Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Horse Racing TV (HRTV) on DirecTV - but the deal fell through?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

According to a quote in this story from Bloodhorse.com:

http://www.bloodhors...ws-board-action

"The board took the action after learning that plans to launch The Stronach Group's HRTV network as part of a new sports package on satellite provider DIRECTV had fallen through"

and

"Scott Daruty, representing The Stronach Group (who owns HRTV), said he had been close to a long-range deal. But another part of the agreement involving a college football package, he said, fell apart recently and the launch was delayed."

Can anyone elaborate on this or provide a link with more info? This is the first I've heard of it.

What are the details of the new sports package?
What college football network was involved (has to be Longhorn network - right?)
Is this deal dead?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

That would suck since HRTV is in my top-3 wishlist. This is a tease since I never figured it was a real possibility.

#3 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

According to a quote in this story from Bloodhorse.com:

http://www.bloodhors...ws-board-action

"The board took the action after learning that plans to launch The Stronach Group's HRTV network as part of a new sports package on satellite provider DIRECTV had fallen through"

and

"Scott Daruty, representing The Stronach Group (who owns HRTV), said he had been close to a long-range deal. But another part of the agreement involving a college football package, he said, fell apart recently and the launch was delayed."

Can anyone elaborate on this or provide a link with more info? This is the first I've heard of it.

What are the details of the new sports package?
What college football network was involved (has to be Longhorn network - right?)
Is this deal dead?

there was talk of a new sport package when VS was pulled off.

But the idea of a mini sports pack (no RSN's) sound like a good idea.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#4 OFFLINE   tftc22

tftc22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

There was a survey awhile back that listed a package called Sports Pack Plus. It was expected to be $5 more than Sports Pack and include all Sports Pack channels plus ESPN Game Plan, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Full Court, ESPN Buzzer Beater, a SportsMix Channel for tennis and golf tournaments, and possibly NFL Red Zone Channel. All that information is from this thread.

#5 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

There was a survey awhile back that listed a package called Sports Pack Plus. It was expected to be $5 more than Sports Pack and include all Sports Pack channels plus ESPN Game Plan, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Full Court, ESPN Buzzer Beater, a SportsMix Channel for tennis and golf tournaments, and possibly NFL Red Zone Channel. All that information is from this thread.

They should have like a $5 sports pack or some thing like choice ultimate but with the non RSN sports channels. Like how ultimate has movie channel and encore but not stars or showtime.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...