Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV To Offer NFL Sunday Ticket Package On PlayStation 3 but not Roku

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

My guess is only live streams and highlights. Don't know about mix channels. I haven't seen them in the past.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Its not a big deal but this just shows the general sloppiness of things:

The ST insignia on the left is from that article & they are still using the old NFL logo, starfield, football, curved letters.

The ST insignia on the right is the new one that should be used with the new NFL logo with the 8 stars (1 for each division), new football, block lettering.

Again not a big deal but just sloppy work.

OLD Posted Image...............NEW Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,540 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

Its not a big deal but this just shows the general sloppiness of things:

The ST insignia on the left is from that article & they are still using the old NFL logo, starfield, football, curved letters.

The ST insignia on the right is the new one that should be used with the new NFL logo with the 8 stars (1 for each division), new football, block lettering.

Again not a big deal but just sloppy work.

OLD ...............NEW

You must be bored to care what graphic multichannel uses in an article.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#44 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Got the heads up.

NFL ST is not on the Roku lineup as reported in an article listed in this thread. Sorry for the misinformation we passed on.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#45 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

I'm not sure I understand the pricing model. It appears they are charging their own subscribers $45 more than non-subscribers. That seems backwards.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#46 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

I'm not sure I understand the pricing model. It appears they are charging their own subscribers $45 more than non-subscribers. That seems backwards.

It does require the addon pack for subscribers, but if you don't need the PS3/mobile support, you'll get better quality. Watching over the PS3 is a good option for setting up another TV without needing a receiver, but won't be the best experience.

And it isn't hard to get the addon package free anyway.

#47 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Got the heads up.

NFL ST is not on the Roku lineup as reported in an article listed in this thread. Sorry for the misinformation we passed on.

Cheers,
Tom

Does this mean it's not officially on ROKU right now or that it won't be on ROKU this year? BTW I have ROKUs at my second home (the one without D*) and I would much rather watch on them then on a laptop with an HDMI out or a Tablet with a micro HDMI to the TV ...

#48 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Does this mean it's not officially on ROKU right now or that it won't be on ROKU this year? BTW I have ROKUs at my second home (the one without D*) and I would much rather watch on them then on a laptop with an HDMI out or a Tablet with a micro HDMI to the TV ...

This means that Roku will not be streaming the NFL ST this upcoming season as things stand right now.

Who knows, there might be negotiations going on (I have no information) and someday Roku might negotiate to carry NFL ST. As of now, contrary to the article, they won't.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#49 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

You must be bored to care what graphic multichannel uses in an article.

See the article got not only the insignias wrong but the roku info wrong too.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

#50 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

This is Freaking Awesome. My father gets Sunday Ticket every year so last year i had him sign up for To Go and I streamed games from my laptop to my TV. This will be great this year to have it directly on the TV with my PS3

MLB program on the PS3 quality is pretty damn good. Def. HD or close to it at times. I have never used the NHL one.

Even if the quality is eh, it is better then having nothing

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#51 OFFLINE   TulaneDoc

TulaneDoc

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Tom, (or anyone here that could help)

Would it be possible to use the PS3 as a receiver and use the To-Go streaming feature on a laptop at the same time? Would signing in to the laptop service trigger an automatic disconnection of the person watching on PS3?

I ask because:

I have ST in my home. My brother in law will use PS3 with my directv log-in to watch in New Orleans, and my friend will use Sunday Ticket to-go with my directv log-in to watch on his laptop in new york.

Will this all be possible simultaneously?

It stands to reason that if the PS3 acts like an additional "receiver" as the article implies, that this would be an independent stream vs. the Sunday Ticket To-Go stream for the same subscriber...

#52 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Would it be possible to use the PS3 as a receiver and use the To-Go streaming feature on a laptop at the same time? Would signing in to the laptop service trigger an automatic disconnection of the person watching on PS3?

I ask because:

I have ST in my home. My brother in law will use PS3 with my directv log-in to watch in New Orleans, and my friend will use Sunday Ticket to-go with my directv log-in to watch on his laptop in new york.

It stands to reason that if the PS3 acts like an additional "receiver" as the article implies, that this would be an independent stream vs. the Sunday Ticket To-Go stream for the same subscriber...

This is very definitely a big violation of the DIRECTV terms of service. You should start out by knowing that.

The other part is I don't know. I suspect the login will only allow one to go.

Cheers,
Tom

Edited by Tom Robertson, 29 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

Go Packers!

#53 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

I ask because:

I would assume it would work the way it does now. One To Go device logged in at one time and the PS3 will count the same way as a mobile device and a web client

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#54 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

In the past you could only login one at a time. If I was logged in on my computer at work and tried to log in on my iPod touch it would kick me out on my computer.

Tom, any chance you can clarify on whether or not you have to prove you can't get Sunday Ticket in order to get the PS3 app? I've seen it posted a few places now that you won't have to, but I figured you would have to just like last year's To-Go offer for non-DirecTV subscribers.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#55 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

In the past you could only login one at a time. If I was logged in on my computer at work and tried to log in on my iPod touch it would kick me out on my computer.

Tom, any chance you can clarify on whether or not you have to prove you can't get Sunday Ticket in order to get the PS3 app? I've seen it posted a few places now that you won't have to, but I figured you would have to just like last year's To-Go offer for non-DirecTV subscribers.

My current understanding is that, unlike previous years, you will not have to prove you can't get DIRECTV to get the PS3 app. Please remember that sometimes details can change between when I hear things (and am allowed to tell) and the actual launch.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#56 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

See the article got not only the insignias wrong but the roku info wrong too.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

It's clear that things changed at the last minute with Roku. Chill out.

#57 OFFLINE   cantil

cantil

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

just another thing to mess with my ps3 and i hate football

#58 OFFLINE   MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

i just want the Ps3 app.. anyone know how to get it?
Sometimes it just is what it is :nono2:

#59 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

i just want the Ps3 app.. anyone know how to get it?

If it's not in the PSN store right now, I'm sure it will be this week.

#60 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

It's in the PSN store now. If the video quality is as bad as the sample videos (ST Ads) then this is NOT worth the price they are asking for from folks. Wasn't it supposed to be HD quality? I guess we will find out for sure on Sunday...
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...