Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New version of NFL-ST app

philp anschutz

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I really hope Sunday there are no or limited problems because it seems with the first few weeks of the year they have alot of hiccups.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wakajawaka

wakajawaka

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Anyone else having problems logging on with their regular computer?

#23 OFFLINE   h4b1t

h4b1t

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

I'm trying it right now. my iPhone works perfectly but I've been trying since game start to get my PS3 to work and I'm not having any luck. I was able to watch part of a game but it kept skipping. I tried to change games and haven't been able to get back in since.

#24 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Anyone else having problems logging on with their regular computer?

Yes I am. Cannot logon from my computer. Trying for over 1 hour now. My ipad app kept freezing. Arrgh.
Good thing this crap is free...
DirecTV customer since 1995

#25 OFFLINE   h4b1t

h4b1t

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I feel sorry for those people who don't have access to Sunday Ticket unless they're on their PS3 They'd be out of lock right now apparently.

#26 OFFLINE   Surveyor40

Surveyor40

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Yep, my iPad is skipping and dropping out as well. If I click on another game, it starts really blocky, then becomes clear only to begin skipping within a min. No luck on logging in on my PC with D*'s own site, there is a message posted " we'll be back shortly. "
My Setup
14 year D* customer, LONG LIVE D*'s HDPC

#27 OFFLINE   Laserjock

Laserjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Yes I am. Cannot logon from my computer. Trying for over 1 hour now. My ipad app kept freezing. Arrgh.
Good thing this crap is free...

Exactly. My iPad2, which is streaming Netflix in the hotel just fine, is choking on this. Keep flipping from current video to video from a minute or so earlier then locks then jumps to commercial.

Really glad I did not pay for this.

#28 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Is the video supposed to be grainy (like standard def) on an iPad? My husband says it looked awful.

#29 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

Is the video supposed to be grainy (like standard def) on an iPad? My husband says it looked awful.

It should optimize the video based upon the device and the network performance. On my PC things looked as expected (not HD, but decent.)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#30 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I can't believe there's barely a word here about the NFL To Go issues from yesterday. It's all over the Net, including here:
http://profootballta...eaming-service/

#31 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

well, I'm tickled pink that I got the NFLST and TOGO free this year. From what I saw on the iPad, I won't have to worry if it works or not next season 'cause I sure wouldn't pay for that method. To say it sucked would be giving it credit.

The NFLST was OK if you just wanted to watch some football and didn't care about all the things that make it a fairly expensive sub level...

Whether I renew that next year will really depend on what happens next week.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#32 OFFLINE   fikuserectus

fikuserectus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, I noticed the quality of NFLST on my iPad, Android phone, and PC. It was terrible. Especially during the 1pm games. By 4pm things cleared up. Like someone said. They had issues yesterday. I guess the PS3 people are getting a week 1 credit it was so bad.

#33 OFFLINE   sacalait

sacalait

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, FL

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Has anyone heard if/when there will be a ST-to-go app and scheduler app upgrade for the new OS7 phones from Blackberry.

I got a new phone last week and I miss having those apps.
SACALAIT

Geaux Saints 2009 Superbowl Champions
LSU Tiger Baseball
National Champs '91, '93, '96, '97, '00, '09

#34 OFFLINE   sacalait

sacalait

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, FL

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

I did find out through a search on my device that the Storm version of ST is also compatible with the Torch so I downloaded it and it seems to work fine. Of course, I won't know for sure until Sunday but the other features of the app are all working.

On the other hand, I tried to download the Storm version of the the Scheduler and it didn't fill the screen and most of the actual page was chopped off, so it had hardly any usability. Hopefully they release a new version for OS7 soon.
SACALAIT

Geaux Saints 2009 Superbowl Champions
LSU Tiger Baseball
National Champs '91, '93, '96, '97, '00, '09

#35 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Lucky your Torch 2 (98x0) gets support for the NFL To-Go app. I see the 9800 Torch gets no support now with the latest app, should have kept last years app on my phone instead of updating since it had worked on my phone. No love for OS6.

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: philp anschutz

spam firewall