Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network offers Adult Swim Gold and Cartoon Network apps

jack andraka

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

Saw the DirecTV thread, and it prompted me to check my Adult Swim and Cartoon Network apps on the iPad... and sure enough I can login and view additional full episodes now through the Dish partnership.

The DirecTV thread is here for those interested in some of the existing conversation before I started this one for Dish customers to discuss.

We already had HBO and MAX Go... so I shouldn't have been surprised to see these come aboard. I can only hope (as those in the DirecTV thread said) that we don't have a zillion apps for each channel that starts to support these partnerships.

My only gripe at the moment is... that when watching a full episode, once you get into a commercial break, you can't rewind, fast forward, or even pause or stop playback until the end of the commercial break unless you actually shut the app down!

I get that they might want to disable commercial skipping... but they need to leave the option to pause or end playback active.
  • doreenay18 likes this

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DustoMan

DustoMan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Makes sense since Cartoon Network is a Time Warner company like HBO and CNN. I already had the Adult Swim app on my iPad. Now I need to find the Cartoon Network one.
  • doreenay18 likes this
Dusto
dustoman at gmail dot com

Echostar customer since longer then I can remember.
SlingLOADED VIP922 on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
VIP222 on Windows 7 Pro PC

spam firewall