Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

AntennaTV

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

This Winter October/November Antenna TV Network will be add some of the Former Retro Television network shows from NBC Universal of Adam-12 Dragnet Leave it to Beaver Mchale Navy.

Antennatv network is a Network simmer to Retro Television,MeTv Network. witch is available from your local tv station.http://www.antennatv.tv/

for a unofficial Schedule with new shows from NBC Universal

http://media.trb.com...60-23084846.pdf

Times on that schedule page is Central time.

from Antenna TV website FAQ
Let your local television station know you want to see free, classic over-the-air television available from Antenna TV. Let your cable provider know as well.

Edited by LMckin, 31 August 2011 - 11:57 AM.

Directv Subscriber From May 2003 to December 9,2013

Charter Cable Subscriber Since December 9,2013
HomePage

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Glen_D

Glen_D

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Antennatv network is a Network simmer to Retro Television,MeTv Network. witch is available from your local tv station.http://www.antennatv.tv/

Just to be clear, services like AntennaTV, MeTV, & Retro TV aren't offered in all local markets, including some larger ones. Some local markets don't have any of them.

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

Just to be clear, services like AntennaTV, MeTV, & Retro TV aren't offered in all local markets, including some larger ones. Some local markets don't have any of them.

Atlanta being one of those markets where Antenna TV is not currently offered :(

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#4 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Look for stations to drop RTV as soon as it is contractually feasible for them to do so. There is no way the crappy programming RTV has left can generate enough advertising revenue to justify its continuation.

#5 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Look for stations to drop RTV as soon as it is contractually feasible for them to do so. There is no way the crappy programming RTV has left can generate enough advertising revenue to justify its continuation.

Totally agree with you. Here in Atlanta, RTV was dropped by WSB in favor of ME-TV and is now affiliated with a lower power station whose I'll swear is limited to a 5 mile broadcast range.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#6 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hey, here's an irony;

That popular comical parody of the senior citizen and the DTV transition

where she says at one point "Will all of this make Jack Benny come back?" is strangely true now, for AntennaTV viewers anyway, since they are now running the old Jack Benny show between midnight and 1:00 AM local time. :lol:

#7 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Indications are that Antenna TV will finally be coming to Atlanta early next year. According to sources, Antenna TV is scheduled to replace Universal Sports on WATL 36.3.

Update: WATL 36.3 is scheduled to flip the switch for Antenna TV this coming Saturday (12/24/2011) at 5:00am.

Edited by fluffybear, 20 December 2011 - 08:37 AM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#8 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

I guess that I'll be picking it up long range, when their is some troposheric ducting happening. Nothing close, here in upper New York State.

#9 OFFLINE   Yes616

Yes616

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

I have been enjoying Antenna TV since it's inception on Jan 1, 2011 when WNEP-2 from Scranton, PA switched from RTV to it. In the beginning I missed several of the shows l liked on RTV but a number of them have since migrated to Antenna TV.
I am a DTV subscriber with AM21's attached to my tuners and a directional roof antenna with pre-amp aimed at Scranton to get this. Also since I have DirecTV in the NYC DMA, Liberty, NY, I get RTV from noon till midnight on WSAH. The rest of the time this channel does nothing other than infomercials.
The only other thing I wish I could get is Me-TV. I sometimes do get it when the tropo gods permit it from WFMZ-3 in Allentown, PA. This only works sometimes in the summer months and only mornings.
ThisTV would also be nice but I don't want to sound like I am asking for too much. Not until I have Me-TV anyways. :D

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

RTV is off the air in the SF Bay Area.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#11 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hmmm, looks like we recently got it.

Never saw any announcement, but the dedicated weather sub-channel is gone and replaced with this. Velly Intellestink!
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#12 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hmmm, looks like we recently got it.

Never saw any announcement, but the dedicated weather sub-channel is gone and replaced with this. Velly Intellestink!

We have had it here for a couple of months now and I would probably watch it if the DirecTV guide said something other than "regular programming" that ran for several hours (6 or 8 hours) at a time.

FYI, Tribune Media has confirmed that they are getting the guide data from WATL for both 36-2 (Bounce) and 36-3 (AntennaTV) and are supplying it to DirecTV. It is DirecTV who refuses to update their database..

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#13 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I watch it OTA. Windows Media Center has the guide info.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#14 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

We don't RTV and METV anymore in the SF Bay area anymore..

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#15 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

We don't RTV and METV anymore in the SF Bay area anymore..

According to ME-TV, you can find their programming on KOFY 20.2 (confirmed with KOFY's site & Zap2it) while RTV is KCNS 38.1 (confirmed with Zap2it)

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#16 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Antenna TV has been on WJW 8.2 in Cleveland since 1-1-2011 inception also, but hasn`t been added to AM21 database.

DTV claims they have no space available in AM21 database for Antenna TV or THIS TV on WBNX 55.3, but they sure found space for WEWS 5.2 Live Well last Nov.

#17 OFFLINE   Yes616

Yes616

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Antenna TV has been on WJW 8.2 in Cleveland since 1-1-2011 inception also, but hasn`t been added to AM21 database.

DTV claims they have no space available in AM21 database for Antenna TV or THIS TV on WBNX 55.3, but they sure found space for WEWS 5.2 Live Well last Nov.

Is this for real? I was in contact with Tribune (who supplies the program info to Dish & DirecTV) but I have not heard back from them. Missing for me are WPIX 11.4 (Antenna TV) and WSWB 38.2 (MeTV).

Are there any Dish Net OTA people getting these channels?

#18 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Is this for real? I was in contact with Tribune (who supplies the program info to Dish & DirecTV) but I have not heard back from them. Missing for me are WPIX 11.4 (Antenna TV) and WSWB 38.2 (MeTV).

Are there any Dish Net OTA people getting these channels?

Here is the reply I received from Tribune when I asked them about missing listing for Antenna TV and RTV in the Atlanta area:

Hi,

Our lineup team looked into this and found that these channels are listed correctly on the over the air lineup. You may want to contact Directv in order to have these channels added to the lineup.

We apologize for any inconvenience

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#19 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

THIS TV, RTV and MeTV are on C Band or Ku Band, in the clear. Still looking for AntennaTV.

spam firewall