Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MasterChef

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

Did anyone watch the finale? I was quite pleased as to who won. It was also nice to see that everyone came back to cheer on the finalist.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,018 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

It was very good, I actually though it would go the other way but was happy either way. I am glad to see they are planning another season.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

It was very good, I actually though it would go the other way but was happy either way. I am glad to see they are planning another season.

I truly thought either one deserved to win Scott. I'm just glad the third one had no bearing whatsoever. Joe was spot on in his assessment of the talent level vs the attitude.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#4 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

I was very surprised how big the show is around the world. Seemed like just a summer filler last year so I was surprised with all the product placement ads for their own gear until they showed how big it is internationally.
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#5 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

Either one certainly deserved to win, but I was pleased that Jennifer won having had to endure all the criticism from Christian. He may be a wizard with fish, but he was so condescending to the other contestants!

Suzi was a disappointment with her lemon meringue pie. I've made better looking pies with perfect meringue--but with a family recipe. :D I cringe when they have the blurbs asking if you could be a contestant. I just shake my head and say, "No way!" I'm a cook and will never be a chef. :D

I had no idea it was so popular around the world either. Anyone look up where the first competition was held? Just wondering...

#6 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

I just looked it up--it started on BBC in 1990.

#7 OFFLINE   Surveyor40

Surveyor40

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Haven't watch the finale yet, but its great to hear who won. We celebrated when Christian failed to go on, as arrogance only takes you so far in life. Then it bites heavily in the end. Heather surely became a better chef due to the competition between her and Christian. This season was a blast to watch as much as the last.
My Setup
14 year D* customer, LONG LIVE D*'s HDPC

#8 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,460 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

We pretty much stopped watching Hell's Kitchen at some point this season and watched this. More enjoyable.

#9 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

I thought Adrien would win until they started presenting their final dishes, then I suspected the pendulum had swung towards Jennifer. I was fine with either one as once Christian was eliminated.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#10 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Great Finale. I didn't watch every episode, but it was a good show.

Those were some pretty impressive dishes. Those Short ribs looked really good.
HR34-700, HR24-500, HR22-100, HR20-100, R22-100, R16

My Setup

Diagram of my Directv setup by Milkman

#11 OFFLINE   bean1980

bean1980

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Although I also think Christian was arrogant, I also think the producers of these kinds of shows edit the film to make him look that much worse. Everyone hated Max until he was eliminated then the attention went to Christian.

#12 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Although I also think Christian was arrogant, I also think the producers of these kinds of shows edit the film to make him look that much worse. Everyone hated Max until he was eliminated then the attention went to Christian.

Because Max was an 18 yr old spoiled little rich kid. He flaunted it every chance he got. Christian was also front at center at the time as well. Jennifer gave an after show interview segment and she said that even off camera Christian was just as arrogant as on.

#13 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,460 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

I liked Ben Starr. He made a huge error and was the one that should have gone home when he blew his advantage, but I did like him.

#14 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

I liked Ben Starr. He made a huge error and was the one that should have gone home when he blew his advantage, but I did like him.

He was my favorite too. Just listening to him talk, you knew he loved creating food. To me that is what the makings of a great chef needs. Of course just because he lost does not mean he will not become a great chef. Only time will tell.

#15 OFFLINE   bean1980

bean1980

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Because Max was an 18 yr old spoiled little rich kid. He flaunted it every chance he got. Christian was also front at center at the time as well. Jennifer gave an after show interview segment and she said that even off camera Christian was just as arrogant as on.

Interesting. I am really glad he lost now.

spam firewall