Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Multi Sports HD

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

I was trying to see if someone has some info on this, When you order Multi sports package, do you get the channels in HD as well? if no, why not?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

The multi-sports package does have HD channels if we have it in HD. NFL Network, MLB Network, NFL Redzone , etc. have HD feeds. Of course, you have to subscribe to HD programming.

#3 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

I remember in the past where it was SD only even if you have HD in your basic programming. It looks like it is changed now, everyhting is in HD even FSC which I thought I read on another thread that it is only available in HD with top 250 or the latino packages.

#4 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

I have the multisport package and get most of the channels in HD that are available, however, for some reason I only get NBATV in sd. Is it supposed to be like that? NBATV in HD would be nice.

#5 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

I have NBAtv in HD but this could because it is part of the Top 200.

#6 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, it is part of the top 200 for sure, but should it also be a part of the Multi-Sport? Every other channel like that (MLB, NFL, ect,) that I get extra as part of the Multi-Sport package I get in SD and HD. NBATV, however, I only get in SD. It would be nice to figure out this was a mistake and to get NBATV in HD after we can correct it.

#7 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

I agree. It would work well for those who have Latino packages as they don't have any outlet to get NBA HD!

#8 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Can one of the DIRT members tell me if NBATV HD is supposed to be a part of the multisport pack or just the sd version?

#9 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Can one of the DIRT members tell me if NBATV HD is supposed to be a part of the multisport pack or just the sd version?

You would need to have the Americas Top 200 or higher with HD Free for Life or the HD add on in order for you to get NBATV in HD.

#10 OFFLINE   prstar51

prstar51

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

You would need to have the Americas Top 200 or higher with HD Free for Life or the HD add on in order for you to get NBATV in HD.

Why can't we get the MLB Network and the NHL Network in HD in Puerto Rico? They look terrible in SD.

#11 OFFLINE   a_maymi

a_maymi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

That's true. I asked the same question as many Dish customers are doing it. Because of Puerto Rico do not have MLB Network And NHL Network in HD if we are part of USA?

#12 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

PR doesn't have LOS to the sats those HD feeds are currently transmitted from. Wait for bandwidth realignments from MPEG4 and QPSK swaps to open up room.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#13 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

The multi-sports package does have HD channels if we have it in HD. NFL Network, MLB Network, NFL Redzone , etc. have HD feeds. Of course, you have to subscribe to HD programming.

is there plans too lower the 7.00 because of No MSG?

#14 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

is there plans too lower the 7.00 because of No MSG?

Two chances of that happening - Fat and Slim

Realistically, it won't happen.

#15 OFFLINE   satlover25

satlover25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Who's decision is it...Dish or RSN...to not carry programming on the HD feed of the corresponding channel? I get an immediate headache every time I see "check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"! I can no longer watch games broadcast in SD...gives me the same headache. 60" TV's are not designed to show sports in SD. This causes a seriously frustrating experience for a professed NCAA College Basketball Junkie. Equally as frustrating as when I heard Gus Johnson would no longer be calling NCAA Men's Basketball on CBS. I need to stop typing before you will be able to literally hear my scream of frustration through your PC/Apple/Android speaker! :grin:
HR34
HR21
H25
2 Genie Mini Clients
16+ yrs w/Dish Network...finally had to let them go!

#16 OFFLINE   a_maymi

a_maymi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

No only remove the sports channels HD. Right now to Puerto Rico there are no HD channels in the nba league pass. The past year were broadcasting in HD and the nba league pass starts today. Dish customer service told me I almost swear that the nba league pass would be tranmitir in HD to Puerto Rico. What happens to Dish?

Edited by a_maymi, 26 December 2011 - 06:34 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

a_maymi, save yourself from future disappointments. Believe nothing CSR's tell you. By nothing I mean nothing. :)
You will get better information here, by posting or asking a CSR that is assigned to the forums from Dish.

#18 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know that:
Fox soccer is available in HD with 120+ and Top 250
beIn Sports is available in HD with Top 250

Are these two channels available in HD with the multi sports pack if you don't subscribe to one of the packages above?

#19 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

On this subject, can a DIRT member tell me what the lowest qualifying package for the multi-sport add-on is?

-Thanks for looking.

#20 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

On this subject, can a DIRT member tell me what the lowest qualifying package for the multi-sport add-on is?

-Thanks for looking.

To add Multi-Sports you need AT120+.

spam firewall