Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 and 211: Switching TV2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PundaSmith

PundaSmith

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hello,

I have the Vip722 Duo that currently controls the TV in my living room (TV1) and my bedroom (TV2).

The Vip211 is in the basement.

I want to switch the setup around so that the VIP-211 goes to the bedroom, and TV2 now goes to the basement.

The installer promised to come and switch the cables, but he is so bogged down with work that I am wondering if I can do it myself.

Any instructions re how to accomplish this? BTW --- both TVs are HD.

Also, I do not have any remote for TV2 -- the original was damaged in my apartment. but I have two remotes for TV1 around. Can I reset one of them to control TV2?

Cheers, Punda

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

Are you able to find where the cable coming from the satellite comes in to your home and splits to the basement & Living room? Are you able to post a picture of that? We need to find the feed for TV2 and the basement and then switch them.

If one of the TV1 remotes is a 21.0 then you can change the switch in the back battery compartment to UHF and readdress to the receiver as TV2 remote. If they are both a 20.0 then it is an IR only remote and cannot be changed.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   PundaSmith

PundaSmith

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Thanks very much for your assistance. Please find attached a picture showing the following connections:

1 = Cable from satellite dish
2 = Cable from Satellite dish/hub to basement jack that feeds Vip211
3 = Cable from satellite dish/hub that connects to the vip722 hub on the left
4 = Cable from Vip722 dish/hub that feeds bedroom jack
5 = Cable from that feeds the Vip722

What stumps me from the picture is that there are two cable outputs from the satellite dish: one to the 211 jack in the basement, and I was expecting the other (#3) to go to the 722 jack/splitter, but it didn't.

In the meantime, I think I should be able to swap cables 2 & 4: i.e, switch the bedroom and basement cables so that the satellite feed currently feeding the basement (#2) now feeds the bedroom.

Well, I await your explanation and thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Rgds, Punda

Attached Thumbnails

• Satellite_Pictures.jpg

Edited by PundaSmith, 13 August 2011 - 06:34 PM.
more details and explanation and picture attached

#4 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

Attempt the swap and then see if you connect the coax in the basement to the TV, bypassing the receiver there. Put the TV on the correct channel and see if you get the picture. If you do then move the receiver and see if you have your picture. It is a little hard to follow the cables but it looks correct.

Mary Catherine Brady

#5 OFFLINE   PundaSmith

PundaSmith

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Sure enough -- i switched it, and it worked. At first, it said "complete signal loss on both TVs, and then it came back on. Thanks very much for all your help. cheers, Punda

#6 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Sure enough -- i switched it, and it worked. At first, it said "complete signal loss on both TVs, and then it came back on. Thanks very much for all your help. cheers, Punda

Good for you! Glad everything was hooked the way you described!! Enjoy your HD in the bedroom now!

Mary Catherine Brady

#7 OFFLINE   PundaSmith

PundaSmith

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

thanks for all your help. Rgds, PS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...