Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Big Ten Network 2 Go Launches for DIRECTV Customers

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Or maybe locations?

Marquette and Notre Dame play basketball in the Big East. TCU is a member of the Big East. Virginia Tech is no where near the coast (ACC). Texas A&M is going to join the SEC.

Learn Geography. The STATE of Virginia is on the Atlantic coast. Is Chapel Hill near the Ocean? Clemson, SC? Tallahassee? Charlottesville, VA?

Only Miami and BoC are on the Coast, thinking real quick.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,286 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Learn Geography. The STATE of Virginia is on the Atlantic coast. Is Chapel Hill near the Ocean? Clemson, SC? Tallahassee? Charlottesville, VA?

Only Miami and BoC are on the Coast, thinking real quick.

You learn geography. Virginia Tech is in the mountains at the far west end of the state. I've been there many times, have you?

Besides the fact that you are proving my point. The names mean nothing.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#43 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,841 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Here's a map guys. ;)

Posted Image
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#44 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

I'm not having any success with getting the Big 10 Network (or CNN live) site to work.

with the Big 10 Network site, if I use Firefox or IE, I get a pop up that tells me to download the latest version of Flash, which I already have. Even re-installing Flash does no good. If I use Chrome, I get a pop up that says "select a provider", and it says "authorizing", but it just hangs there and goes no further. With the CNN Live site, the "Live" button is grayed out and I can't get any further. I've tried 3 different computers with different browsers on all 3 and with the same results.

If anyone can offer any hints or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

#45 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Have you tried uninstalling Flash and then reinstalling it?

#46 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Have you tried uninstalling Flash and then reinstalling it?

Yes, I have, and I still get the same results. With Firefox or IE explorer, I'm still prompted to install Flash. With Chrome, it still hangs on "authorizing". Again, I'm getting the same results with 3 different computers.

#47 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Yes, I have, and I still get the same results. With Firefox or IE explorer, I'm still prompted to install Flash. With Chrome, it still hangs on "authorizing". Again, I'm getting the same results with 3 different computers.

Alright, so it sounds like the problem isn't with your computers. It could be anywhere from your router, to your ISP, to your DirecTV account. Unfortunately, without having access to one of your computers, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

#48 OFFLINE   TribeFanInNE

TribeFanInNE

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Anyone with any insight? My tablet is Android 2.3 with Flash 10.1. It won't accept an upgrade to 10.3. I launch btn2go in the browser (both "native" and firefox), It begins to load the select frame for your service provider and hangs, displaying nothing more.

Rak...if you go to btn2go.com and click on info it says this under the FAQ's...When will BTN2Go be available on Android services?
"BTN is exploring other platforms for BTN2Go, including Android." That tells me it's not yet available for the Android smartphone or tablets. It is available for the iPhone, and IPad. Hope that helps.

#49 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

It is available for the iPhone, and IPad.

I just check iTunes. No app for BTN2Go.....yet.

#50 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm not having any success with getting the Big 10 Network (or CNN live) site to work.

with the Big 10 Network site, if I use Firefox or IE, I get a pop up that tells me to download the latest version of Flash, which I already have. Even re-installing Flash does no good. If I use Chrome, I get a pop up that says "select a provider", and it says "authorizing", but it just hangs there and goes no further. With the CNN Live site, the "Live" button is grayed out and I can't get any further. I've tried 3 different computers with different browsers on all 3 and with the same results.

Updating my attempts to deal with the issue above, I was able to get the Big 10 Network (and CNN) to work fine on one computer by uninstalling Flash Block. Even with Flash Block disabled, it would not work, but, with uninstalling it, things worked fine.

However, I have been unsuccessful with trying to get the Big 10 Network (or CNN) to work on a second computer even after uninstalling Flash Block as I did on the first computer. I've also tried disabling the firewall and connecting the computer directly to the modem to bypass the router. Still neither site would work.

With the Big 10 Network, I get "authorizing", but it just hangs there. With CNN Live, when I click the "unlock live TV" button, nothing happens. I figure that I must have some some setting blocking something. Again, I'd welcome any suggestions for things to try.

Thanks.

#51 OFFLINE   TribeFanInNE

TribeFanInNE

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

I just check iTunes. No app for BTN2Go.....yet.

the is also from the website btn2go.com trh..."How do I watch BTN2Go?
This fall, BTN2Go will be available on three platforms: the Internet; iPad and iPhone. On the internet, fans will go to www.BTN2Go.com, choose their provider, enter their login information and then have full access to BTN2Go’s services. On the iPad and iPhone, fans will launch the BTN2Go app (which will be free in Apple’s app store), choose their provider and enter their login information to have full access to BTN2Go. Specific launch dates for each platform will be forthcoming." So if it's not available now it will be soon.

#52 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

So if it's not available now it will be soon.

hence the reason for my "...yet."

Of course Apple has to approve this app. That could add one week or one year or "never" to the process.

#53 OFFLINE   bases1616

bases1616

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Why not have it on Android too? Open source network and no need for approval!

#54 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

They're working on it.

#55 OFFLINE   stp147

stp147

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

They plan on having an Android app however budgetary constraints and time constraints will delay it to the middle of basketball season or next football season. They cite easier iOS development which is why they started with iOS but there are definitely plans for Android. They also cite the change to allow multiple .apk's on a single app definitely helps for compatibility purposes in the Android Market.

Source: BTN Execs at BTN Fan Council meeting (all things subject to change without notice).

spam firewall