Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Me TV

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

In Chicago, ME-TV also is carried by a full-power station as it's primary signal.

Sorry, but ME-TV's primary station(s) WWME, either analog OR digital, are NOT full-power. WWME's digital ch.39 was Chicago first LP digital station in the market.

It simply got picked up by BOTH DirecTV & DISH because, as you already stated, Weigel is a tough negotiator - & even got BOTH DirecTV & DISH to carry WCIU-26 in HD as well. (mostly due to all the local sports it carries in HD, namely some Cubs & White Sox games)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

There is no such thing as "must carry" regarding satellite TV providers-just cable TV (and I'm not so sure it even still exists for cable as evidenced by some major station owners having their stations removed from cable until agreements were signed.) In fact, it's quite the opposite. If the owner of the over-the-air station doesn't enter into an agreement, it can't be carried by DirecTV (or DISH for that matter).

Actually, I thought it was still there, but most channels don't use it anymore. The way I understand it is that OTA channels have 2 options. They can use Must Carry and force the cable/satellite providers to carry the channel, but they can't charge the cable/sat companies for carriage if they use Must Carry. Or they can charge the cable/sat companies whatever price they want, but then it is up to the cable/sat companies to decide if they want to carry the channel or not (this option seems to be what 99% of the OTA channels are doing now).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#23 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Love me my MeTV
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#24 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

I also HAD enjoy MeTV. But San Francisco Bay Area no longer have the luxury on watching MeTV as of today. It is now an all spanish station.

#25 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Got Me TV on local NBC sub channel but not Directv. Antenna TV is alot better than Me TV.

#26 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

Got Me TV on local NBC sub channel but not Directv. Antenna TV is alot better than Me TV.

I totally disagree. IMO Me TV is much better than Antenna TV. :)

#27 OFFLINE   awblackmon

awblackmon

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

I also HAD enjoy MeTV. But San Francisco Bay Area no longer have the luxury on watching MeTV as of today. It is now an all spanish station.

Why learn English when you have all these spanish channels. I had one person ask why he couldn't watch German channels as easily? He is kind of right.

#28 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

It all depends on the type of programming someone likes. There are a number of shows on Antenna TV which I would enjoy (except for the fact Atlanta does not have an Antenna TV affiliate). However, the one thing which I do not like is the 6 hour movie block every weekday morning (especially when they repeat them at least once during the same week)

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#29 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

I used to watch a lot of RTV, but they changed their lineup and it isn't nearly as good as it was before. Once Me TV became available in our area I was hooked. However, I also like Antenna TV and This TV. I just like the lineup for Me TV best.

#30 OFFLINE   rb5505

rb5505

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

i record me tv via ota every day. excellent classic shows.

http://metvnetwork.com/programs.php

#31 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Why learn English when you have all these spanish channels. I had one person ask why he couldn't watch German channels as easily? He is kind of right.

If broadcasting in German was profitable, there would be station owners who would do it. There is a large hispanic population in California and it is quite profitable to convert OTA stations to Spanish.

#32 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

I think that's channel 21 in Reno. Never watched it though. Ticks me off that its in HD and CW isn't!

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#33 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

I agree! My local FOX station carried RETRO TV which I often watched over the air for some of my favorite old shows (like "Peter Gunn"). Then they switched to "Antenna TV". I looked at their schedule and determined not ONE show appealed to me!

Much to my amusement, ME-TV recently updated their schedule and added a bunch of DRAMAS (not just those worn out sitcoms) including Peter Gunn!!!

I watch ME-TV all the time on DirecTV and don't mind at all if the shows are in black & white and SD. Back then TV shows required viewers to THINK-not just sit there like a turnip watching stupid celebrity couples dance around. ;)

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#34 OFFLINE   levibluewa

levibluewa

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts
  • LocationWA, OR, CA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

RTN sure took a turn for the worse. Who the hell is charge of their programming...he/she gets an F. I'd probably give the edge to MEtv, but Antenna is running Alfred Hitchcock 10-11pm and that makes me happy. Shouldn't leave out THIStv...they run Abbott & Costello movies and Francis on Saturday mornings...love it!

#35 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

I wish DirecTV would pick up a national feeds for Retro, Antenna, MeTV, etc like they do for Ion and Telefutura. We don't have any of them here in Peoria. I think the Quad Cities have some as subchannels though.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#36 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

Some of the shows that METV and Antennatv is showing is some of the former programs that used to be carry on RTV (Retro Television) and those shows of Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12 and Dragnet and Mchale Navy that showing on Antennatv will moved to METV after ANTENNATV is Finish with them. as METV and AntennaTV has a NBC UNIVERSAL Library contract.and METV will add the 70s TV show of Emergency! in coming years.

metv press release http://metvnetwork.c...20thCBSNBCU.pdf

Directv Subscriber From May 2003 to December 9,2013

Charter Cable Subscriber Since December 9,2013
HomePage

#37 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

I can't possibly express how much I love Me TV. Me TV, Antenna TV, and This TV are like my local stations when I was growing up. Not only do I love the shows, but I also love the warm fuzzy the stations give me. It's like comfort food for the eyes.

I'll bet there are others in my age range (50ish) who feel the same way.

#38 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

We don't have any of them here in Peoria.

You do actually have Antenna TV on 59.2
You also now have Bounce TV on 31.2 w/old reruns

Now if you have a really good (outside) antenna, you could probably get METV on 55.2 out of Spfld

#39 ONLINE   Renard

Renard

Godfather

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

FYI
KVOS 12 (MeTV) in Bellingham is now available on Directv for the Seattle market. I couldn't believe it this morning because I am receiving the OTA signal.
So maybe Directv is going to start to add some sub channels.

http://www.thenewstr...-available.html

According to that article it might not be available to Seattle customers, which I think is stupid.

Edited by Renard, 25 July 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

FYI
KVOS 12 (MeTV) in Bellingham is now available on Directv for the Seattle market. I couldn't believe it this morning because I am receiving the OTA signal.
So maybe Directv is going to start to add some sub channels.

http://www.thenewstr...-available.html

According to that article it might not be available to Seattle customers, which I think is stupid.

Great news. I was very surprised to see MeTV finally available. It's more like what TVLAND used to be.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...