Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New boxes, need help with H25 (not seeing sat)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Setup is all me, has to be here in the sticks. Almost got it but need a little help from those who know. Here are the whole system specs:

1 29x25 3-LNB dish
Wasn't sure at first what Dish Type and settings to pick in Satellite Dish Setup, but 03: Slimline-3, 02: Multiswitch, and Dual tuner worked for the HR24 box.

1 HR24-100 box
This one is now working fine, wasn't getting HD's at first, switched to above settings and it's good to go now.

1 HR25-100 box - This one however still wont even find the dish, and i know the line going to it is good because other box works on it. I've reset it and went through the Satellite Dish Setup a few times, changing it to Slimline-3 and Multiswitch don't help this one find the dish.

1 WB68 Multiswitch - obviously working fine.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or overlooked in the setup for the HR25??

I have an old H20-100 with no card that works on the line the HR25 wont work on, so again i really know the cable is fine. What are the chances i can stick the card from HR25 into the H20? Ha! Don't worry i wont do it till i know it'd be ok. Nothing is hooked to a phone line of internet cable just fyi. Single strength is 95% on the 101

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

Setup is all me, has to be here in the sticks. Almost got it but need a little help from those who know. Here are the whole system specs:

1 29x25 3-LNB dish
Wasn't sure at first what Dish Type and settings to pick in Satellite Dish Setup, but 03: Slimline-3, 02: Multiswitch, and Dual tuner worked for the HR24 box.

1 HR24-100 box
This one is now working fine, wasn't getting HD's at first, switched to above settings and it's good to go now.

1 HR25-100 box - This one however still wont even find the dish, and i know the line going to it is good because other box works on it. I've reset it and went through the Satellite Dish Setup a few times, changing it to Slimline-3 and Multiswitch don't help this one find the dish.

1 WB68 Multiswitch - obviously working fine.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or overlooked in the setup for the HR25??

I have an old H20-100 with no card that works on the line the HR25 wont work on, so again i really know the cable is fine. What are the chances i can stick the card from HR25 into the H20? Ha! Don't worry i wont do it till i know it'd be ok. Nothing is hooked to a phone line of internet cable just fyi. Single strength is 95% on the 101

HR-25 's require a SWM setup, either SWM LNB or SWM-8/16 from regular slimline LNB. No getting around that

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#3 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

grrrr,...
was wondering if that cool lil bow was too cool for my old ass dish, lol
Ok..

1) would the card swap work?
or
2) what all is needed to make it a "SWM setup" ?

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

HR-25 's require a SWM setup, either SWM LNB or SWM-8/16 from regular slimline LNB. No getting around that

Doctor j

Other than there not being any HR-25, you've hit the nail on the head.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Other than there not being any HR-25,

Not that we know about anyway. :D

#6 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

grrrr,...
was wondering if that cool lil bow was too cool for my old ass dish, lol
Ok..

1) would the card swap work?
or
2) what all is needed to make it a "SWM setup" ?

Card swap bad idea?...
and do i need more then just the SWM LNB and power cord for it?

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Card swap bad idea?...
and do i need more then just the SWM LNB and power cord for it?

Card swapping is pointless, as it's a hardware issue.

SWiM LNB, PI, & splitter as needed.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Its funny, the dimensions the OP quoted for the dish, 29 x 25 in., are approximately those for the old AT-9.

The SlimLine 3 or 5 (AU-9) dish are ~32 x 22 in.

#9 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Its funny, the dimensions the OP quoted for the dish, 29 x 25 in., are approximately those for the old AT-9.

The SlimLine 3 or 5 (AU-9) dish are ~32 x 22 in.

If the sat setup screen had an option for 29 x 25 id have picked it, but like i said slimline 3 does work 100% for the HR24 unit. :)

Edited by MaryJaneJungle, 09 September 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Card swapping is pointless, as it's a hardware issue.

SWiM LNB, PI, & splitter as needed.

You didn't read what i wrote, card swapping (if it can even be done) would not be pointless because i would be putting said good card into an old HR20 box i have, and mentioned earlier (wont need the SWM).

I think it makes little sense for me to buy an $80 SWM LNB when i can just swap out the HR25 with DTv for another HR24 DVR unit for probably less when all said and done.

That's what i figure i'll do, but if someone would tell me if putting the HR25's card in the old HR20 i have will work, ill just do that for free.

Anyone know how id do that?.. :grin:

#11 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Card swapping, for all intents and purposes, is not allowed. The card is "married" to the box.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

#12 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

You didn't read what i wrote, card swapping (if it can even be done) would not be pointless because i would be putting said good card into an old HR20 box i have, and mentioned earlier (wont need the SWM).

I think it makes little sense for me to buy an $80 SWM LNB when i can just swap out the HR25 with DTv for another HR24 DVR unit for probably less when all said and done.

That's what i figure i'll do, but if someone would tell me if putting the HR25's card in the old HR20 i have will work, ill just do that for free.

The cards are married to the receivers, so putting the h25 card into the h20 will not work. If the h20 can be activated, you'll need to purchase a new card for it for $20. You could then deactivate the h25.
DogLover

My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

First you don't have a HR25, but may have the H25 [which I do have] and whether you swap a card or not, it won't have any effect on the fact that the H25 can only be connected to a SWiM setup. The hardware isn't made to work with a non SWiM system.
The last of the receivers that work with the non SWiM are the H/HR24s.
As to using the card from the H25 in your HR20, you'll have to contact the access card department and see if you'll help you.
A.K.A VOS

#14 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

If the sat setup screen had an option for 29 x 25 id have picked it, but like i said slimline 3 does work 100% for the HR24 unit. :)

My point was that if the dimensions of your dish are really ~ 29 x 25 in., then that is an (obsolete) AT-9 like here.

Posted Image

Whereas the SlimLine 3 (or 5) is ~ 32 x 22 in. and looks like this;

Posted Image

The SlimLine-3 that is.

#15 OFFLINE   cabletech

cabletech

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

You say you have have a older reciever, where is the card that should be with it? Has this reciever ever been activated on your account? If it was, then just reactivate it and disable the other one OR leave them both active. If the older one was not on your account, then you need to check with DTV for a statues and a new card

#16 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Yo should be able to get a whole new swim dish for less than 80. With all the problems they have had with h20 s I wouldn't ever use it if you have a h25 to use.

#17 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

My point was that if the dimensions of your dish are really ~ 29 x 25 in., then that is an (obsolete) AT-9 like here.

Posted Image

Whereas the SlimLine 3 (or 5) is ~ 32 x 22 in. and looks like this;

Posted Image

The SlimLine-3 that is.

well since i can use a tape measure,.. you are correct that top pic is my dish. obsolete and still working like a charm :-)

#18 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

Yo should be able to get a whole new swim dish for less than 80. With all the problems they have had with h20 s I wouldn't ever use it if you have a h25 to use.

REALLY DUDE? hmmm... everything i need for under $80? you sure, i looked and thought it was more, $80 just for the LNB. Still gotta figure out what all id need... :confused:

#19 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

First you don't have a HR25, but may have the H25 [which I do have] and whether you swap a card or not, it won't have any effect on the fact that the H25 can only be connected to a SWiM setup. The hardware isn't made to work with a non SWiM system.
The last of the receivers that work with the non SWiM are the H/HR24s.
As to using the card from the H25 in your HR20, you'll have to contact the access card department and see if you'll help you.

H25, you;re right, my bad.

That's another good idea too, i might just activate the h20 and then drop the h25 for $20. All the TV's are in the same room so its not like i need the SWM's cool all home network thing.

#20 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

well since i can use a tape measure,.. you are correct that top pic is my dish. obsolete and still working like a charm :-)

That's interesting then;

The proper setting in your receiver setup for an AT-9 is its functional equivalent, a SlimLine-5 non-SWiM. Use of a SlimLine-3 setting for an AT-9 dish usually causes 920 guide error messages eventually.

And by "obsolete" I mean DIRECTV no longer installs or stocks parts for them (in fact many techs. probably have never seen them), not that it is still not a solid performer.

But should it develop a problem DIRECTV's policy is to always totally swap them out for a SlimLine.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...