Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV & DISH Network HD Channel Lineup Comparison

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

File updated to remove n3D (DirecTV part time channel) and add Univision Deportes (DISH AT200).

Edited by James Long, 01 March 2013 - 09:56 PM.
Corrected to add correct package

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Univision Deportes added by DirecTV (Choice Xtra and Latino Mas).

#23 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Couple of other things I noticed with the DirecTV RSNs:

Mountain West Sports Network is defunct now. Channel 616-1 is no longer in the guide and (temporarily) channel 616 (SD) has information about NY Satellite Tax.

Fox Sports Houston should be renamed Fox Sports New Orleans (same channel number and still PT HD)

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thank you for the updates ... they will be reflected the next time I upload the file.

(Sixto does not have that change, but it can be confirmed on the DirecTV website.)

#25 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Fox Sports San Diego HD Full-time RSN, OWN HD and Bloomberg TV HD will be added to Directv on April 1st No Joke:)

Edited by acostapimps, 31 March 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#26 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

DISH added Fox Sports San Diego on Thursday (channel 408, part time HD). I'll update the file on Monday (since a launch isn't a launch until the channels are launched).

#27 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Fox Sports San Diego HD Full-time RSN, OWN HD and Bloomberg TV HD will be added to Directv on April 1st No Joke:)

OWN HD and FS San Diego yes. No news on Bloomberg being updated as of yet.
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" - John C. Maxwell

DIRECTV Employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV.

My Equipment:
2x HR-24-100
1x HR-22-100
2x H25-100

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

DISH added Fox Sports San Diego on Thursday (channel 408, part time HD). I'll update the file on Monday (since a launch isn't a launch until the channels are launched).

File updated to add 694-1 FS San Diego and OWN on DirecTV.
I'll update again when Bloomberg is available on DirecTV.

#29 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

A few minor things for the next update:
  • Tennis Channel should depict Xtra availability
  • OWN should depict Choice availability
  • 617/617-1 FCS Sports Alternate is not listed in Guide.
  • Fox Sports San Diego is counted correctly as full time and has green color code but the text within still says 'Part-Time'. Also, the HD feed is now correctly displayed in the Guide as channel 694 with the -1 removed.
  • Your note can be removed about n3D as its no longer available at all.
  • MLB baseball has begun but I do not see YES Bonus Cam, and channel 632 is not listed in the Guide at all. I am not in the NY DMA and do not watch Yankees baseball so I can't confirm this doesn't show up at times, but currently there is no placeholder in the Guide for it.
  • MLB Network Strike Zone should depict Sports Pack or MLB Extra Innings package availability, the DirecTV website is incorrect and depicts Choice and above, however when you click on the channel on the package comparison it states "Available with MLB Extra Innings or Sports Pack."
    There was a thread about this here.
    Also noted at the bottom of this page on MLB site

Edited by coolman302003, 02 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

A few minor things for the next update:

• Tennis Channel should depict Xtra availability
  • OWN should depict Choice availability
  • 617/617-1 FCS Sports Alternate is not listed in Guide.
  • Fox Sports San Diego is counted correctly as full time and has green color code but the text within still says 'Part-Time'. Also, the HD feed is now correctly displayed in the Guide as channel 694 with the -1 removed.
  • Your note can be removed about n3D as its no longer available at all.
  • MLB baseball has begun but I do not see YES Bonus Cam, and channel 632 is not listed in the Guide at all. I am not in the NY DMA and do not watch Yankees baseball so I can't confirm this doesn't show up at times, but currently there is no placeholder in the Guide for it.
  • MLB Network Strike Zone should depict Sports Pack or MLB Extra Innings package availability, the DirecTV website is incorrect and depicts Choice and above, however when you click on the channel on the package comparison it states "Available with MLB Extra Innings or Sports Pack."
    There was a thread about this here.
    Also noted at the bottom of this page on MLB site

Changes made.

#31 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

OWN HD and FS San Diego yes. No news on Bloomberg being updated as of yet.

That's what happens when I open my mouth before the HD channels went live, Now I know why Directv don't announce it:)

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#32 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

DirecTV added Bloomberg HD (353) today.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#33 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

File updated.

#34 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

DISH adds Sundance (channel 358 - AT200 package).

File updated.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#35 OFFLINE   HuskerHarley

HuskerHarley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Attached is a HD channel comparison between the two satellite providers, DirecTV and DISH Network. Presented in PDF form, channels available on either DirecTV or DISH are listed along with the usual package needed to see that channel and channel number.

Note - for the most part only channels that are carried in HD on DirecTV or DISH are included. Channels that are not carried in HD by either satellite carrier are generally not included.

The file attached to this initial post will be updated as the channel lineups change. A post will be made in the thread at the time of the change to let people know what changed.

As with previous threads, this is NOT a thread to attack either provider or other members. This is NOT a thread for comparing DirecTV and DISH Network in other ways than their HD lineup. A reminder - There are threads in each of the provider forums here at DBSTalk for channels one might desire or anticipate their carrier adding.

The intent of this thread is to provide a simple reference for people wondering what HD each satellite carrier carries. Enjoy!

Thank-U...Saved to my desk top.

#36 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

File updated for CineMax name changes (WMAX becomes MovieMax, @Max becomes MAX Latino).

DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#37 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Minor adjustments for channel renumbers and a couple of package changes.

#38 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,926 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Needs an update to add the channels added today to DIRECTV

275 QVC HD

426 BeIN HD

404 Galavision HD

560 Playboy HD

Also showing in my guide in HD is 408 Univision MAS West, which I can see with the Premier package and 426 BeIN HD which is not in my package. I do have a 5LNB so Sixto didn't see BeIN HD light up this AM.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#39 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Updated. If the package Univision MAS is in can be determined let me know and I'll put it in Saturday when I change the names for Fox Sports 1/2.

#40 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,926 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Updated. If the package Univision MAS is in can be determined let me know and I'll put it in Saturday when I change the names for Fox Sports 1/2.

I don't know about Univision MAS, can't find it on their web site under the english packages, except I can receive it and I have Premier and not the Spanish package.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

spam firewall