Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 722 - Sling Adapter works only in Home Network

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Error 36 means that it was able to connect to the receiver, but there was an error in the handshake process. My guess is there is a setting in the office firewall preventing a proper connection for sling

Does your receiver always show a "green" icon next to it on DRA/DO.com? Have you tried resetting the receiver at all?

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Error 36 means that it was able to connect to the receiver, but there was an error in the handshake process. My guess is there is a setting in the office firewall preventing a proper connection for sling

Does your receiver always show a "green" icon next to it on DRA/DO.com? Have you tried resetting the receiver at all?

Even its not working in home network now. The receiver turns yellow immediatly, its green to start with.

#23 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

Reset the receiver if you haven't (unplug for 15 seconds) also reset your router and modem. Once the receiver comes back up, do the:

1. Press Menu on the remote
2. Select System Setup (6), Installation (1) then Broadband Setup (9)
3. Select Network Setup (1), then Reset Connection

and make sure the IP address is showing. Double check the ethernet cable as well.

Social Media

#24 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

Reset the receiver if you haven't (unplug for 15 seconds) also reset your router and modem. Once the receiver comes back up, do the:

1. Press Menu on the remote
2. Select System Setup (6), Installation (1) then Broadband Setup (9)
3. Select Network Setup (1), then Reset Connection

and make sure the IP address is showing. Double check the ethernet cable as well.

Let me do it and update.

But one thing I noticed is that it works fairly well with DO and doesnt work with DRA.

There is no green/yellow light next to receiver on DO,its there only on DRA and it turns yellow immediatly in a few minutes after login.

I will reset receiver, modem and router and let you know.

Thank you so much for helping me.

#25 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

A "yellow" connection means the receiver had been connected at one point, but currently can not be found. I'm hoping resetting everything brings it back online. Good luck :D

Social Media

#26 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

A "yellow" connection means the receiver had been connected at one point, but currently can not be found. I'm hoping resetting everything brings it back online. Good luck :D

I reset the receiver, changed port on the router (did not reset modem and router), its working good so far on both laptop and iphone.

The light changes to green after a few seconds from yellow. reversal of what was happening earlier.

Sometimes i dont see the "My DVR" tab having all the recorded programs. Is it because some recording is happening at that time?

But the live tv is working.

Thanks Matt.

#27 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yes, the receiver updates normally once a day, so anything recorded that day typically doesn't show. Howeverm if you click the "refresh" button in the top right, the day's events should appear.

Social Media

#28 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Yes, the receiver updates normally once a day, so anything recorded that day typically doesn't show. Howeverm if you click the "refresh" button in the top right, the day's events should appear.

Only one thing doesnt work at home and office:

I dont see the "My DVR" tab showing any of the recorded programs from my DVR?
Rest works good like LIVE TV

#29 OFFLINE   wrousey

wrousey

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

I can view live tv from the sling adapter while at home using my home network. If I try using DO or DRA while out side of my network over 3g or over broadband it will not connect. My dish receiver is online and is connected to the internet and also the sling adapter says it is ready in the sys info. I have charter internet with 26mb down and 4 Up. I know this is plenty for the requirements. So I am wondering if it is a port issue or what. Sometimes I get the 36 error which nobody on dish chat can tell me what it means. They have me go through the basic steps of restarting everything and asking stupid questions. If anyone has any info or help on this let me know.

#30 OFFLINE   Transplanted Yankee

Transplanted Yankee

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

I can view live tv from the sling adapter while at home using my home network. If I try using DO or DRA while out side of my network over 3g or over broadband it will not connect. My dish receiver is online and is connected to the internet and also the sling adapter says it is ready in the sys info. I have charter internet with 26mb down and 4 Up. I know this is plenty for the requirements. So I am wondering if it is a port issue or what. Sometimes I get the 36 error which nobody on dish chat can tell me what it means. They have me go through the basic steps of restarting everything and asking stupid questions. If anyone has any info or help on this let me know.

Try this, as I have a similar issue with occasionally being prompted the receiver is offline when in fact it's online. When you are connected remotely using DRA or DO, and are at the main screen, in the upper right you'll see a dropdown showing the receiver you're connected to with the Sling Adapter. Click that dropdown and select another receiver, when the page refreshes, then go back to that dropdown and select the receiver with the Sling Adapter attached. It should then display the receiver as online.
My wife says that I have never met a tool I haven’t liked. People on the other hand......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...