Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Will Dish Network match Directv 200.00 cancellation reward?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   adkins595

adkins595

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

I switched from Direct TV to Uverse about 3 months ago and just got an email from Direct TV offering 200.00 reward toward cancellation fee for current provider. But would much rather go back to dish. Will Dish match this offer, so I can go back to them?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

I switched from Direct TV to Uverse ....

So, where does Dish come into play?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#3 OFFLINE   adkins595

adkins595

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I had Dish several years ago before switching to Direct but would much rather go back to Dish.

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

The OP states he switched from DirecTV to Uverse. He says DirecTV e-mailed him offering $200.00 towards the cancellation fee with his current provider if he goes back to DirecTV. He would rather switch to DISH and wants to know if DISH will offer to cover his cancellation fee with Uverse like DirecTV did.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

It would be important to see the full terms of the come-back offer to see if it really represents a win.

If DIRECTV pays the ETF but cuts you out of other promotions, it may end up being a less attractive offer.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   adkins595

adkins595

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

EARLY CANCELLATION FEE (ECF) OFFER: For customers in a commitment with another television provider, who add advanced DIRECTV equipment and who follow the instructions on the ECF offer form provided at directv.com/rebate. Form must be completed and mailed with customer's original final bill which includes applicable ECF charge(s). Postmarked no greater than 90 days from the date of last activation with DIRECTV. Final ECF fee will be reimbursed in the form of a DIRECTV Visa® Prepaid Card, up to $200, mailed to active DIRECTV account. DIRECTV Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This card does not have cash access and can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Card valid through expiration date shown on front of card. High-Speed Internet and Voice ECF charges are not eligible.

BILL CREDIT/PROGRAMMING OFFER: IF BY THE END OF PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD(S) CUSTOMER DOES NOT CONTACT DIRECTV TO CHANGE SERVICE, THEN ALL SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AT THE THEN-PREVAILING RATES. Free SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $38.97. Free HBO, Starz, SHOWTIME and Cinemax for 3 months, a value of $135. LIMIT ONE PROGRAMMING OFFER PER ACCOUNT. Featured package names and prices: CHOICE $60.99/mo.; CHOICE XTRA $65.99/mo.; CHOICE ULTIMATE $70.99/mo. Prices include a $26 bill credit for 12 months after rebate, plus an additional $5 with online rebate and consent to e-mail alerts. Upon DIRECTV System activation, customer will receive rebate redemption instructions (included in customer's first DIRECTV bill, a separate mailing or, in the state of New York, from retailer) and must comply with the terms of the instructions. In order to receive $31 monthly credits, customer must submit rebate online (valid e-mail address required) and consent to e-mail alerts prior to rebate redemption. Rebate begins up to 8 weeks after receipt of rebate submission online or by phone. Duration of promotional price varies based on redemption date. Account must be in "good standing," as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion, to remain eligible for all offers. In certain markets, programming/pricing may vary.

2-YEAR LEASE AGREEMENT: EARLY CANCELLATION WILL RESULT IN A FEE OF $20/MONTH FOR EACH REMAINING MONTH. Must maintain 24 consecutive months of your DIRECTV programming package. DVR service ($7/mo.) required for DVR and HD DVR lease. HD Access fee ($10/mo.) required for HD Receiver and HD DVR. No lease fee for only 1 receiver. Lease fee for first 2 receivers ($6/mo.); additional receiver leases ($6/mo.) each. NON-ACTIVATION CHARGE OF $150 PER RECEIVER MAY APPLY. ALL EQUIPMENT IS LEASED AND MUST BE RETURNED TO DIRECTV UPON CANCELLATION, OR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT FEES APPLY. VISIT directv.com/legal FOR DETAILS. Advanced-receiver instant rebate requires activation of the CHOICE XTRA package or above; MÁS ULTRA or above (for DVR Receiver, ÓPTIMO MÁS package or above); Jadeworld; or any qualifying international service bundle, which shall include the PREFERRED CHOICE programming package (valued at $39.99/mo.). Additional advanced-receiver upgrades available for a charge.

INSTALLATION: Standard professional installation only. Custom installation extra.

WHOLE-HOME DVR SERVICE: Limit one remote viewing per HD DVR at a time. DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR service requires a DIRECTV Plus HD DVR, a Whole-Home-enabled HD Receiver for each additional TV, HD Access ($10/mo.), DVR service ($7/mo) and Whole-Home DVR service ($3/mo). For more information, visit directv.com/wholehome.

To access DIRECTV HD programming, an HD Access fee ($10/mo.) and HD equipment are required. Number of HD channels varies by programming package selection. Visit directv.com/hd for details.

Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Pricing residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming subject to DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at directv.com/legal and in order confirmation.

HBO and Cinemax are service marks of Home Box Office, Inc. SHOWTIME and related marks are registered trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. Starz and related channels and service marks are the property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.

©2011 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo, CHOICE and CHOICE XTRA are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

#7 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I agree. He is getting the offer to go back to Direct TV. The offer comes three months since leaving Direct TV. Dish does not usually play the roulette game of subscribers changing services often. If they didn't when he left doubtful they will now beyond any possible new subscriber incentives if he qualifies. I am aware they will offer a recently lost customer incentives if they had a good paying record, but I don't think they pay the ETF. (Of course I don't know every case, but I have not really seen posts about Dish offering to pay it)

#8 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

adkins595,

We don't offer a buy out like you mentioned but here is our sales number where you can see what your options would be to come back to us. 1-800-333-3474. Thanks.

#9 OFFLINE   adkins595

adkins595

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Ray!
I can't wait to get back with Dish, but I guess I'll have to wait until my Uverse contract expires in 8 months before I can switch back to Dish.

#10 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Free SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $38.97. Free HBO, Starz, SHOWTIME and Cinemax for 3 months, a value of $135. LIMIT ONE PROGRAMMING OFFER PER ACCOUNT.

This doesn't seem to speak to the new customer promotion that includes WHDS, NFL Sunday Ticket and some substantial monthly programming discounts (totaling up to $372).

Of course the scariest part of any DIRECTV rebate is that they often seem to make it so complex to redeem that a good number of customers end up being denied.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#11 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Bare in mind D* requires that you show them a final bill that specifically states "Early termination/cancellation fee" , which is something alot of providers dont do, the final bill just has the charges in most cases. Its a neat loop hole they know that in most cases you wont be able to fulfill.

#12 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

I can't wait to get back with Dish, but I guess I'll have to wait until my Uverse contract expires in 8 months before I can switch back to Dish.

There is a couple of online retailers that are offering a $125 Gift Card, not quite as good as the DirecTV ECF $200 card but its better then nothing.

DISHSTORE.NET - http://www.satellite...redemption.html Must order over the phone at the specific number and subscribe to Americas Top 120 package or higher with a DVR , sign a 24 Month commitment and sign up for auto-pay on the day the initial order was placed.

SlickDeals.net - http://www.dishnetwo...aspx?KBID=SLICK May order over the phone or online with this offer and must sign a 24 month commitment. Remember if you order over the phone you must mention offer code 03SLICK.

Personally, between the two I recommend dealing with DISHSTORE.NET but thats just me. :)

Edited by coolman302003, 26 August 2011 - 08:46 PM.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#13 OFFLINE   adkins595

adkins595

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Thanks coolman302003! Now I can go ahead and cancel without feeling guilty about paying the cancellation fee of 150.00.

spam firewall