Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   stevenme

stevenme

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

anyone have any ideas about solving the HDCP error message for a system that 100% supports HDCP and used to work fine for DTV2PC?

ATI Radeon HD 6970 (fairly high end video card)
Dell 3007 Monitor (completely HDCP compliant DVI monitor)

Drivers are updated to the latest version, content plays back for about a second before it cuts out and gives me the error message. Have tried every version of DTV2PC available and tried rolling back to much older video drivers (though that can't be a solution).

This has been broken for months (after working perfectly well for months on this setup) and it is driving me to distraction.

I'm in the exact same boat. My 1 year old laptop with a Radeon HD 5650 works perfect with DirecTV2PC. My new laptop with a Radeon HD 6630 works great right up to the point you try to play video, then the error saying the graphics card does not support screen capture protection. Funny thing is I can play Blu-rays just fine, so I have to believe the laptop is HDCP compliant.

Is there any hope of Cyberlink addressing this issue with newer graphic cards? How would we contact them to make them aware of the issue?
Steve
HR24-500 + AM-21 -> Samsung 52" LCD
HR24-100 -> Samsung 55" LED
H25-100 -> Samsung 40" LED
MRV DECA-BB
SWMLine

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   pattertr

pattertr

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

My install and setup worked fine.

I Installed Directv2pc about a week ago and was using it with no problem. The second day I tried it the program opened fine, had up to date content on it and when I clicked "play" on a program, nothing happened.

I tried resetting the box, router and computer. Nothing fixed it. I then uninstalled the program from my computer and reinstalled it. It seemed to work fine.

After about 2 hours of use the program closed itself and when I tried to reopen it and replay the show, I clicked "play" and nothing happened.

I have tried disabling firewalls, secondary monitors, and just about every solution out there, nothing seems to work.

It looks like the cursor shows the wait circle for a brief moment when I click "play" then disappears.

Any thoughts?

#163 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

My install and setup worked fine.

I Installed Directv2pc about a week ago and was using it with no problem. The second day I tried it the program opened fine, had up to date content on it and when I clicked "play" on a program, nothing happened.

I tried resetting the box, router and computer. Nothing fixed it. I then uninstalled the program from my computer and reinstalled it. It seemed to work fine.

After about 2 hours of use the program closed itself and when I tried to reopen it and replay the show, I clicked "play" and nothing happened.

I have tried disabling firewalls, secondary monitors, and just about every solution out there, nothing seems to work.

It looks like the cursor shows the wait circle for a brief moment when I click "play" then disappears.

Any thoughts?

My only hint is to open the task manager and make sure you don't already have the program running. I've clicked the icon and it closes right away. Then I find I have 4 or 5 running. I close them all, and they work fine.
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#164 OFFLINE   pattertr

pattertr

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

My only hint is to open the task manager and make sure you don't already have the program running. I've clicked the icon and it closes right away. Then I find I have 4 or 5 running. I close them all, and they work fine.

After reading this I checked to make sure this wasn't happening.

I am still having the problems, and I am sure it is only open once.

#165 OFFLINE   stevenme

stevenme

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm in the exact same boat. My 1 year old laptop with a Radeon HD 5650 works perfect with DirecTV2PC. My new laptop with a Radeon HD 6630 works great right up to the point you try to play video, then the error saying the graphics card does not support screen capture protection. Funny thing is I can play Blu-rays just fine, so I have to believe the laptop is HDCP compliant.

Is there any hope of Cyberlink addressing this issue with newer graphic cards? How would we contact them to make them aware of the issue?

And what makes this even more frustrating is that Cyberlink makes the DVD/Blu-ray software that detects my hardware as HDCP compliant. My gut tells me D2PC cannot properly detect HDCP in the latest hardware. For example, when I run the D2PC advisor it reports 4GB of memory when I actually have 8.
Steve
HR24-500 + AM-21 -> Samsung 52" LCD
HR24-100 -> Samsung 55" LED
H25-100 -> Samsung 40" LED
MRV DECA-BB
SWMLine

#166 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

OK, what's the trick to getting this program to find my receivers? Not one of my 11 connected receivers is showing up when I open this program. I try selecting "scan again," but still nothing.

#167 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

There's no trick, just make sure your H/HRs are on the same subnet. The first three numbers in the IP address should be the same. The last group must be unique.

Can you ping the HRs from your PC? Is so, it should find them unless you've got something going on with a switch or wiring.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#168 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hmmm. It's still not finding them.

#169 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Without knowing if PING worked or the IPs of your PC and H/HRs, all I can say is something is wrong with your network.

Also, does MRV work between the units? And can they see the internet?

#170 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Yup, MRV is working fine, and all my receivers can see the Internet just fine. They're all within the proper IP range, too.

#171 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

What kind of firewall and anitvirus are you running - you might disable the AV and see it that helps.

One other thing, when did it last work and what has changed on your PC or network?

#172 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

I'm using Norton's Suite. I've disabled that, but that didn't help either.

It's never worked because I hadn't tried it before. I just installed it last night. As far as anything changing on my PC or network--nothing is different.

#173 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

Never worked is a different problem!! I was trying to think of things that had broken or quit.

If you open a DOS box on your PC (Start menu and type in cmd) and type at the C:> prompt:

Ping 192.168.x.x (where 192.168.x.x is one of your H/HR boxes)

do you get four responses?

#174 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

FWIW: MRV and DirecTV2PC use different ports in the router and I've had one work and not the other [which I can't remember] and a rebooting of my router "fixed it".
A.K.A VOS

#175 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Never worked is a different problem!! I was trying to think of things that had broken or quit.

If you open a DOS box on your PC (Start menu and type in cmd) and type at the C:> prompt:

Ping 192.168.x.x (where 192.168.x.x is one of your H/HR boxes)

do you get four responses?

Disregard the earlier posts. I wasn't logged in as administrator. For some odd reason my PC was logging in as a guest.

Now I can see the receivers.

Edited by Lord Vader, 12 December 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#176 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Now that I can see the receivers, I'm unable to connect. I try to activate, but that fails. One of the responses I get is a reminder to have open port # 443. Where would I go in my router's menu to do this?

#177 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Well, in messing with the router's settings a bit more, I think I did something to enable port 443, but following that, when I went into the DirecTV2PC program, it connects me to only ONE of the receivers. I'm totally unable to connect to any of the others. What's more irritating is that I can't even go back to the DirecTV2PC menu. It always automatically opens the program with the one receiver's local playlist showing and doesn't let me navigate out of that screen at all.

#178 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Well, in messing with the router's settings a bit more, I think I did something to enable port 443, but following that, when I went into the DirecTV2PC program, it connects me to only ONE of the receivers. I'm totally unable to connect to any of the others. What's more irritating is that I can't even go back to the DirecTV2PC menu. It always automatically opens the program with the one receiver's local playlist showing and doesn't let me navigate out of that screen at all.

"Menu" then system setup, then pick receiver
A.K.A VOS

#179 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

That doesn't work. Clicking on "menu" or any other icon in the program does nothing. I have to exit, but when I go back into the program, it automatically opens the one receiver's playlist and won't let me navigate out of it.

#180 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

That doesn't work. Clicking on "menu" or any other icon in the program does nothing. I have to exit, but when I go back into the program, it automatically opens the one receiver's playlist and won't let me navigate out of it.

You've got more issues then, because that's the only way to change which DVR you get to watch recordings from.
BTW I don't think this is a DirecTV2PC issue either.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall