Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channels I Get Issues Thread

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Not sure if this was the case nationwide or only in the NYC area where the big 4 locals are a remap of the channels in the 390s, but CW East (which is the DC affiliate) was removed from the CIG list. Also more of the Private broadcasts in the 570s and 9500s are no longer listed.

The 600s and 700s will probably continue to be a mess until they decide to stop classifying the sports packages as PPV channels in the guide since the bulk of them are remaps of the RSNs. The RSN Alternates throw another mess in it since, outside of the dedicated channels, it's possible for any of them to be the one that carries an extra feed for your area or an alternate game if you're not in the main region of the feed.

Even though it's a few months later, to the person who listed the 480s-490s, those are the UEFA, La Liga and Rugby channels and are available to anyone in Choice or above, unfortunately the actual program details don't show up until a day or two before the games which give viewers the false impression that there's nothing they can get on them if they check them on days when there's no game. Whenever there is a game, the Rugby channel is usually active on weekends from 3am - 11am ET (unlike NBC and Universal Sports, DirecTV provides the games live). The UEFA channels are active in the afternoon whenever there's a game or tournament going on.

Edited by KyL416, 25 October 2012 - 01:55 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Not sure if this was the case nationwide or only in the NYC area where the big 4 locals are a remap of the channels in the 390s, but CW East (which is the DC affiliate) was removed from the CIG list. Also more of the Private broadcasts in the 570s and 9500s are no longer listed.

I had 394 listed with CIG selected (& not in NYC) so it was probably nationwide in there CIG database system. I updated my post above with the recent ones that have been fixed (and some additional ones that were NOT listed before).

Even though it's a few months later, to the person who listed the 480s-490s, those are the UEFA, La Liga and Rugby channels and are available to anyone in Choice or above, unfortunately the actual program details don't show up until a day or two before the games which give viewers the false impression that there's nothing they can get on them if they check them on days when there's no game. Whenever there is a game, the Rugby channel is usually active on weekends from 3am - 11am ET (unlike NBC and Universal Sports, DirecTV provides the games live). The UEFA channels are active in the afternoon whenever there's a game or tournament going on.

Oh okay thanks, was unaware they were included, I also noticed back on pg. 1 some others listed them as ones they shouldn't be receiving.

Also, I was wondering has CIG ever worked for hiding VOD channels you can't access based on your subscription?
I don't even know if the Browse by Channel list on VOD pages can even be configured as such but I have never seen any VOD hid from the guide..

#43 OFFLINE   Richjr42

Richjr42

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I Have Choice Ultimate/Locals/HD Extra Pack/All Movie Channels/Fox Sports West/Prime Ticket.

Proud Directv Subscriber Since 2002!(HD Since 2010)

#44 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

The 600s and 700s will probably continue to be a mess until they decide to stop classifying the sports packages as PPV channels in the guide since the bulk of them are remaps of the RSNs. The RSN Alternates throw another mess in it since, outside of the dedicated channels, it's possible for any of them to be the one that carries an extra feed for your area or an alternate game if you're not in the main region of the feed.

Well the alt feeds / some of the out market feeds are remaps of PPV channels and at times you see PPV movies in the guild on the alt channels.

also there is mess of blackout rules to deal as well in some areas you get all but one team on a RSN
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#45 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,339 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Just another example of DirecTV's ever growing list of half assed "features" :nono2: Not to mention one of the longest standing ones.

Half assed checklist -
CIG - check
VOD - check
Widgets/Apps/wtfever - check
Media share - check
Youtube - check
ESATA - check
USB - check
DLB - check

Most recently
Smart Search - check
Basic functionality - check, check, check

Well it is now officially a new year and CIG still doesn't work. So much for that high priority and all. :(

And the others on your list, USB & ESATA needs to change too. We know that USB can work as some reported it did work for awhile in some forums. And there is no reason the external hd can't be tied to the account, not the receiver, and be an add not a replace.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#46 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,946 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I deleted Fox Soccer Channel from my list now that I can receive it in my package.

#47 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 314 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

It seems like "CIG" doesn't even work on DIRECTV's website!  I currently subscribe to the "Choice Xtra Classic" package, and I am considering either going down to to "Xtra" or perhaps moving up to "Ultimate", so I am trying to compare channels on directv.com.  As I'm browsing through, I see pretty big discrepancies of what I actually get vs. what their website says are available in my package.  For instance, I live in Denver, and the first thing I see is that it says I currently don't get Altitude (1 of our RSNs) but that it is available in Xtra and Ultimate.  Last I checked, I do get Altitude.  BabyTV was another one just like that.  Disney Jr??  Haven't tuned to it in awhile, but I'm pretty sure I can view it.  A couple of big ones are FXM and FXX.  I know for a fact that I get those, yet the website says "No, you don't". 

Not a big deal, however is there a spreadsheet out there anywhere that lists the channels included in each package, much like the website does?  Or a way I can print out what's on the website so I can write in what I actually get and make a true comparison? 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#48 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

It seems like "CIG" doesn't even work on DIRECTV's website! I currently subscribe to the "Choice Xtra Classic" package, and I am considering either going down to to "Xtra" or perhaps moving up to "Ultimate", so I am trying to compare channels on directv.com. As I'm browsing through, I see pretty big discrepancies of what I actually get vs. what their website says are available in my package. For instance, I live in Denver, and the first thing I see is that it says I currently don't get Altitude (1 of our RSNs) but that it is available in Xtra and Ultimate. Last I checked, I do get Altitude. BabyTV was another one just like that. Disney Jr?? Haven't tuned to it in awhile, but I'm pretty sure I can view it. A couple of big ones are FXM and FXX. I know for a fact that I get those, yet the website says "No, you don't".

Not a big deal, however is there a spreadsheet out there anywhere that lists the channels included in each package, much like the website does? Or a way I can print out what's on the website so I can write in what I actually get and make a true comparison?

Double check your zip code in the channel finder, I'd even surf the site in an incognito browser so you know its not linking to your account. Is it possible you have an old package and therefore it may not show right? How long have you been n e package you have now?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#49 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Is it possible you have an old package and therefore it may not show right?

I think when he said "I currently subscribe to the 'Choice Extra Classic' package," he answered that question.

#50 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 314 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I do have an older package, however the thing that is strange is that Altitude shows as available for current Choice Xtra and Choice Ultimate, but not for my "grandfathered" package.  Also, FXX and FXM are totally viewable by me and always have been, but the site says my grandfathered package does not get them. 

I just find it funny that even their website doesn't actually show the "Channels I Get".  :grin:

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, but if there were a spreadsheet out there that someone here had built or a way to print out the channel lineups from the DTV website that would be ideal so I could do a "real" side by side comparison without having to tune to the channels that I think I get to make sure I actually do get them. 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#51 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I do not subscribe to any sports packages, but I can tell you all the sports related channels from 600 to 793 still show up as channels I get. Tuning to one like YES HD for example displays the call click or text order screen.

Choice Xtra
HBO
Showtime
HD Extra Pack

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#52 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

I do not subscribe to any sports packages, but I can tell you all the sports related channels from 600 to 793 still show up as channels I get. Tuning to one like YES HD for example displays the call click or text order screen.

Well that may have to do with the remapping, the fact that some times you can get an RSN channel but not all games on it, stuff like NFL ST that has PPV day passes and so on.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#53 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

I changed my fav list to channels I get today to see the Cinemax free preview. I noticed that encore action HD appears between Cinemax and Showtimes. Thinking maybe it was part of the free preview, I tuned to it and got the call click or txt to order screen.

It goes from
523 MAXLHD (free preview)
541 EACTHD (not subscribed)
545 SHOeHD (I subscribe to this)

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#54 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Oh also 341 ELREY shows up but it says to call click or text.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...