Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV & DISH Network HD Channel Lineup Comparison

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

Renames posted for Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.

(I've also added the HD internationals DISH added over the past few months.)
  • HuskerHarley likes this
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Needs an update to add the channels added today to DIRECTV

275 QVC HD

426 BeIN HD

404 Galavision HD

560 Playboy HD

Also showing in my guide in HD is 408 Univision MAS West, which I can see with the Premier package and 426 BeIN HD which is not in my package. I do have a 5LNB so Sixto didn't see BeIN HD light up this AM.

UniMas West HD was already in HD a long time ago, you just noticed because it was added in the Premier package.

Edited by acostapimps, 17 August 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#43 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,122 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Updated. If the package Univision MAS is in can be determined let me know and I'll put it in Saturday when I change the names for Fox Sports 1/2.

A member with Choice Xtra package stated they are able to receive the channel in this thread.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

ESPN Deportes added by DirecTV.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#45 OFFLINE   mokosmith

mokosmith

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationutah

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

James,

Thanks so much for creating this list. It's really helpful to see how it compares. Is there a way to get it in spreadsheet form? And do you know of a forum that does channel comparisons for comcast/time warner?

Thanks again for any help.

#46 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

AVSForum has a chart that has channels on cable and channels no one carries. It was the inspiration for this chart ... with this chart listing (for the most part) only channels that either DISH or DirecTV carries. Keeping it to two providers keeps it simple. (It is enough of a challenge to keep up with two providers let alone a half dozen, some with regional differences in channel offerings.)

#47 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

G4 has ceased on DISH (and is apparently going away nationally).
ESPN 3D also ceased nationally and is no longer carried by DirecTV.

DISH added Sony Entertainment TV to their growing list of international HD (7 channels plus an international movie PPV).

File in first post updated!

#48 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

DirecTV adds WeatherNation on channel 361.

Encore names updated to reflect recent name changed.
File updated!

#49 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

DirecTV adds WeatherNation on channel 361.

WeatherNation, is that the channel that Dish briefly added when it was having that short dispute with the Weather Channel?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#50 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

WeatherNation, is that the channel that Dish briefly added when it was having that short dispute with the Weather Channel?

Yes. It was called "The Weather Cast" at the time ... but it is the same production company.

#51 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yes. It was called "The Weather Cast" at the time ... but it is the same production company.

Well good for DirecTv customers then. They're getting a channel that actually will show them what the weather is nationwide. With the "Weather Channel" you're just as likely to get a show of some sort. One of the reasons I stopped relying on tv for weather and just go to the internet. 

• damondlt likes this

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#52 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

DISH adds ESPNews, EXPN U, ABC Family and Disney in HD.

File updated.

#53 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Style became Esquire and moved on Dish.

Sundance is listed with Showtime but it isn't part of Showtime package on Dish anymore.  Seems to apply to Direct, too.

#54 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Style became Esquire and moved on Dish.

Sundance is listed with Showtime but it isn't part of Showtime package on Dish anymore.  Seems to apply to Direct, too.

Thanks ... I had moved Style alphabetically to become Esquire but apparently the name change didn't stick (sometimes I click "undo" and it undoes something I didn't expect).

Sundance is still on the Showtime channel listing on DirecTV's website:
http://www.directv.c...inment/showtime

#55 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,122 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

DirecTV offers Sundance in Ultimate base package and higher, and also (albeit unadvertised) they authorize it for you with any premium channel subscription (HBO, MAX, Starz/Encore, Showtime/TMC). It's only advertised however as being included in Ultimate and higher or Showtime Unlimited package. 

spam firewall