Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Soccer Plus HD

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   psunate77

psunate77

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

I know its coming across the pond, but why is FSC 619 HD always so messed up?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Fox Soccer HD on channel 619 is never messed when I've watched and I've watched a lot of it. Today's outage during the Manchester United match was the first time I'd ever seen that happen.

Fox Soccer Plus SD on channel 621 isn't worth the subscription fee to me so I never watch it. I can't comment on the quality of that but the 621-1 HD version was good when I've seen it during free trials.

#3 OFFLINE   bww

bww

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

Fox Soccer HD did have some breakup during the Manu match, I thought it might have been caused by the bad weather in the east but who knows, it got better in the second half.
I watched Fox Soccer Plus 621 during the free week preview and I can tell you it was the worse SD picture I have seen, it was almost unwatchable!! Recorded a couple of matches on 621-1 and it seemed about the same as 619. I would never pay for the quality of the channel 621, hopefully they will put it on HD soon.
Genie HR44-500, C41-700, HR24-500, GenieGo, SWM8, WholeHome + Internet, 1 AM21

#4 OFFLINE   sammib

sammib

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Fox Soccer Plus. Huge ripoff. Huge waste of money.

#5 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:56 AM

Fox Soccer Plus. Huge ripoff. Huge waste of money.

Is it redundant to suggest you don't subscribe to what you don't watch?

Each season I decide if NPower Championship matches in SD, a few more EPL matches in HD and SD, Ligue Un matches in HD are worth the monthly cost? The cost per match comes out pretty low.

And I resubscribe.

You can stick to reading the scores. If these are leagues you don't find interesting as part of the sport, I presume you won't even read the scores.

#6 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

The AFL (footy) announced a 3 year deal with Fox Soccer Plus! Two live games per week, a weekly highlight show, and the Grand Final live. I never thought I'd add FSP, but I just did so I can see footy.

I have a question for those familiar with the channel. Why is the schedule different on the SD and HD versions of the channel? Other channels show the same programming on both.

#7 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'd be a permanent sub to the channel if it was HD 24/7. Till then I won't be a sub at all.

Why did ESPN drop the AFL?
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#8 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm not sure if ESPN dropped the AFL or if it was the other way around. ESPN2 only showed a couple live games the entire season with the rest online. FSP will show 2 live games per week. No online games though.

#9 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'd be a permanent sub to the channel if it was HD 24/7. Till then I won't be a sub at all.

Why did ESPN drop the AFL?

ESPN wouldn't commit to showing matches every week besides on ESPN3, which competes against he AFL's streaming service.

#10 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Two things that really bug me about the Fox Soccer Plus subscription.
1) For $14.99 per month they should definitely carry the full-time HD channel.
2) Why doesn't Fox Soccer Channel come with it?

I signed up specifically to watch the AFL. If it weren't for the AFL on FSP there is no way I would subscribe. I may just cancel my subscription after the first 30 days and just go with LIVESPORT.TV.

#11 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Livesport is way better quality than Directv's SD quality.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#12 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Livesport is way better quality than Directv's SD quality.

Thanks! I'll definitely take that into consideration. I've never subscribed to them before so I was wondering about the PQ.

#13 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely take that into consideration. I've never subscribed to them before so I was wondering about the PQ.

As a former foxsoccer.tv sub I have agree.. Seems like it's almost always the case with these services.

#14 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Two things that really bug me about the Fox Soccer Plus subscription.
1) For $14.99 per month they should definitely carry the full-time HD channel.
2) Why doesn't Fox Soccer Channel come with it?

If they did item 2, I'd drop the sportpack and get both this way. Given game blackout policies, the main reason to get the sportspack is Fox Soccer and GolTV.

As for watching other leagues such as NPower, Ligue Un, etc., I mostly watch EPL on Saturday morning and MLS Saturday night. Its not a question of whether the other leagues are interesting, its about the amount of time required to follow these leagues. MLS is the domestic league, and its quality is improving. I prefer to support and follow it.

#15 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I sent an email via the D* website to complain about the lack of full-time HD channel. I received an email reply that included the following statement:

"We'd like to speak with you to see how we can help you and show you why DIRECTV is the best choice in home entertainment, so please call us at 800-531-5000 so we can assist you as speaking with us is the best way to address concerns like this."

I called the number and, while the lady was very polite, she had no idea what I was talking about. I tried explaining it to her, but she just could not seem to understand the problem. At one point she even asked me why I called in, what resolution I was looking for. I told her I only called in because their email asked me to. :rolleyes:

She did say she added Showtime for one month free to my account for calling in. Unfortunately, the channels are not showing as active yet so...

#16 OFFLINE   demonstimpy

demonstimpy

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yeah it is not worth the extra 15 dollars to most people I don't think.
I've stuck with as my team West Ham are on there occasionally which saves me finding a stream online.
I do think a soccer package including both Fox channels plus GolTV for like 30 a month would be much better. I would also then dump the Sports Pack.

#17 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yeah it is not worth the extra 15 dollars to most people I don't think.
I do think a soccer package including both Fox channels plus GolTV for like 30 a month would be much better. I would also then dump the Sports Pack.

No more than $20 a month - but otherwise, I totally agree. Most of the cost for SportsPak is due to the RSN's - so FSC can't be that much on its own.

I'm currently without FSC or FSP because I can't justify the $13 a month extra for Sportspak one or two EPL games a week I might watch. (Other than Universal Sports, the rest of Sportspak has nothing for me) And certainly not the $15 for FSP, given its lack of additional content over FSC (before adding AUssie Rules, anyway) and the PQ.

#18 OFFLINE   demonstimpy

demonstimpy

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yeah it's tough to reason the costs at times.
Getting ready to watch my Hammers against Boro in a distorted SD broadcast yet again.

#19 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yeah it's tough to reason the costs at times.
Getting ready to watch my Hammers against Boro in a distorted SD broadcast yet again.

I had to get rid of DirecTV when I moved, but one plus is my small cable company has FS Plus in HD 24/7.

#20 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Big Sam's looking ready to return to busting balls in the Prem, again. Though another 1 - 1 draw ain't a big help.

spam firewall