Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

old remote for 722

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ddgwood

ddgwood

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hi,all thank you for the great site,with the help from here I upgraded to hd and got the sling adapter and got 10 off a month when I didnt think I could. the question know is can a remote from my old 625 tv2 be programed to work on the
722 for tv2?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

I don't see why not, as both receivers come with the same 6.3 or 6.4 remote. Bring up the System Info screen and press Record on the remote to sync the receiver to the remote's address set.

On the slight chance that you misidentified a 722k receiver, the answer is the same. The old remote just won't have the 21.0 remote's System Wizard feature but it's more comfortable to use.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#3 OFFLINE   ddgwood

ddgwood

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

I finally got a chance to try programming the remote and it will program but then the original wont work, both are on the same address but they original is b the extra is a Im not sure what to do next the original is a 21. Thank you

Protected By... spam firewall...And...