2pc pdf that details short cut keys, I did a bit of looking and the PDFs I found did not have anything about a short cut key.

Anyone find one?

#112 OFFLINE   gphvid

gphvid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationThousand Oaks, Ca

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

OK I tried to uninstall using the info in the help section of the previous version and then the install program started for the new version just fine. I entered my key and everything seemed fine until an error box appeared with "Error 1334" and about a certain file with a VERY long name that was not found in cab1.

Annoying. Really, there must be an easier way to go about this...:icon_lame

#113 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

You may have to download Revo Uninstall Pro and do a forced uninstall to get rid of the old version of D2PC.

#114 OFFLINE   CARLSBAD

CARLSBAD

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

My Directv2pc works fine with one of my DVR's but with the other it says "No recorded programs at this time"..

I've done the restart, and I can access the playlist for a time.. then it goes away..and I get the "No recorded programs at this time" again.

The one that works is an HR21-200 the one i have issues with is an HR24-200 they both are connected to their own a 2TB Esata Ext HD's

The HR24-200's E-sata has only 1% free space whereas the other is nearly 90% free.. could this be an issue?

Any ideas would be appreciated..

Also the "DirecTV Cinema" tab has recordings showing in it but nothing in "My Playlist"

Edited by CARLSBAD, 10 October 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#115 OFFLINE   jonny4

jonny4

Mentor

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

I had this working on 2 pc's 3 weeks ago with a netgear wndrmac as the router. Starting 2 weeks ago I had to reload windows and the program on the 2 pc's and afterwards I could no longer see my Directv receivers. I have allowed the program in Norton Internet Security, I have made sure sharing was enabled on both pc's and all settings in the router are correct even open a port on the router that directv suggested. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#116 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

I just got a new laptop, 1st non-Mac unit in a very long time. I thought I'll just get this little app and away I'll go.

A bit disappointing. Slow and twitchy and doesn't do the HD playback very well at all. IMO, the app seems to be much more involved than I would have thought it would need to be. The install takes way too long which indicates someone is getting carried away with their coding.

Overall, it is fine for SD on my laptop, not very good at all for HD. Good enough, but of limited value.

BTW, the laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742-6682. 15" screen, i3-370M @2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD with Intel HD Graphics. running on a wireless "N" network.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#117 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

I just got a new laptop, 1st non-Mac unit in a very long time. I thought I'll just get this little app and away I'll go.

A bit disappointing. Slow and twitchy and doesn't do the HD playback very well at all. IMO, the app seems to be much more involved than I would have thought it would need to be. The install takes way too long which indicates someone is getting carried away with their coding.

Overall, it is fine for SD on my laptop, not very good at all for HD. Good enough, but of limited value.

BTW, the laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742-6682. 15" screen, i3-370M @2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD with Intel HD Graphics. running on a wireless "N" network.

Being both hardwired and using a nVidia graphics chip, I don't find I have any problems with HD. ;)
A.K.A VOS

#118 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Being both hardwired and using a nVidia graphics chip, I don't find I have any problems with HD. ;)

Pooh on you!! :)

I'm a Mac person and this laptop was bought on the cheap 'cause I don't have much of a need for a laptop at all these days. So I got what I paid for.

That said, this laptop does just fine with HD streams from other sources. I call poor programming on this particular piece of software.

Lloyd

#119 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

Pooh on you!! :)

I'm a Mac person and this laptop was bought on the cheap 'cause I don't have much of a need for a laptop at all these days. So I got what I paid for.

That said, this laptop does just fine with HD streams from other sources. I call poor programming on this particular piece of software.

Call it what you may, but I've been running this on some fairly "underpowered" PCs from the earliest days. There always has been some extra decoding as the file on the DVR is encrypted and then add to this the MPEG-4 [which is offloaded to the GPU now]. Once the GPU handled the MPEG-4, I was able to use an old Pentium 4HT "slowed down" to under 2 GHz.
The Intel graphics chips have always been troublesome with this app.
A.K.A VOS

#120 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

The Intel graphics onboard is a big deal in the laptop world, especially at the lower to low-mid level laptops. And Intel has made them better and better over the years. There is no excuse for a program that is not a game to not work well with it. Poor programming.

But all that said, I didn't buy the laptop for this app, nor had I even actually considered getting it, but I thought what the heck, I got a machine that should run most apps just fine and is certainly much more powerful than anything from just a few short years ago. I wouldn't buy a computer or sell one based on this app. It just isn't an important app, imo.

Lloyd

Protected By... spam firewall...And...