Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Sharp LED TV and HR22 - Lip sync issues, need some guidance.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

FYI, here's my situation.

HR24 connected to Samsung 46" LED TV via HDMI. Then the optical output from the TV to a Samsung Soundbar. Worked great until I decided to use my OTA for a few shows. This is when I noticed the AV synch problem only on OTA channels. The soundbar has an AV synch function, but I didn't want to have to change that each time I watched OTA. So back to the DNS stations for me.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

FYI, here's my situation.

HR24 connected to Samsung 46" LED TV via HDMI. Then the optical output from the TV to a Samsung Soundbar. Worked great until I decided to use my OTA for a few shows. This is when I noticed the AV synch problem only on OTA channels. The soundbar has an AV synch function, but I didn't want to have to change that each time I watched OTA. So back to the DNS stations for me.

I have the same exact setup on my Samsung 55" LED, though I don't use any OTA. Do you have the same issues when using other services such as Netflix?

Side note to everything that has been said, I use Serviio to wirelessly communicate all of the media on my computer throughout my home. Though I have virtually no issue with lip synch while watching the HR24, I do notice the lip synch being perfect while watching streamed media across my network. It's only slightly closer than watching Directv but there is a difference.

#23 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I have the WD TV Plus HD Media server that is connected to the TV on a separate HDMI port.
There is no problem with the AV synch when using it for Netflix or with playing back attached storage files.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#24 OFFLINE   Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSW Ohio

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I had a 60" Sharp TV that I returned because I was unhappy with a number of things about it, intermittent lip sync problems being one of them. It seems to be a "Sharp thing" as the same video sources connected to both Sony and Panasonic TVs had no such problems.

#25 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

I have a new model 70" Sharp. I use the composite audio out on the tv to a Zvox sound bar, and have had no lip synch issues whatsoever.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

#26 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,719 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

I've experienced lip sync issues on C-SPAN 1 and C-SPAN 2. The Congressmen and Senators are talking out of both sides of their mouths. :sure:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#27 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

I've experienced lip sync issues on C-SPAN 1 and C-SPAN 2. The Congressmen and Senators are talking out of both sides of their mouths. :sure:

Are you sure it's just not 3d?
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#28 OFFLINE   zamzickles

zamzickles

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sharp 60" with Onkyo receiver same sync problems. 7 devices switched through the Onkyo. All with varying degrees of sync problems. The problem is there is no way to advance the audio, only delay it and that's the problem to begin with. That said, it probably isn't anything to do with Directv.
Old Dog, New Tricks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...