Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Me TV

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zudy

zudy

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

This is a new station here in Orlando and I was just woundering if DTV will be getting it on there local's

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

This is a new station here in Orlando and I was just woundering if DTV will be getting it on there local's

No. It's a subchannel and DirecTV doesn't carry subchannels.
Go Big Red!!!

#3 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

That has been requiring an act of congress to get done lately. The Phoenix DMA is missing several OTA channels, let alone sub-channels. In fact, I lost several OTA channels That I had since 2006. KAZT added Me TV and moved RTV to 7.3. We've been complaining about 7.2 not coming in for about a year now. 7.3 has not been added yet.

#4 ONLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

MeTV is awesome! I watch it using my rooftop antenna.

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

ME-TV is a service from Weigel Broadcasting Company in Chicago. It used to be a regional service only in Milwaukee, WI and Chicago. It recently went nationwide to compete with Antenna TV, THIS-TV and other startups designed to be carried on subchannels.

But ME-TV is also carried by full power OTA stations as their MAIN channel in some markets. Here in Milwaukee, it is carried on Channel 49 WBME-TV as 49.1. It is ALSO carried by DirecTV on the 101 as Milwaukee LIL 49.

In Chicago, ME-TV also is carried by a full-power station as it's primary signal. It is also carried by DirecTV on the 101 as a LIL.

The addition of ME-TV in Milwaukee to DirecTV was made possible when ION decided to let DirecTV carry their nationwide feed in any market. ION has a local full-power station in Milwaukee which was carried by DirecTV on the 101 as a LIL. When this change was made, DirecTV "translated" the LIL channel number to the nationwide ION East feed which opened up the bandwidth to carry ME-TV.

Note to newbies: LIL means "local in local" which is a local over the air TV station carried by DirecTV on one of it's satellites.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,142 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

In Chicago, ME-TV also is carried by a full-power station as it's primary signal. It is also carried by DirecTV on the 101 as a LIL.

I believe that in Chicago, WWME (ME-TV flagship) is actually classified as a Class A low power station and not a full power station.
The signal which DirecTV carries comes from WCIU (a full power station) but who carries ME-TV on 26.3.

There are a couple of Full power stations carrying ME-TV, they include:

KFTY - Santa Rosa, CA (50) - This station though has been sold (awaiting FCC approval) and will be changing to Azteca America.

KCSG - St. Georgia, Utah (14) - Effective (/5/2011

KVOS - Bellingham, WA (12)

WZMQ - Marquette, MI (19)

There are a couple of other full powers including one WTVW in Evansville, IN who carry use ME-TV to help fill blank spots in their schedule (WTVW uses around 20 hours of programming for late night TV)

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

MeTV is awesome! I watch it using my rooftop antenna.

+1
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#8 OFFLINE   levibluewa

levibluewa

Icon

• Registered
  • 603 posts
  • LocationWA, OR, CA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

is carried on DISH, Seattle DMA, on 35.

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,472 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

is carried on DISH, Seattle DMA, on 35.

Oops. Wrong thread.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#10 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:39 AM

The addition of ME-TV in Milwaukee to DirecTV was made possible when ION decided to let DirecTV carry their nationwide feed in any market. ION has a local full-power station in Milwaukee which was carried by DirecTV on the 101 as a LIL. When this change was made, DirecTV "translated" the LIL channel number to the nationwide ION East feed which opened up the bandwidth to carry ME-TV. ...

Yeah ... ,

Though I'm not sure what particular station the freed up bandwidth was used for in this market, the same arrangement is used here in the L.A. DMA where the ION west feed on ch. 347 is remapped to the ION network's local outlet station full power KPAX 30 in Rancho Cucamonga, CA., carried as an SD LiL on 101.

And I guess this accounts for why the program schedule listed for KPAX's OTA feed on ch. 30-1 via my AM21 confusingly differs in many places from the DIRECTV satellite delivered one credited to the same station.

Anyhow, ME TV is available here off-air on sub-channel 56-3 from local KDOC 56.

I enjoy it a lot as well ... :)

#11 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

No. It's a subchannel and DirecTV doesn't carry subchannels.

Unless the sub-channels happen to carry network programming from the big four done in some small markets. Or by means of a strange (to me anyhow) rule where a PBS station can request one of its SD sub-channels be carried.

This is done for example in the L.A. market for PBS station KLCS 58 DT2 , carried on Ka-band/MPEG-4 at 103W.

#12 OFFLINE   killerko

killerko

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

5.2 in Cincinnati. Best looking sub channel I've ever seen. Catch myself surfing & stopping there a lot. Love the old Hawaii Five O episodes.

#13 OFFLINE   Terry K

Terry K

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

ME-TV is a service from Weigel Broadcasting Company in Chicago. It used to be a regional service only in Milwaukee, WI and Chicago. It recently went nationwide to compete with Antenna TV, THIS-TV and other startups designed to be carried on subchannels.

But ME-TV is also carried by full power OTA stations as their MAIN channel in some markets. Here in Milwaukee, it is carried on Channel 49 WBME-TV as 49.1. It is ALSO carried by DirecTV on the 101 as Milwaukee LIL 49.

The addition of ME-TV in Milwaukee to DirecTV was made possible when ION decided to let DirecTV carry their nationwide feed in any market. ION has a local full-power station in Milwaukee which was carried by DirecTV on the 101 as a LIL. When this change was made, DirecTV "translated" the LIL channel number to the nationwide ION East feed which opened up the bandwidth to carry ME-TV.

Note to newbies: LIL means "local in local" which is a local over the air TV station carried by DirecTV on one of it's satellites.

WBME (49.1) gets must carry no matter what as its a full power station. Its D*'s problem to find the bandwidth either way. Ion in some markets *is* the local version, in KC, for example, 50/KPXE is actually the 50.1 feed (I've seen the legal ID, it does indeed show KPXE)

#14 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

I believe that in Chicago, WWME (ME-TV flagship) is actually classified as a Class A low power station and not a full power station.
The signal which DirecTV carries comes from WCIU (a full power station) but who carries ME-TV on 26.3.

There are a couple of Full power stations carrying ME-TV, they include:

KFTY - Santa Rosa, CA (50) - This station though has been sold (awaiting FCC approval) and will be changing to Azteca America.

KCSG - St. Georgia, Utah (14) - Effective (/5/2011

KVOS - Bellingham, WA (12)

WZMQ - Marquette, MI (19)

There are a couple of other full powers including one WTVW in Evansville, IN who carry use ME-TV to help fill blank spots in their schedule (WTVW uses around 20 hours of programming for late night TV)

KFTY sols? For more Azteca America?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#15 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:13 AM

We get MeTV on subchannel 2.2 here in metro Atlanta. It really is a great channel with a wide variety of choices.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - present

#16 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like someone needs an AM21.

#17 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,557 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Sounds like someone needs an AM21.

TVFool says that WESH is about 55 miles away and somewhat on the fringe.

Anyone from Orlando happen to know if 2.2 is listed?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#18 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

If you really want it, and can put up a C-Band dish, it is ITC on AMC3. The picture quality is great on this feed, infect it and ThisTV can look as good (nearly) as someHD feeds. I wish that DirecTV's SD looked that good.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#19 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

We get MeTV on subchannel 2.2 here in metro Atlanta. It really is a great channel with a wide variety of choices.

I think the content maybe better than what some of the networks have with a few exceptions. Get a AM-21 and you are good to go.
T

#20 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

WBME (49.1) gets must carry no matter what as its a full power station. Its D*'s problem to find the bandwidth either way. Ion in some markets *is* the local version, in KC, for example, 50/KPXE is actually the 50.1 feed (I've seen the legal ID, it does indeed show KPXE)

There is no such thing as "must carry" regarding satellite TV providers-just cable TV (and I'm not so sure it even still exists for cable as evidenced by some major station owners having their stations removed from cable until agreements were signed.) In fact, it's quite the opposite. If the owner of the over-the-air station doesn't enter into an agreement, it can't be carried by DirecTV (or DISH for that matter).

Channel 49 was a full-power UHF station for years before Weigel bought it and changed it to "ME-TV"-and it was NEVER carried by DirecTV.

When I subscribed to DirecTV in 2000, only the ABC and NBC affiliates were carried. Finally, an agreement was reached to carry the CBS station (which coincidentally is also owned by WEIGEL BROADCASTING) and it was then carried by DirecTV.

Weigel was also the last major network station in Milwaukee to be carried in HD by DirecTV. Apparently, Weigel is a tough negotiator.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall