Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR23-700 vs HR22-100

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kjkosse

kjkosse

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Well, my HR23-700 became virtually unusable and after talking to Tech Support they sent me a replacement: HR22-100.

Being a cynical IT person, I'm suspicious that smaller numbers indicate either an older design or lesser features. The activation tech support person kept trying to assure me they are virtually identical.

So, what are the differences between the two? I know that there is nothing that I can do (they sent me an HR22-100 so I'll live with it) but I would like to know what the differences between the two are.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,027 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

The only difference AFAIK is that the HR23's have wideband tuners in them so you don't need to use BBC's if you're not using a SWiM setup. Other then that there is no difference between the two boxes.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Yep, even the hard drive is the same size. It is just the BBCs, which might not be needed anyway. The number after the - is just the manufacturer, this isn't one of the cases of there being a difference other than a different maker.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...