Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Network now live in SD and HD (channel 153)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   a_maymi

a_maymi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Why is not available in Puerto Rico. No MLB Network sd and hd why. In Directv and cables network have Mlb network.

Edited by a_maymi, 01 September 2011 - 07:05 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Beginning tonight, MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network's America's Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages.

I am a 120+ subscriber with MultiSport and am not getting the channel. Anyone know if this is a mistake? Should I contact Dish?

#23 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Got it! And couldn't have been much better timing, contract would have been up on the fifth and I was composing my "I'm outta here since you don't carry MLB channel" speech for the dish rep.

Now on to getting rid of the ubiquitous Yankees/Sox coverage.

Baby steps.

#24 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

awesome!
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#25 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'm on chat with Dish right now, but not having any luck. Not sure why it isn't active for me.

#26 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

Funny how dish folks are now complaining that we dont have the alt channel. Yesterday we had NO Mlb Network. Patience, people!
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#27 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

I am a 120+ subscriber with MultiSport and am not getting the channel. Anyone know if this is a mistake? Should I contact Dish?

It is on both the AT 200 and higher AND the multi-sports package. Even if you have a lower package that does not get this channel, the multi-sports package subscription will give you access to it

#28 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

I don't recall Direct launching the alternate channel right away either, or maybe I just missed it or don't remember. It maybe coming down the road

#29 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

and right now it is a free preview. Seen posts on other sites that mention the Welcome Pack getting it too.

#30 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

Where is DIRT when you need them? The chat reps are useless. lol

#31 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,452 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I suspect it is an authorization glitch. This sometimes happens with Dish on first-day launches... I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to authorize it for the multi-sport pack OR perhaps got the uplink wrong on one satellite or something.

Definitely bug them about it since others are reporting it is even in free preview so it sounds like everyone should be temporarily getting it anyway.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#32 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Chatting with "Sky (ID: 8BM) with the Tier 2 Tech department" now.

#33 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

I'm happy for the baseball fans with DISH. MLB Network is an awesome channel, much better than the baseball coverage on ESPN

#34 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Well that was fun. lol

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): How may I help you today?
<me>: Dish added the MLB Network to it's lineup. It's my understanding that it is supposed to be included in the Multisport package. Is that true?
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Yes.
<me>: I subscribe to the Multisport package but the channel is not available to me
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Or, if you have AT200 package and up you may check on channel 153.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Can you try channel 153, please?
<me>: I just get the "Programming Not Authorized" screen
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): If there is an on screen message, please include the 3 digit number found in the top right corner.
<me>: 013
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Thank you.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Please give me a moment to research this for you.
<me>: ok
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Thanks.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I'm going to send an authorization signal to your receiver so that it recognizes the channels and makes them available to you again. This should take 1-2 minutes.
<me>: ok thanks
Melanie (ID: 7P3): You are welcome.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): After 2 minutes, please check again your channels.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Let me know of any progress.
<me>: Ok, also, did Dish add the MLB Network alternative channel as well? It is my understanding that without the alternative channel half of the games will be blacked out for half of the country and the channel will be useless.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Let me check.
<me>: Ok thanks
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Description: A 24-hour network dedicated to all of baseball, all the time. MLB Network brings fans closer to the game than ever before with unprecedented access to players and teams. Year-round coverage includes live games, highlights and all the latest news. Live studio shows, hosted by some of the biggest names in baseball, provide up-to-the-minute analysis and banter at its best.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): This is the update we had upon launching this channel few hours ago.
<me>: right, but just like ESPN and many RSNs MLNnet has an alternative channel that is used when the main channel is blacked out in the viewers area. That should be a part of the lineup as well
<me>: *MLBnet
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Games often available on a local station (normally ABC) or available as an individual football game.
<me>: Right, that is not the issue I am talking about though
<me>: The channel is still not showing active for me
Melanie (ID: 7P3): One moment.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I need to check further.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I am checking now the program information, please stay on hold.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Dustin, unplug the DISH receiver for 10 seconds and plug back in.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): The reset process should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I have not heard from you in a while and your chat window shows you've been idle, are you still with me?
<me>: I was doing the hard reset
<me>: After the hard reset the channel is still not active
Melanie (ID: 7P3): The steps we've tried so far haven't fixed our problem. I'm going to transfer your chat to an Advanced Technical Support agent for additional troubleshooting. They may need to replace your equipment or send a technician. I appreciate your patience, please hold.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): One moment.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): May I have the receiver and smartcard number?
<me>: i will just call in
<me>: Thanks
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Okay.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): You can also access dish.com/support or interactive Dish Channel 101 to access quick and easy troubleshooting steps that will save you time in the future.
<me>: is there a number for Advanced Technical Support?
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Oh, you may call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-800-894-9131 and they will be transferring you over to our Advance Tech Support team.
<me>: What does the receiver number look like?
<me>: R## #### ####-##?
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Yes.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): What about the smartcard number, please?
<me>: S## ######## ##
Melanie (ID: 7P3): I just verified if yo have the correct receiver on file.
<me>: lol
<me>: I changed my programming today and everything was just fine.
Melanie (ID: 7P3): May I transfer you now to our advance tech team?
<me>: yes please
Melanie (ID: 7P3): Thanks.
Melanie (ID: 7P3) has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the CH69 - Loyalty department to assist you.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You have been successfully transferred to Jose (ID: OEF) with the Loyalty department.
Jose (ID: OEF): I will be handling your request today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review your conversation with the previous agent.
<me>: Thanks Jose
Jose (ID: OEF): You're welcome. It will be just one moment.
Jose (ID: OEF) has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you.
You have been successfully transferred to Sky (ID: 8BM) with the Tier 2 Tech department.
Sky (ID: 8BM): I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
<me>: Hello Sky, not sure this is a Tech issue, but they sent me to you anyway. lol
Sky (ID: 8BM): Ok.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Give me a few minutes please.
<me>: sure
Sky (ID: 8BM): Thank you.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Ok let me check that for you.
<me>: Thanks
Sky (ID: 8BM): Yes in the multi sports.
<me>: right, but it's still showing that it is not available to me
Sky (ID: 8BM): The channel?
<me>: right
Sky (ID: 8BM): Try it now please.
<me>: I just get the "Programming Not Authorized" screen
<me>: and it is red in the guide
Sky (ID: 8BM): Will you please press the menu button on the remote followed by 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), then go to #1 Point dish, choose CHECK SWITCH. Once you are on the Install Summary screen, make sure that ALTERNATE and SUPER DISH are not check marked. Then when alternate and super dish are blank, select TEST, (If Warning 504 appears please select yes).
Let me know when you have the testing message on the screen, and the 3 digit number in the top right corner.
<me>: 058
Sky (ID: 8BM): Great.
<me>: the check switch is complete
Sky (ID: 8BM): Cancel all the way out please.
<me>: i did, waiting to acquire the signal and re-download the guide
Sky (ID: 8BM): Great.
<me>: Are you sure it is not an authorization glitch? I've heard that this sometimes happens with Dish on first-day launches... Maybe they forgot to authorize it for the multi-sport pack OR perhaps got the uplink wrong on one satellite or something.
Sky (ID: 8BM): It may be.
<me>: Is that something that you can check on?
Sky (ID: 8BM): No if this doesn't work il submit a report on it.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Its not a known issue.
<me>: Well the channel just launched on Dish so it hasn't had much time to become a known issue. lol
<me>: I suspect that this won't work since I essentially did they same thing with the hard reset.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Right.
<me>: still waiting though
Sky (ID: 8BM): Thank you.
<me>: Downloading the program guide now
<me>: (330)
Sky (ID: 8BM): Good.
<me>: Should I wait for that or cancel it? I can check the channel without the guide info
Sky (ID: 8BM): Cancel.
<me>: Still red in my guide and I just get the "Programming Not Authorized" screen (013)
Sky (ID: 8BM): Alright.
Sky (ID: 8BM): I will submit a report on the issue.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Please try again later.
<me>: Any ETA on how long this type of thing normally takes?
Sky (ID: 8BM): Unfortunately not.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Id expect it will be fine by tomorrow.
<me>: Ok, did you see my question on the Alt channel? Do you have any insight on that? The first CSR didn't understand what I was asking.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Let me read it.
<me>: Ok, also, did Dish add the MLB Network alternative channel as well? It is my understanding that without the alternative channel half of the games will be blacked out for half of the country and the channel will be useless. Just like ESPN and many RSNs MLBnet has an alternative channel that is used when the main channel is blacked out in the viewers area. That should be a part of the lineup as well
Sky (ID: 8BM): I don't show that we did nor that over half the games would be blacked out.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Unfortunately there isn't any further information at this time.
<me>: Is it possible to put in a request for that?
Sky (ID: 8BM): I can submit a programming request.
<me>: Please do for me.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Sure.
Sky (ID: 8BM): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
<me>: Nott right now.
<me>: Thanks for trying to resolve my issue
Sky (ID: 8BM): Thank you for using DISH Network chat and have a great night!
Thank you for visiting DISH Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

#35 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Right after I finished the chat the channel was active. lol

#36 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Funny how dish folks are now complaining that we dont have the alt channel. Yesterday we had NO Mlb Network. Patience, people!

who's complaining? NOBODY

#37 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Yanks/Red Sox should be blackout free now after 3hr block, takes those morons 4 hours to play 9 innings

#38 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Yanks/Red Sox should be blackout free now after 3hr block, takes those morons 4 hours to play 9 innings

Heh, HBT has an article--hell a slew of 'em-- on that subject lately. The time angle, that is.

#39 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,452 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Right after I finished the chat the channel was active. lol

That looked painful... but glad you finally got the channel active.

I'm also glad that it wasn't an uplink issue, and just an authorization issue. An uplink issue would have taken at least a day for them to fix probably.

We'll probably have to "watch this space" and see what happens related to the alternates.

When Dish picked up the Big Ten network, they picked up all the alternates... and I noticed that it looks like they added another alternate channel this year (probably needed since they added a couple of teams so might be another simultaneous alternate game some weekends).

Anyway... what that said to me is that Dish is at least paying partial attention... so I would think that issuing a press release for MLB today they would want to respond to the alternate game situation sooner rather than later because it sounds like it could come into play often.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#40 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

When I left dish about a year ago I thought I might actually watch this channel, but I haven't even spent 5 minutes on it.

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

spam firewall