Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

This program cannot be played because...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   parallax1

parallax1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

All of a sudden I get a message that "This program cannot be played because too many playlists are being used"....or something like that. I have 2 HR24's connected by Directv and was watching 1 program from the bedroom DVR in the living room. Nothing being watched in the bedroom at the time. All programs that were in the playlist from the bedroom had red circles with a white minus through them and wouldn't play. I reset both DVR's and just as I was about to call Directv they went away and could be watched again. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,491 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Are you sure nothing was being watched in the bedroom? Maybe a show had been watched earlier and was paused on the DVR?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   parallax1

parallax1

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Last time I had watched anything was about a week ago and the wife watches stuff from the bedroom in the living room every day. It basically stopped the program mid-stream and said too much was going on.

#4 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Some DECA testing should be in order then I think.
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#5 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,956 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

Some DECA testing should be in order then I think.

Running a system test from each of the HR24s should be enough to know the DECA status.
I've seen the same issue, but rarely, and the last time it cleared itself after a min or two.
"Worst case" would require receivers to be rebooted to clear, but I haven't had to do this in a very long time.
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   parallax1

parallax1

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Thanks! So far no more problems but this info will come in handy if it happens again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...