Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transferring recordings between external eSATA drives

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cigar95

cigar95

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Over recent weeks, going back to the first week of June, I have been involved in a couple long threads trying to figure out how to transfer individual recordings between different external drives. Finally figured out the process, which I just posted in detail over on the other board:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=195743

As a preview, for those who will note that the process for copying an entire drive already has two long threads with great detail, my source drive had some corruption that prevented it from booting. Copying the entire drive simply reproduced the same corruption. However, copying individual recordings gave me a drive that worked, hence salvaging my recordings from the bowels of the bit bucket.

If this is useful to even one person, I'll be satisfied that I may have finally made a contribution to the board, instead of just getting answers from the smart guys.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall