Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No dolby audio on A&E channels

remote

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

You still have a setting wrong.....it should be being decoded as DPLii on your Pioneer...so you will get some surround info, just not discrete like with DD5.1.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   cadennis2011

cadennis2011

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

I am glad you found something out.

#23 OFFLINE   leftkidney

leftkidney

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:59 AM

about 6 years ago or whenever History and others were going over to HD History was all effed up with aspect ratios, they would stretch everything out or squish it together and it was just stupid as hell - I called my provider and created an account on the history channel forums on there site

it took more then 3 years before this problem was solved, I was even told by many people its settings on my TV - I am an effing ISF engineer! I know what I am talking about! - well after 3 years of posting on the history channel forums and like thousands of other people saying the same thing, I also asked for someone at the history channel to respond on the forums so we know that someone is actually listening, nothing for 3 effing years!

I cant find the page with the forums on it anymore over at history's site but I remember checking every day for more then 3 years and never ever did anyone post saying they are from history channel and are listening - not once!, I am sure that the forums was put up for no reason other then to say that they have one

its like the directv forums, they dont listen to anything in there - my account was banned because someone was complaining about channel 101 not being in HD when using component so I provided a link to an article about how to bypass HDCP because that was the reason its not working, and my account was banned! for posting a link! - this was a customer that paid for service but they were blocking HD programming because of no HDCP (which might be illegal, I thought that they have to provide HD through component) on his hdtv like millions of people and they considered it wrong to bypass this?

this is why I just download everything for free off the internet, all the commercials are already removed for me and its in HD and when the channel broadcasts it its in 5.1 also - so I dont see the point to pay for service if they wont even listen to there customers - call me a pirate I dont care, but I tried doing it the normal way for 5 years and all I get is crap from providers

I swear I would go back if they had an option to skip commercials in my recordings - if for no other reason then to save space on the dvr

wow cable, when they first came out advertised that the commercials would show up as red spaces on the playback and you could skip over them - I still have one of the advertisements from then but that stopped 3 months after I got service so I canceled

#24 OFFLINE   rqallen

rqallen

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Leftkidney, I can sure empathize. Several of the "techs" I spoke with at DirecTV listened and even confirmed what I was telling them, but it ended there. They took trouble tickets and even escalated then for me to no avail. On more that one occasion I was promised a call-back with status from a supervisor. Never happened.

As for the A&E folks (owners of the History Channel HD and others) it wasn't much better. I opened trouble tickets at their website to no avail. When I called their main number, the "phone-jail" recordings were long and arduous and generally led nowhere. Getting to an operator wasn't any better. It wasn't until I did some internet digging and found the names and direct numbers of some execs that I was able to make progress. I reached a very helpful assistant who forwarded my concern and I received a direct reply. It was short and sweet and not exactly friendly (instead of asking me to contact him if I had any further concerns he stated that he hoped the info he provided FULLY answered my questions (emphasis mine)). Anyway, I did get a reply and hopefully A&E will stick to their schedule and upgrade their audio to 5.1 before the end of 2011. We'll see.

#25 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,786 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

IMHO, stealing is stealing, regardless of how you try to rationalize it. :nono:

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remote

Protected By... spam firewall...And...