Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New boxes, need help with H25 (not seeing sat)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

H25, you;re right, my bad.

That's another good idea too, i might just activate the h20 and then drop the h25 for $20. All the TV's are in the same room so its not like i need the SWM's cool all home network thing.

"Needing it" and finding it useful, can be two different things.
I have 2 DVRs + H25 all next to each other, and have MRV just so I can use the H25 to control/view everything from one place.
All recording show in one list, and I can setup a recording or series link from the H25 on either DVR.
Before I got it I too said for the $3/month I'd simply use my TV input to change between DVRs, but $3/month is cheap for what I get out of it.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

H25, you;re right, my bad.

That's another good idea too, i might just activate the h20 and then drop the h25 for $20. All the TV's are in the same room so its not like i need the SWM's cool all home network thing.

Remember though, we have it good authority that the old H20s will not be capable of receiving the "cool" new HD-GUI that is soon to be released. :grin:

From CEDIA EXPO 2011:

HD GUI NEWS complied by YakeVlad:

I got some new details along confirming others with which have been speculated upon in the Anticipation thread:
Guide data will continue to be displayed in a 1.5 hr window only. Sorry, no option to display larger timeframes.
October / November release, though info later in this post suggests October release more than November
H20's will not get the HD GUI and never will as it does not have the required specs to allow for it.

#23 OFFLINE   MaryJaneJungle

MaryJaneJungle

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

That's interesting then;

The proper setting in your receiver setup for an AT-9 is its functional equivalent, a SlimLine-5 non-SWiM. Use of a SlimLine-3 setting for an AT-9 dish usually causes 920 guide error messages eventually.

And by "obsolete" I mean DIRECTV no longer installs or stocks parts for them (in fact many techs. probably have never seen them), not that it is still not a solid performer.

But should it develop a problem DIRECTV's policy is to always totally swap them out for a SlimLine.

ok well when i said works 100% i meant i get all the channels im suppose to, but i remember having guide problems before, not sure if it was 920, but always had to hit select to get rid of some guide error.
I switched it to SlimLine-5, which i thought i tried before and got no HD's, but there there, its on 5 and seems good. Thanks, hopefully never a guide error now.

Peace

Protected By... spam firewall...And...