Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Network now live in SD and HD (channel 153)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Congrats to the DISH folks for getting this channel. I was DISH subscriber for 9 years and wished I could have gotten this channel from its inception. I didn't leave DISH because I could not get this channel but not having it made my decision to leave a bit easier.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

It is also good to see you guys get this in time for the pennant race, the most exciting time in baseball.

#43 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

who's complaining? NOBODY

Not here, after all this time! As long as Charlie made the calls it would never have happened.

#44 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

My in-laws live up in the Scranton area, so I know that's Yankee country. I'm from downstate PA, closer to Reading and Lancaster. I'm usually only blacked out from Phillies games on my MLB.tv subscription and not Yankee games. In fact, I can watch the game on MLB.tv now and if I'm not mistaken, MLB Network is property of Major League Baseball. I guess this could be a Dish blackout and not an MLB blackout. I'll have to call Dish I guess and find out.

Thanks.

Scranton is in the Phillies, Yankees, Mets, and Pirates areas for those in the area. Lookup MLB blackout map on Google. Your local team(s) will be blacked out on MLB Network.

#45 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

I figured we might hear from someone at DIRT regarding the alt channel. They seem too be some of the most knowledgeable and helpful people that customers can actually talk to at Dish.

#46 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

MBL is available to all DISH customers until 9-30-11. After this date it is available to America's Top 200 and above, Multi-Sport, DISH America Silver and above, DISH Latino DOS and above.

We have not received any information yet about the alternate MLB channel.

#47 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

Well, I am mulling over a return to DISH from DirecTV and would have regretted giving up MLB. This may be the tipping point, since I like everything else I've seen about DISH version 2011 as opposed to the company I left in 2005.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#48 OFFLINE   garn9173

garn9173

Icon

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

I don't know what's the biggest surprise, Mediacom adding NFL Network or Dish Network adding MLB Network.

Congrats Dish Network subscribers!

Dish Network (February 2002-August 2005)
Mediacom (August 2005-1/27/07)
DirecTV (1/27-07 - 4/14)

Dish Network (4/14 - ??)  Hopper, Super Joey, and two Joey receivers.

#49 OFFLINE   ally68

ally68

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Maybe this will pave the way for a return of MLB extra innings soon?

#50 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Maybe this will pave the way for a return of MLB extra innings soon?

You never know. I believe the current MLB EI contract (D* and iN DEMAND) runs through the 2013 season. 2014 would be the earliest for E* to join in. Perhaps a deal of some sort is being worked on and it will be available next Spring (2012). :slowgrin:

#51 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

If I were to move to Dish from FiOS, MLB Network was the only channel that I would have missed. Congrats on getting it!

Is this an HD channel, or only SD?

#52 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Ira,

If you have any questions about our equipment or services, we are available for you. I do have information on our website that provides a lot of helpful information. Thanks.

#53 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

You never know. I believe the current MLB EI contract (D* and iN DEMAND) runs through the 2013 season. 2014 would be the earliest for E* to join in. Perhaps a deal of some sort is being worked on and it will be available next Spring (2012). :slowgrin:

All providers use iN Demand, except for DirecTV. DirecTV has their own Extra Innings, which is why it is much better than what is available with iN Demand.

All Dish would have to do is contract to carry iN Demand.

#54 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

Reaper,

Thank you. I was watching last night and really enjoyed the channel. It's available in SD and HD. I posted some information on this thread, #52.

Edited by Ray C@DISH Network, 02 September 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   stevenv

stevenv

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Really enjoying MLB network. This was a nice surprise, and just in time for the exciting pennant races coming down to the wire. Thanks Dish Network!

#56 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

stevenv,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the MLB Network. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

#57 OFFLINE   stevenv

stevenv

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

stevenv,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the MLB Network. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Thanks Ray. Appreciate it.:)

#58 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

All providers use iN Demand, except for DirecTV. DirecTV has their own Extra Innings, which is why it is much better than what is available with iN Demand.

All Dish would have to do is contract to carry iN Demand.

I didn't know that. Interesting. I don't think a "lesser" (iN DEMAND) MLB EI would go over very well with E* customers so inclined to order it. Any offered MLB EI would HAVE to be the equal (or better) of a "better" (D*) MLB EI.

#59 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

I didn't know that. Interesting. I don't think a "lesser" (iN DEMAND) MLB EI would go over very well with E* customers so inclined to order it. Any offered MLB EI would HAVE to be the equal (or better) of a "better" (D*) MLB EI.

Do you mean better as in different feeds and games in HD?
If so, then they don't have to be equal. DirecTV & Dish both get NHLCI & NBALP. DirecTV's has more games in HD and usually has dual feeds. I'm sure plenty of Dish subs still get CI & LP.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#60 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

To me MLB Network and MLB Extra Innings are two different topics. I feel that MLB Network is essential programming for a provider like Dish Network, while there is an alternative to MLB EI, MLB.tv -- at about half the cost.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...