Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network partners to support TBS, TNT, and CNN apps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yesterday the TNT and TBS apps were released for the iPad (I have not yet checked for the iPhone)... and I noted that the CNN app I already had installed supports both CNN and HLN in a single app.

CNN and HLN support live streaming, and while I didn't check TNT and TBS fully as they are new apps, they have links to some full episodes of programs that air on those networks.

These add to the ever-growing list of apps that support mobile viewing through verification of your Dish Network subscription we have discussed in other threads (HBO Go, MAX Go, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network).

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

I hadn't noticed the CNN app had been changed to include live streaming. Quality is pretty darn good.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

I hadn't noticed the CNN app had been changed to include live streaming. Quality is pretty darn good.

Yeah... that caught me by surprise... but since I knew they were all in the Turner family, I went back and checked, and sure enough it had a place to login as well.

#4 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Nice apps. However, I have no sound on the TNT and TBS app. The CNN app works fine and every other app requiring sound works as it should. I have an iPad.

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hopefully those will be available for Android soon....

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

Nice apps. However, I have no sound on the TNT and TBS app. The CNN app works fine and every other app requiring sound works as it should. I have an iPad.

I'll have to dig a little... I didn't give the apps the full shakedown beyond making sure I could login and authenticate my subscription with Dish.

#7 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

I just started up the first episode of Falling Skies and the sound works fine for me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...