Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Network now live in SD and HD (channel 153)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BWELL316

BWELL316

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

MLB Network's Twitter account just welcomed Dish Network customers to the family. I don't see it yet. Any word?

http://twitter.com/#...402429241556992
LR- Mitsubishi 60' WD60C9 w/PS3
MBR- Dynex 32'
KBR- Vizio 37' LCD w. Wii and PS2

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   zippyfrog

zippyfrog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

I see it here. I have the Top 250 package.

#3 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

where is the MLB Alternate Channel?

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

I literally just got this in my email...

MLB Network telecasts New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox tonight

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C. announced tonight it will launch MLB Network, the 24-hour television network dedicated to baseball. Beginning tonight, MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network's America's Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages.
(Logo: http://photos.prnews...611/LA19624LOGO)
"With the pennant races heating up, DISH Network brings our customers wall-to-wall baseball coverage and MLB games in HD on MLB Network," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "The addition of MLB Network makes DISH Network the place for fans to follow their favorite teams into the Postseason and keep up with the latest information on all 30 Major League Baseball clubs."

"We are excited to bring MLB Network and our award-winning high definition programming to DISH Network's customers," said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network. "We have experienced an incredible year of growth and this partnership is in line with our goal to make MLB Network available as widely as possible."

MLB Network debuts on DISH Network tonight with a game featuring two powerhouse clubs competing for the American League pennant: the New York Yankees against the Boston Red Sox tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET, live from Boston's Fenway Park with legendary sports announcer Bob Costas calling the game alongside former Yankees pitcher and award-winning broadcaster Jim Kaat. (Game subject to local blackout restrictions.)
MLB Network provides unprecedented access to all 30 MLB clubs year-round, with more than 100 live regular season games, over 80 Spring Training Games, original programming, coverage of baseball events, like the National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, and live studio programming, including its Emmy Award-winning signature daily show "MLB Tonight."

About DISH Network
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.056 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2011, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.

About MLB Network
MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring live games, original programming, highlights, and insights and analysis from the best in the business, including Bob Costas, Harold Reynolds, Al Leiter and Peter Gammons. MLB Network debuted on Jan. 1, 2009, as the largest launch in cable television history. MLB Network's programming and production have received six National Sports Emmy Awards and 20 nominations. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.mlbnetwork.com.

SOURCE DISH Network L.L.C.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

A much deserved channel. Glad to see you guys get this channel.

Too bad it is only for the 200 and higher. It would be better if all subs were able to see it.

BTW, do you guys also get the alternate channel as well? Much needed channel as whenever they show games half of the country see's one game and the other half and the blackout regions see the other game. Without the alternate channel you will miss out on games half of the time

Anyway, much deserved congratulations

#6 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

Would like to know why Directv has MLB Network Alternate and Dish does not. The channel usually has 2 games scheduled at a time, here is a schedule.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...mm_mlb_schedule

#7 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

where is the MLB Alternate Channel?

Very necessary channel too

#8 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Would like to know why Directv has MLB Network Alternate and Dish does not. The channel usually has 2 games scheduled at a time, here is a schedule.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...mm_mlb_schedule

Without the alternate channel you will miss out on half of the games and sometimes two game options.

It is a part-time game only channel. Maybe it will be one that is turned on only during games? On DirecTV they do have a permanent dedicated channel for it, but it is only live when a game is shown. The rest of the time it is just wasting bandwidth and shows the DirecTV logo.

If you see the image below, the alternate channel is currently blank on my TV as the game in my area is not on the alternate channel. For those with Dish you should currently be seeing the Yanks on the main channel or the Nationals and Braves on the alternate channel.

Posted Image

Edited by DodgerKing, 01 September 2011 - 05:54 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

someone said you can't get both games, either the main or alternate even if the teams are all out-of-market. SO STUPID!

#10 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

someone said you can't get both games, either the main or alternate even if the teams are all out-of-market. SO STUPID!

Occasionally you can get both, but most of the time it is one or the other. But without the alternate channel you may not get either if you are in the area where the main game is blacked out or not shown. Those currently in NY and Boston will not be able to see the current game and should be getting the Nats and Braves on the alternate channel. Without the alternate channel those in NY and Boston will not be able to currently view a game

#11 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

are you getting Nationals/Braves?

#12 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

A while back when I was at my folks with Directv, Phillies were blacked out on the main channel vs. Oakland but the Alternate game Colorado/Yankees was available here in Wisconsin. grrrrrrr

#13 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

are you getting Nationals/Braves?

That game is currently on the alternate channel. I am not getting because I am getting the Yanks and Sox on the main channel.

Posted Image

BTW, this game is an actual MLB Network broadcast with Costas announcing, as are all Thursday Night games. The other nights the MLB Network just shows one of the feeds of the local broadcast

#14 OFFLINE   pjsemmer

pjsemmer

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Just by chance, I was flipping through the guide and saw channel 153, MLBN. Much to my delight, it is great to see that Dish now has MLB Network. Much to my dismay however, I am blacked out from watching Yankees vs. Red Sox. Blacked out? I live in Pennsylvania. Why would I be blacked out? Anyone else not in NY or Boston blacked out from the game? :confused:

#15 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Scranton area is Yankees territory I believe,

#16 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Just by chance, I was flipping through the guide and saw channel 153, MLBN. Much to my delight, it is great to see that Dish now has MLB Network. Much to my dismay however, I am blacked out from watching Yankees vs. Red Sox. Blacked out? I live in Pennsylvania. Why would I be blacked out? Anyone else not in NY or Boston blacked out from the game? :confused:

Because one game is shown in a certain geographic area and the other is shown in the other geographic area. These are MLBNet designed regions in addition to MLB blackout rules. Without the alternate channel, like I have already stated, half of the country will be blacked out half of the time.

I am only posting this to inform you guys now in order to avoid the countless threads of, "Why is this game blacked out?" or "Why are the games blacked out half of the time?" My posts are not meant to complain or brag. It is only to inform...That is it

#17 OFFLINE   pjsemmer

pjsemmer

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Scranton area is Yankees territory I believe,

My in-laws live up in the Scranton area, so I know that's Yankee country. I'm from downstate PA, closer to Reading and Lancaster. I'm usually only blacked out from Phillies games on my MLB.tv subscription and not Yankee games. In fact, I can watch the game on MLB.tv now and if I'm not mistaken, MLB Network is property of Major League Baseball. I guess this could be a Dish blackout and not an MLB blackout. I'll have to call Dish I guess and find out.

Thanks.

#18 OFFLINE   pjsemmer

pjsemmer

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Because one game is shown in a certain geographic area and the other is shown in the other geographic area. These are MLBNet designed regions in addition to MLB blackout rules. Without the alternate channel, like I have already stated, half of the country will be blacked out half of the time.

I am only posting this to inform you guys now in order to avoid the countless threads of, "Why is this game blacked out?" or "Why are the games blacked out half of the time?" My posts are not meant to complain or brag. It is only to inform...That is it

thanks for the info. This is my first experience with MLB Network, so I wasn't aware that there was an MLB Alternate channel. I sure hope Dish adds that channel as well, but I won't hold my breath seeing how long it took to even get MLBN on Dish.

#19 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I hate the Espn style scoreboard on all the time during games. UGHHHHHHHHH

I have mlb.tv as well. Like the NHL Network, MLB Network has a larger blackout radius coverage which makes no sense.

#20 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

I hate the Espn style scoreboard on all the time during games. UGHHHHHHHHH

I have mlb.tv as well. Like the NHL Network, MLB Network has a larger blackout radius coverage which makes no sense.

It's not a radius. It's actually hard to pinpoint what's used for the dual MLBN games.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...