Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-200 connecting to the internet

wndr3700

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stuntmanjames

stuntmanjames

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

I hate sounding like a complete idiot and I consider myself quite knowledgeable, but I am having some major issues connecting my hr24-200 to my wndr3700 netgear router and I need help.

I have my HR24-200 in my living room. I have the swim going to the deca broadband adapter and ethernet connected to the tii turbo 85 to make it wireless. I can take programs on the dvr and play it on the hd receiver in my bedroom.

in my office is the wndr3700 netgear router. I have the other tii turbo 85 connected to my router.

Everything in my home connects to the internet. I run the setup and the hr24-200 says its connected, but when I run the system test, it comes up saying it cannot find the internet. Any help would be appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

:welcome_s

I think you have your WNDR3700 connected to a DECA broadband adapter.
And I think you have your HR24 with something connected to the ethernet input?

If those statements are correct, unplug any ethernet connection from your HR24 and reboot it.

HR24's have a built in DECA and you can't have DECA running and the ethernet running together.

Good luck and post back if my reading is incorrect or it doesn't work. A drawing will be most helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wndr3700

spam firewall