Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Online programming for my DVR?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

I used to set up recordings online, which worked well.

Now, I can only find "Dish Online", which doesn't seem to have the capability to search and schedule recordings, based on the categories they used to have, such as comedy or suspense.

Am I missing something? Please help!

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BodyshotsByDan

BodyshotsByDan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Looks like Dish Remote Access is gone, they have been threatening it for a while now :( Sucks because I prefer DRA over DOL
Dish Network 2x VIP722k,
1x VIP722, VIP625
Top 250 + HD/Platinum
Dish subscriber for 6+ years,
DirectTV DVRer before that, COX DVRer before that
Original ReplyTV owner, boy I miss that thing.

#3 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

I used to set up recordings online, which worked well.

Now, I can only find "Dish Online", which doesn't seem to have the capability to search and schedule recordings, based on the categories they used to have, such as comedy or suspense.

Am I missing something? Please help!

Thanks!

Correct. Dish apparently decided that online management of our DVR's is not important, so we're left with the limited capability included in Dish Online... many complaints and no indication of fixes being worked.

#4 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

Dish is certainly out of step with me, since just about everything they change pisses me off.

I used to be a Dish booster, but that's getting harder, since they insist on taking 0 steps forward, and two steps back.

#5 OFFLINE   Wolfpanther

Wolfpanther

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

I can still log on to the remote access site and see my dvr and schedule recordings. I'm on it right now.

Pam

#6 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

I can still log on to the remote access site and see my dvr and schedule recordings. I'm on it right now.

Pam

I envy you. What URL are you using to get to the login page? I just tried the one I used to use (dish.sling.com, which redirects me to http://dish11.sling.com/index.php), and it shows a guide but not my channels, and it doesn't see my DVR, which is hard-wired to the internet.

#7 OFFLINE   Wolfpanther

Wolfpanther

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

The dish.sling.com website. It redirects me to dish13sling.com/index.php. I just logged in to see if changed. It took me to My DVR which shows my recordings on both the dvr and EHD and my timers. It also gave me my grid.

#8 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

The dish.sling.com website. It redirects me to dish13sling.com/index.php. I just logged in to see if changed. It took me to My DVR which shows my recordings on both the dvr and EHD and my timers. It also gave me my grid.

Well, I guess you're charmed, or I'm cursed, or maybe both... I can't get to dish13sling.com (or dish13.sling.com).

#9 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

What I liked about the old online software was the ability to easily find shows to record, since there was at least a minimal attempt to organize them into categories by theme.

For example, on my computer, I could go through all the movies showing in the next week, and set some up to record, in about 1/10th the time it would take on my DVR.

For me, this feature was the best part of the old on-line program.

#10 OFFLINE   psaman

psaman

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

For all intents and purposes, DOL is totally useless to me. Like others, remote access worked fine for me from my desktop, laptop and android. I did not make or adjust timers, I just liked watching my recorded shows thru the sling adapter, when traveling. Now I get so many errors it's hard to keep track. The main one though is dish online keeps telling me my 722k is not connected to the internet; but the receiver tells me it is and that the sling adapter is ready.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...