Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adding a channel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crockett_18

crockett_18

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

When I do an antenna scan a channel appears in the scanned list, but when I save it and exit, it does not appear in the guide. If I enter the channel number with the remote, I can then watch the channel. Why does it not stay in the guide. Also there is no channel information for programming, just digital service when I press info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

It should show IF you are on an "all channels" guide. IF you are on a custom favorites list, though, then you would need to manually add the newly scanned channel to your custom list.

As for the EPG data... whenever I add a new channel via scan, I often do not have EPG data until the next daily/nightly update refresh... Of course Dish doesn't have all sub-channel EPG data either, so it could be you have such a channel.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   crockett_18

crockett_18

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Wow, I can't believe I screwed that up. I have a custom list and forgot to add the channel.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

No problem... it happens to me about every other time I do it too...

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

back in the day they had this kind of end to the programing

now it all paid ad's that I'm getting tired of!

#6 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

When I do a new OTA scan, I always turn the receiver off and back on. I was having channels not show up in the guide after I had scanned and saved them. Powering it off and then back on seemed to resolve that issue for me.

"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

#7 OFFLINE   jamelar

jamelar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

back in the day they had this kind of end to the programing

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

now it all paid ad's that I'm getting tired of!

About 25 years ago I worked at a TV station. Like most other stations, we went off the air overnight, signed off with the National Anthem. One night, the duty engineer was in a hurry to leave and skipped the Anthem. A complaint by a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution was filed with the station.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...