Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sony Sat-B55 and DMX: can't get certain channels

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   phelme

phelme

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

It doesn't work that way.

Yeah, I know but that's how it appears.

I should have noticed this earlier, it appears that it won't lock on to *any* odd numbered transponder, only even. LNB problem? But then why do my H20 and H21 not have this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

I should have noticed this earlier, it appears that it won't lock on to *any* odd numbered transponder, only even. LNB problem? But then why do my H20 and H21 not have this issue?

Could be the LNB, could be the multiswitch (if you have one), could be the cable. The tech will be able to identify the problem.

#23 OFFLINE   phelme

phelme

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Maybe I've just been lucky up until now and never noticed?

Like I said, I only use this particular receiver for listening to dmx channels. And a small handful of those at that. Maybe it hasn't been able to tune the Zinwell WB68 and dish correctly at all since that multiswitch was installed a few years ago. And I've just never tried to listen to anything on an odd transponder before. :rolleyes:

Could be either the Sony can't do it or it's wired wrong (which doesn't seem likely)... maybe?

#24 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

Could be either the Sony can't do it or it's wired wrong (which doesn't seem likely)... maybe?

It's possible that the Sony receiver is partially fried. I had an H20-100 once that stopped receiving HD local channels. So it can happen.

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Maybe I've just been lucky up until now and never noticed?

Like I said, I only use this particular receiver for listening to dmx channels. And a small handful of those at that. Maybe it hasn't been able to tune the Zinwell WB68 and dish correctly at all since that multiswitch was installed a few years ago. And I've just never tried to listen to anything on an odd transponder before. :rolleyes:

At least you could do very simple move - move the coax coming to the Sony to other WB68 output port.

#26 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

The channels in question are on the 101. I just tuned in all three on my ancient Hughes HIRD receiver that I keep active just for DMX (Sonic Tap)

Here is a listing of the channels on the 119:

807 Rat Pack
824 Groove Lounge
852 Jazz
853 Metro Blend
855 Great Standards
861 PUMP!
865 Piano
870 Fiesta Tropical
873 Regional Mexican
876 Mariachi
877 Carnaval Brasileiro
880 Familiar Favorites
881 Italian bistro Blend
882 Italian contemporary
884 Tranquility

In addition, many of the channels added when XM was replaced with DMX were not added to the old program guide. This is the guide that says "Please wait-retrieving guide" when you ask for a show description.

Here are the channels you can't get unless your receiver has the Advanced Program Guide:

807 Rat Pack
815 Holidays & Happenings
824 Groove Lounge
852 Jazz
853 Metro Blend
855 Great Standards
860 Modern Workout
861 PUMP!
862 Classic Rock Workout
880 Familiar Favorites
881 Italian Bistro Blend
882 Italian Contemporary
883 Irish
884 Tranquility

I've attached a handy-dandy Microsoft Word Document detailing this and listing ALL the DMX (Sonic Tap) channels for your convenience. The "package" referred to in the document is Choice Xtra.

Enjoy!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  DMX.DOC   22KB   33 downloads

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#27 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I would say (again) - check gct's sticky thread - all latest info about all DTV channels include the music is there.

#28 OFFLINE   phelme

phelme

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

had a tech out to check levels since 103 was looking really low (he put in a new LNB which took care of that) and he thought the Sony was toast. Tried it on a different ports on the switch etc. Still no go on odd transponders. I now have a D11 in its place.

It lasted 10+ years so that isn't bad. Thanks everyone for your responses!

spam firewall