Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Comcast suing DirecTV over Sunday Ticket advertising.

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

I didn't start the thread.. maybe you should watch and listen to the ads.. oh wait , for some of you, UNLESS they say.. HEY LISTEN TO THIS LIE IN THIS AD,, that Directv must always be telling the truth..

this is a never ending process with Directv..

THEY have a SUPERIOR PRODUCT,,, they shouldn't have to lie about it to get more customers..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,480 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

and the voice over doesn't say NEW CUSTOMERS.. that's the lie..

Technically you don't have to be a new customer to get it for free. So it's not really a lie. As an example, they are offering it in the Movers Connection.

#43 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Give Directv Comcast Philly and the commercials stop.

#44 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

There we go! +1 :allthumbs

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#45 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,890 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

I didn't start the thread.. maybe you should watch and listen to the ads.. oh wait , for some of you, UNLESS they say.. HEY LISTEN TO THIS LIE IN THIS AD,, that Directv must always be telling the truth..

this is a never ending process with Directv..

THEY have a SUPERIOR PRODUCT,,, they shouldn't have to lie about it to get more customers..

......as is your never ending process of complaining about DirecTV. :rolleyes:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#46 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

It's so much easier to file a lawsuit than it is to be competitive in programming.

All that's going on here with Comcast is sour grapes.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#47 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

:lol:

#48 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

That is the point about Comcast CSN Phila. not being available to us in the Phila. area. Have you noticed in the add I saw it is a Eagle player shown while Deion Sanders as a fairy telling you about not being shut out from your team.I think the ad is fine and hits the rival services (Comcast) right in the gut.

#49 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Agreed.

Grow a set, Comcast. Instead they hired a lawyer to show his.

This kind of lawsuit is so frivolous. :down:
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#50 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Agreed.

Grow a set, Comcast. Instead they hired a lawyer to show his.

This kind of lawsuit is so frivolous. :down:

Agree 1000%
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#51 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

Wait a minute... Comcra... er, Comcast is sticking UP for the consumer?

:lol: :sure: :D ;) :grin: :rolleyes: !rolling :rolling: :icon_stup :rotfl: :slowgrin: :icon_lame:shrug: :new_Eyecr !Devil_lol :uglyhamme:icon_lol::bang

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#52 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

Never mind. You refuse to communicate in a clear manner.

Not familiar with bjlc, eh?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#53 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,902 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

You all know the song I'm about to sing... please discuss the topic, not the thread starter. Let's all play nice.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#54 OFFLINE   NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

I live in a small town with one cable carrier but i have yet to see a cable co compete with either sat provider. The only reason I would go with cable is if I was in an area that I could not get a sat signal or it rained so much it was not worth it. Other then that I am not a fan of 1/3 of the channels for the same price Im paying now. Not to mention way over the top DVR fee's and crappy recording space as well as small HD channel count. Just not for me. That being said we done have U-Verse available here or Verizon. Maybe my opinion would be different if we had better options but I doubt it.

Competition is good. The mom-and-pop cable co. my parents had when I was a kid sucked big-time compared to other smaller mom-and-pops in the state and even bigboy Dimension Cable (before it became Cox). It was a godsend when D* came on the scene. Until I got D* in 1997 I was envious of everyone else in the state who had Cox Cable. Now with satellite I wasn't dealing with all the problems from a cable company still working with equipment from the 1970's and what I got for channels was worth the price. As long as the checks came in the mail the owner had no incentive to update/upgrade the system. The mom-and-pop still exists but competition from satellite and Cox being allowed into the area has forced them to try and compete with the bigger Cox. At least I know if I ever leave D* again I can go with Cox.

#55 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

You all know the song I'm about to sing... please discuss the topic, not the thread starter. Let's all play nice.

Did I miss something? :confused:
When news breaks...we fix it.

#56 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,262 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

Did I miss something? :confused:

Nah. Pretty sure he meant to say 'participants', not the esteemed T.S....:)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#57 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

I find it funny that people jump down the throat of D* when they think something doesn't sound right to them. Do you have ANY idea how much clearer the verbage is this year versus last year? How many people I had to tell you didn't get 5 months of free service when you get the NFL ticket and the Premier together? It says to go to Directv.com or call 1-800-Directv on our radio ad here in NE Ohio, and please let me know when the customer service line changed from 800-531-5000? That number brings you to new customer sales and you can all see what the website says. When someone signs up for Directv there is verbage they are read..want to hear it?

The 2011 NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go will be automatically added to your order at no additional cost. The regular full season retail price of NFL Sunday Ticket is $334.95 and the regular retail price of NFL sunday Ticket To-Go is $49.95.
These services will automatically renew at a special renewal rate, provided Directv still carries the service, unless you call to cancel PRIOR to the start of the next season. These services can not be cancelled, transfered, refunded or credited(in part or in whole) after the season starts.
Blackout restrictions and other conditions may apply to the NFL Sunday ticket games and the actual number of games varies by market due to blackout restrictions.
NFL games broadcast by your local or regional stations may not be available on the NFL sunday ticket channels.
For NFL To Go:
You must subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket to receive NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go.
Only one game may be accessed from any device at any given time.
Please check with your service provider for additional data charges as they may apply.
For a list of system requirements and compatible mobile devices, please go to directv.com/nfl..

Same thing that is on the screens/in the paper ads, albeit shorter so the customer gets the point.
Point out the misleading part please.
Even though I am an employee, my thoughts/comments/ideas are mine and not affiliated whatsoever with Directv as a company/employer/etc.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#58 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Federal Judge Quickly Denies Comcast Request for TRO against DIRECTV.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- A federal judge in Illinois today denied Comcast's request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against DIRECTV in an attempt to handicap the company from advertising its best offer of the year, one where new customers receive the popular NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ package at no extra charge for the 2011 season.

"We're pleased the judge recognized Comcast's veiled attempt to limit our ability to compete in the marketplace and denied the TRO," said Jon Gieselman, senior vice president of Marketing and Direct Sales for DIRECTV. "We're happy to go head-to-head with Comcast any day on whose service is superior, so we look forward to competing in the marketplace rather than the courtroom."

DirecTV Press Release HERE

#59 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Not even the least bit surprising. This case had no merit.

#60 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- A federal judge in Illinois today denied Comcast's request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against DIRECTV in an attempt to handicap the company from advertising its best offer of the year, one where new customers receive the popular NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ package at no extra charge for the 2011 season.

"We're pleased the judge recognized Comcast's veiled attempt to limit our ability to compete in the marketplace and denied the TRO," said Jon Gieselman, senior vice president of Marketing and Direct Sales for DIRECTV. "We're happy to go head-to-head with Comcast any day on whose service is superior, so we look forward to competing in the marketplace rather than the courtroom."

DirecTV Press Release HERE

A judge with common sense....imagine that.....:lol:
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

Protected By... spam firewall...And...