Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish OTA EPG issues (report only)

to be announced

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our programming department.  Thanks.

Since the swap between WCCB 018-01 formerly Fox Charlotte and  WJZY CW,046-01 the guide data is wrong for 018-01 and 046-01. The guide for 018-01 should be with 046-01 and vice versa.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   bookwalk

bookwalk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sioux Falls SD DMA

Hopper OTA Module

7-1 KTTW FOX -shows message abt Independent Communication dispute--cannot access any OTA programming from guide
7-2 THIS no guide data, only call letters show, but can access station from guide
8-1, 8-2, 8-3 SDPB Call letters only, no guide data, but can access station
13-1 KSFY (ABC) No guide shown at all, so no programming or access

Sent from my SM-T310 using DBSTalk mobile app

Pat

:hi:

#83 OFFLINE   bookwalk

bookwalk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Additional OTA guide channel has disappeared--that being our CBS local, KELO ch 11-1, so that's most of our network locals. Only one left is NBC

Sent from my SM-T310 using DBSTalk mobile app

Pat

:hi:

#84 OFFLINE   PrairieTech

PrairieTech

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our programming department. Thanks.

Are there ever any success stories for these program guide issues?

Six months later, my problems in Minneapolis never changed. New local channels have been added, and those also are listed as "Digital Service." Windows Media Center has everything listed perfectly, and they're free. Dish should be able to get channels straight.

#85 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I posted an extensive list for the Cleveland market in September, 2011 (post #8 in the thread) and again in January 2012 (post #20) but nothing has changed!

Has anybody had success getting their guide data corrected?

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#86 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 800 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Seems to be an exercise in futility, but here goes...

WMAH - PBS - South Mississippi - Biloxi/Gulfport (my DMA), Hattiesburg/Laurel, parts of Mobile/Pensacola and New Orleans Markets.

019-01 - PBS - WMAHDT1 or WMAHDT - Is the SD version but the channel logo is PBS HD. Has proper guide data.

019-02 - PBS - WMAHDT2 or WMAHHD - Is the HD version, no channel logo (PBS HD logo should be here), no guide data. Guide data should mirror 19-01

019-03 - Create TV - WMAHDT3 or WMAHC - No logo (should be the create logo), no guide data

019-04 - MPB Think/Music Radio - no logo and no guide data. Is an audio only broadcast.

Also the Dish provided feed for WMAH has the wrong channel number (16-00). It should be 19-00. (16 is the UHF frequency used by virtual channel 19)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WKFK - Low power Independent - Pascagoula, MS

All guide entries have no data, or channel logos. What they should be is as follows. Station ID's and guide say WKFK for all 5 channels.

007-01 - This TV

007-02 - Retro TV

007-03 - AMGTV (late night and daytime) and ION (evenings)

007-04 - Heartland

007-05 - America ONE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WFNA - CW and Bounce - Gulf Shores, AL - Mobile/Pensacola DMA and my part of the Biloxi/Gulfport market.

055-01 - CW - all seems ok

055-02 - Bounce TV - no logo or guide data

Plenty more problems, but I'm not going any further until I see some results concerning these first. Why should anyone bother working on reporting things if nobody is going to bother fixing them...

#87 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

I haven't heard anything since my very detailed post in May.  How are these posts really helpful?  Shouldn't Dish be able to figure much of this out on their own?  They probably can get data from our receivers and figure out which channels are showing up as "Digital Service" and figure out what the channels should be?

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#88 OFFLINE   Texas-Justice

Texas-Justice

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Channels are from Victoria, Texas

019-03 THiS  - Shows Digital Service in EPG - listed as THIS in EPG but no guide data

041-01 KXTS - Shows Digital Service in EPG - listed as KXTS in EPG but no guide data (Channel is also on 025-03 with call letters and guide data showing there)

041-02 Antenna TV - Shows Digital Service in EPG - listed as KXTS in EPG instead of Antenna TV and no guide data

There are also a few Spanish channels that have Digital Service in the guide data but I have no idea what they are since I don't view them.

019-02 - listed as KVTX in EPG but no guide data

028-01 - listed as DTV in EPG and no guide data

045-01 - listed as KVTX in EPG and no guide data (this is likely the main channel with 019-02 repeating the channel, similar to how 025-03 repeats 041-01)

#89 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

I live in the Chico/Redding DMA.  We have  FOX channel KCVU that airs on OTA 020-01.  Dish Network has correct EPG program data for both OTA and SAT.  This same channel re-transmits for Redding, CA using 038-01 K38FQ.  The EPG listing for this channel only shows K38FQ.  It would be great if Dish Network could add K38FQ to the EPG so it will contain KCVU program data.

#90 OFFLINE   cberry

cberry

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Location77708

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Beaumont, TX 77713

OTA 06-01 EPG shows info for NBC.  Actual broadcast is CBS.  EPG should match 06-00.

OTA 06-02 EPG shows info for Bounce.  Actual broadcast is CWPLUS.  EPG should show CW info.

Please help.  Thanks.

#91 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

I really like the USB OTA Adapter for the Hopper It does a very good job of picking up stations.

However, there is not a way to add channels without doing a full scan. The other issue, I have a situation where Denver's Channel 7 broadcasts on two channels, the much weaker VHF 7 and the closer, and more strong UHF 17. The adpater finds both of them, but drops Channel 17 in favor of 7; even though 17 is the stringer signal.

It would be nice to have a feature to have the hopper display all the channels it scans and allow the subscriber to select the better of duplicate channels.

In other notes about OTA:

The program Guide does not populate for 2.2 (ThisTV), 14.2 (Bounce TV), 14.3  Get TV), 25.2, 25.3 (COZI TV) , 31.2 (Antenna TV) , 50.2, in Denver. Even those those channels do send out EPG information.

#92 OFFLINE   cobaltblue

cobaltblue

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Baltimore, MD.  DMA

24-02 WUTB  Bounce.... Digital Service in banner....no program data in guide....says Bounce in guide

54-02 WNUV Get TV...... Digital Service in banner....no program data in guide... says WNUV in guide 

Salisbury, MD. DMA

16-02 WBOC  Antenna TV...Fox in banner....Fox 21's program data in guide...should be Antenna TV's date

47-02 WMDT  CW....            Digital Service in banner.....no program data in guide.. says WMDT in guide

47-03 WMDT   ME TV...       Digital Service in banner.....no program data in guide...says WMDT in guide 

thanks for your help....hoping

#93 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

I do not think anyone from DISH is monitoring this thread anymore.

I will try again just to see if it does get a response.

These OTA channels are for the Denver Market.

Mainstream OTA networks associated with locals carried by DISH:

02-02 THIS TV; THIS in banner; no program data in guide, says KWGN in Guide.

14-02 Bounce TV; KTFD in banner, no program data in guide, says KTFD in Guide

14-03 GET TVI TV, KTDF in banner, no program data in guide, says KTFD in Guide

25-02 Estella TV, Exlt in banner, no program data in guide, says Extl in Guide

35-03 COZI TV; COZI in banner; no program data in guide, says COZI in Guide

31-02 Antenna TV; Atne in banner; no program data in guide, says Atne in Guide

50-02 LATV, KCEC in banner; no program data in guide, says KCEC in Guide

Other OTA channels (locals not carried by DISH)

26-01 QVC, DTV in banner, no program data in guide, says DTV in Guide

26-02 Jewelry TV, DTV in banner, no program data in guide, says DTV in Guide

26-03 MUsic, DTV in banner, no program data in guide, says DTV in Guide

26-04 ClassicTV, DTV in banner, no program data in guide, says DTV in Guide

26-05 WesternTV, DTV in banner, no program data in guide, says DTV in Guide

28-01 HSN, HSN in banner, no program data in guide, says HSN in Guide

28-02 TV28, HSN in banner, no program data in guide, says TV28 in Guide

28-03 KCDO, HSN in banner, no program data in guide, says KCDO in Guide

28-04 KKPR, HSN in banner, no program data in guide, says KKPR in Guide

38-01 TBN, KPJR in banner, no program data in guide, says  KPJR in Guide

38-02 Chruch Channel, KPJR in banner, no program data in guide, says  KPJR in Guide

38-03 JUCE, KPJR in banner, no program data in guide, says  KPJR in Guide

38-04 Enlace USA, KPJR in banner, no program data in guide, says  KPJR in Guide

38-01 Smile of a Child, KPJR in banner, no program data in guide, says  KPJR in Guide

spam firewall