Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installing d* at guest house

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brock

Brock

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

So another receiver at the guest house needs wired up but we don't want to run junk across the yard so want to set it up with it's own dish on the side of the guest house and run wires accordingly. What all do I need to do this? Just need two tuners.
SWM Slimline Dish - HR23-700 Master - HR23-700 Bedroom - D12-100 Living
CHOICE XTRA + STARZ + SHOWTIME + HD EXTRA PACK + NFL SUNDAY TICKET + NFL SUNDAY TICKET TO-GO

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

Are they the same address? Do you want HD at the guest house?

#3 OFFLINE   Brock

Brock

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Yes and yes. :-)
CHOICE XTRA + STARZ + SHOWTIME + HD EXTRA PACK + NFL SUNDAY TICKET + NFL SUNDAY TICKET TO-GO

#4 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Call DIRECTV they can get an order setup for a movers.

#5 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

I don't think he wants to move, just add a dish. Personally I'd call up SolidSignal and ask them for what you need.

#6 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

Are you Going to be using HD or SD?

If HD order the same DISH you use at the main house with a 3 or 5 lnb (no need) to go swim if you only need two receivers.

If you are just doing SD -then do a 18" dual LNB Dish and call it a day.
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#7 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

I don't think he wants to move, just add a dish. Personally I'd call up SolidSignal and ask them for what you need.

A movers order is the only order they can place that will do this. Hence why I said to place a movers. I'm aware that the customer is wanting to keep his system at his current residence.

If you build a new home on the same property or add a second home on the property you need a movers to get out there with all the equipment needed.

Solid Signal will charge for a dish, multiswitch's, splitters and other support hardware. All of this is included with the movers order.

#8 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

Will they build a mover's order at the same address he is currently using?
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#9 OFFLINE   Brock

Brock

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Yeah I don't want to do movers. Kind of wanted to do this as a fun project for myself...

#10 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Will they build a mover's order at the same address he is currently using?

Yes they do the same thing if you build a new home or have a renovation so large that you need a complete reinstall.

Yeah I don't want to do movers. Kind of wanted to do this as a fun project for myself...

It's your money. SWM would be the easiest way to get setup however if your main home doesn't have a SWM then the account will not be SWM flagged. This means if you ever need a replacement you may get a non SWM compatible receiver and it won't work.

So for an equipment list you need to say how many TV's you have. If all the lines are in a central location or if you'll have to tie in at different spots, and how many dvr's.

spam firewall