Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

mitsubishi tv wd 73737 dull picture problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lburner30342@yahoo.com

lburner30342@yahoo.com

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have a mitsubishi tv wd 73737 dull picture problem
when i turn tv on it takes about 20-30 just to show a picture
the when it do show a picture it's very dull when it use to be very bright
does this mean my lamp dying or is it another problem?
some one plz help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

I have a mitsubishi tv wd 73737 dull picture problem
when i turn tv on it takes about 20-30 just to show a picture
the when it do show a picture it's very dull when it use to be very bright
does this mean my lamp dying or is it another problem?
some one plz help

How long have you had it? The lamps only last so many hours of use. If you watch alot then year the lamp probably needs replaced.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#3 OFFLINE   408SJC

408SJC

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Mine looked dull for a while before the lamp went out. I ended up buying a new lamp online but since it took a day or two for it to arrive, I didn't have a main tv for that long. Which made me realize how much I use it everyday. Assuming you've had the tv for a long time, you might want to look for one now and have it for when it goes.

#4 OFFLINE   lburner30342@yahoo.com

lburner30342@yahoo.com

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

i've had the t.v for 3 years i replaced the lamp once 2 years ago
im just hoping it's the lamp and not anything else.

#5 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

I can't say that I've heard of the lamps dimming. My experience has been that they go POOF! and stop working altogether. I had a Mits WS 52631 and replace the lamp 3 times in 5 years. Sure am glad they've come down in price. Eventually gave the TV to my son and family. Within a week, POOF! Lamp out. Bought a new one for them from a place called APEX online. It was only about $90 with a housing.

#6 OFFLINE   lburner30342@yahoo.com

lburner30342@yahoo.com

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

I can't say that I've heard of the lamps dimming. My experience has been that they go POOF! and stop working altogether. I had a Mits WS 52631 and replace the lamp 3 times in 5 years. Sure am glad they've come down in price. Eventually gave the TV to my son and family. Within a week, POOF! Lamp out. Bought a new one for them from a place called APEX online. It was only about $90 with a housing.

yeah I did some research and they say that the tell tell sign that your lamp about to go ( when it dim ) then I call mits. customer service an they informed me that was the problem so i order a new lamp so hopefully that all the problem is.
Thanks for the help though this form is great wish i'd found it sooner

#7 OFFLINE   Shady12

Shady12

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Where does one get these lamps, and how easy are they to replace? Figure I should be proactive and be ready when the time comes. I've had a Mits RPTV bought new in 2003 and have had no issues at all with the picture. I love it, have had the plexiglass off since the day I bought it so it's matte with no glare. Going to miss the lack of glare when I replace it. Speakers don't work(who cares I have a surround receiver), tv tuner doesn't work(who cares), aux inputs don't work(who cares)...but the bulb has lasted nine years, and I've watched a lot of tele in those nine years. Funny thing is I almost never used the things on it that stopped working.

Edited by Shady12, 10 March 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for that clue to a retailer. It's actually Apexlamps.com, btw...

http://www.apexlamps.com/

Protected By... spam firewall...And...