Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Duplicate New Recordings ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

I have the 722k timer set to record only new episodes of Haven on SyFy, which it has been doing. But when I looked last night it is also going to record the repeat 2 hours later. This duplicate shows up for this week & next.

I checked the guide & it also indicates this. And the guide does not state New for the repeat.

I deleted the timer & re-enter the program & it still shows up twice.

I realize it's easy to delete or ignore it, but I'm going on vacation in a few weeks & need all the recording capacity I can get, and recording duplicates works against this. If it just started doing this with one program my concern other programs may start doing it.

Any idea why this happening?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

When the N/A appears in either the Episode Number or Year the event will record. It's better to record a duplicate than to miss an episode.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   lhemmerich

lhemmerich

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

I had that happen on several show
The way to get around it is to use the MANUAL setting for the time..that way it will record the 6pm show and not the 8 pm show I assume the show comes on at the same time each week

#4 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

When the N/A appears in either the Episode Number or Year the event will record. It's better to record a duplicate than to miss an episode.

Thanks,

Yep, that's it. The year was N/A.

I agree it's better to record a duplicate. This just started happening and I'd hate for it to start happening with other channels when I'm on vacation & start taking up disc space.

#5 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

Go into the recordings list and skip the second recording, deleting the timer is useless because the data the receiver uses to determine status is not correct.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#6 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Go into the recordings list and skip the second recording, deleting the timer is useless because the data the receiver uses to determine status is not correct.

Problem is I can't delete anything when I'm away from home on vacation. I'll probably need all the recording capacity I can get.

#7 OFFLINE   BodyshotsByDan

BodyshotsByDan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

You can always edit your recordings on Dish Online or Remote Access if you have web access on vacation ;)

I have this happening with BBCAmerica, weird I did not have it happen with SyFy, hmmmm.
Dish Network 2x VIP722k,
1x VIP722, VIP625
Top 250 + HD/Platinum
Dish subscriber for 6+ years,
DirectTV DVRer before that, COX DVRer before that
Original ReplyTV owner, boy I miss that thing.

#8 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

I just noticed the same episode repeats a few days later at 1:00am and it also has the year as N/A. However it is being skipped. Maybe because it's a different day than the original?

spam firewall