Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL (packer) games from FTA?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   animus_divinus

animus_divinus

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

hey everyone.. i live on the other side of the country from my team.. and i was just wondering if its possible to see all the games each year through FTA programming? are there FTA channels or FTA local channels that would show wisconsin sports?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

No you will not be able to see all the games this year through FTA. You would need to look into getting the sunday ticket either through DIRECTV or through a PS3.

Edited by Shades228, 19 August 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

You can sometimes find the backhaul on Ku band, in the clear.
You'd need to look around for one of the forums where people post their "game day" findings of satellite, transponder, and parameters.
Once you find a pattern, you can usually find them with a FTA Blind-Search receiver.
(Note that these feeds are for personal use only. Don't start a sports bar.)

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

hey everyone.. i live on the other side of the country from my team.. and i was just wondering if its possible to see all the games each year through FTA programming? are there FTA channels or FTA local channels that would show wisconsin sports?

Besides the nationally broadcast games, the Pack can be found on C band Galaxy 16 Puerto Rico mux if they are playing a NE team, or are being carried as a national game different from your local national game. Being on Fox, they dont use clear backhauls. If they are playing an AFC team, the game can be seen on C band on the CBS national feeds, but those being DVB-S2 high bitrate, require a 10' dish in most cases.

As far as watching all the games, you are pretty much out of luck. Very occasionally, Fox will unencrypt their feeds but it is rare.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall